+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds ticket sales

Leeds ticket sales

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/cardiff...x?itemref=5685

The middle tier on the Ninian Stand now on sale, main bowl already pretty much sold out.

Re: Leeds ticket sales

What was it about 28,000 without the Ninian upper? Could this be close to a record crowd for a league game?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    What was it about 28,000 without the Ninian upper? Could this be close to a record crowd for a league game?
    I'd doubt it, we'd need to sell about 29k for that, and open the top tier (Derby 2016) but it is a great attendance on a Tuesday night!

Seats in part of the top tier are now selling.

Everyone wants to be on telly.

Could do with the Echo punting this out now and boosting the crowd a la Burnley back in the 80s or Hereford in the 70s.

I ordered x3 so called £fiver tickets today - they were for the middle upper tier - my mate has ordered 5 extra - so that's 8 more than usual

[QUOTE=Arfur Europe;4785755]Could do with the Echo punting this out now and boosting the crowd a la Burnley back in the 80s or Hereford in the 70s.[/QUOTE

The Echo did this in the 70's too. Crystal Palace in an evening game. Malcolm Allison said we wouldn't get more than around 16k. Around 28k turned up. 1-0 Tony Villiers - we stayed up Palace went down.

I was there

[QUOTE=Louth;4785791]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Could do with the Echo punting this out now and boosting the crowd a la Burnley back in the 80s or Hereford in the 70s.[/QUOTE

The Echo did this in the 70's too. Crystal Palace in an evening game. Malcolm Allison said we wouldn't get more than around 16k. Around 28k turned up. 1-0 Tony Villiers - we stayed up Palace went down.
    April '74 if memory serves me well ??

Looks like being brilliant support.

Cant wait. Love the big games under the floodlights.

[QUOTE=Louth;4785791]
    Could do with the Echo punting this out now and boosting the crowd a la Burnley back in the 80s or Hereford in the 70s.[/QUOTE

Surely 1-1
    I remember the goal, from edge of area. About the only good thing Villers did for us. Talented but lazy.

Can't believe I'm missing this game...

I think we were relegated the following season. I'm sure promotion the following season at Bury. Wednesday night, about 4k city fans there. How come I remember this shite?

[QUOTE=Louth;4785791]

1-1 the Palarse game

Fair enough, I know I was shitting myself during the game.

I've already sorted 7 extras out amongst my lad's football club and have now just ordered another 4 that I selected on the halfway line in the Ninian Middle Tier. That's on top of my own 3 season tickets.

Sales in the Middle Tier are now passing the halfway line towards the Canton, and with very little available elsewhere in the ground, I fully expect this to be sold out.

If that happens then the only area left is the Upper Tier!

I've also had a little word with a South Wales Echo contact to 'spread' the word, just as they did for those large attendance games mentioned above (Burnley / Hereford / Crystal Palace).

Would love this to get to 30k!!

I've already sorted 7 extras out amongst my lad's football club and have now just ordered another 4 that I selected on the halfway line in the Ninian Middle Tier. That's on top of my own 3 season tickets.

Sales in the Middle Tier are now passing the halfway line towards the Canton, and with very little available elsewhere in the ground, I fully expect this to be sold out.

If that happens then the only area left is the Upper Tier!

I've also had a little word with a South Wales Echo contact to 'spread' the word, just as they did for those large attendance games mentioned above (Burnley / Hereford / Crystal Palace).

Would love this to get to 30k!!

I've done the same, got 11 for friends of friends.

About 400 left in Main Bowl now and a few hundred on Ninian middle tier, so looking like the top tier will need to be opened.

Can't really use the blocks in there nearest the away fans so capacity isn't likely to be much over 30/31k, given the extra segregation downstairs as well.

Not that I think we'll get near that.
    Anything over 26k will be good, over 28k - excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    About 400 left in Main Bowl now and a few hundred on Ninian middle tier, so looking like the top tier will need to be opened.

Can't really use the blocks in there nearest the away fans so capacity isn't likely to be much over 30/31k, given the extra segregation downstairs as well.

how many Leeds away fans tickets sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I should also shout out a thanks for the first 7 tickets Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    how many Leeds away fans tickets sold?
    3,774 Leeds United tickets sold

Isn't it 2700 that they have been given ?

I should also shout out a thanks for the first 7 tickets Tim!
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    3,774 Leeds United tickets sold
    Fair play, that's good for them down here. They don't usually travel well here for some reason. Should be abouncing atmosphere, and Chris and TydfilWhite will be safely in their bedsits watching proceedings on dodgy streams.