+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Mel Brooks Right "Political Correctness Is Killing Comedy "

Re: Is Mel Brooks Right "Political Correctness Is Killing Comedy "

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd guess I'm three times older than him and I can "see how truly ****ed over they have been" as well. At 61, I belong to a generation that has never had to fight in a war, never had to pay for any of the text books I had when I was in school and certainly would not have had a loan to pay off if I had gone to University. I also have had free health care all of my life, didn't have to pay dental charges for the early part of it and am now in receipt of a public service pension which amounts to virtually a five figure sum per annum - that figure is higher for many of my age.

When I was younger, I thought that it was inevitable that the generations coming behind me would have an improved quality of life compared to me - in lots of ways they do, but, in many, very important, ways they certainly do not. The benefits I've enjoyed throughout my life should be the minimum criteria that today's youngsters would expect and it's a reflection of the people who have governed us for the past forty years or so that it isn't.
    Pretty well summed up, I'd not want to be between 18 & 30 in the current world, TBF i don't think that ADZ is a very good reflection of his age group, and i doubt he'd have got into uni during previous generations, but i do think ppl of his age will soon be on foreign shores waging WWIII, like the previous two WW's, they are just set-up and can be seen currently being played out on our TV screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Pretty well summed up, I'd not want to be between 18 & 30 in the current world, TBF i don't think that ADZ is a very good reflection of his age group, and i doubt he'd have got into uni during previous generations, but i do think ppl of his age will soon be on foreign shores waging WWIII, like the previous two WW's, they are just set-up and can be seen currently being played out on our TV screens.
    Know him personally, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I tell you what, i'll answer when you have asked the same question to ADZ
    a.jpg

I tell you what, i'll answer when you have asked the same question to ADZ
    Missed that one...

Yeah coz you know the grades I had to get, and my course.

I go to a top Russell Group uni, not any random one

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yep. Nelson and I were besties since I was a young child

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Yeah coz you know the grades I had to get, and my course.

I go to a top Russell Group uni, not any random one
    Yous 40 years behind cool spelling, Noddy Holder wuz doing it in 1971, it's not new.