+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Mel Brooks Right "Political Correctness Is Killing Comedy "

Re: Is Mel Brooks Right "Political Correctness Is Killing Comedy "

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I got here too late :(

This thread is like Christmas, drunk grandad JDerrida has fired out his off-topic rant and collapse on the sofa snoring and the crazy auntie has turned it into a discussion about the moon landings being fake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I got here too late :(
    You still made the effort.

This thread is like Christmas, drunk grandad JDerrida has fired out his off-topic rant and collapse on the sofa snoring and the crazy auntie has turned it into a discussion about the moon landings being fake.
    Not sure who the crazy auntie is?

Sustainable Development and agenda 21 has been agreed upon by 193 countries.
    http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    What about that one which was set in an evening class and had stereotypes of every nation?

Forget what it was called but good family fun back in the day.
    That's right. Mind Your Language. Racial Stereotypes of just about every other European nation.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post

PS. people use Uber now, not taxis
    Not for much longer

Better start learning your knowledge Adz

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Mind your language
    That's the one.

My favourite was the Indian man.

Even as a kid I could see the appeal of the Swedish lady.

They don't make em like that anymore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhd1IqNM3M8

You still made the effort.

Not sure who the crazy auntie is?

Sustainable Development and agenda 21 has been agreed upon by 193 countries.
    http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/
    fertility-rates-1970-2014.jpg

We are already quite far along this road.

Resistance is futile.
    Join us.

That's the one.

My favourite was the Indian man.

Even as a kid I could see the appeal of the Swedish lady.

They don't make em like that anymore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhd1IqNM3M8
    The nice French woman used to star in naughty films if you're in a googling mood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

We are already quite far along this road.

Resistance is futile.
    Join us.

If you think that it's a good idea for the UN to gain control of all the resources and people on this planet you carry on, don't expect me to help though.

If you think that it's a good idea for the UN to gain control of all the resources and people on this planet you carry on, don't expect me to help though.

Dan right comrade

Is doing nothing a moral decision though?

It may be off topic, but in reply to adz ridiculous comments, which many have participated.
    Clearly you can only read single paragraphs, otherwise your poor microcephalic brain goes into meltdown.
    I'm amazed that you sent your message at 20 to 10 at night. Way past your bedtime. You must have woken up in a bad mood after you wet the bed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Is doing nothing a moral decision though?
    Is helping them enslave every person on this planet a moral decision?

I'm all for helping people, feeding the poor ect ect but I refuse to do it based on lies, if they care so much about starving people why are people like Comic relief investing millions in to arms and tobacco companies when people have nothing to eat and no fresh water? because they do not give a shit that's why.

Read the truth about live aid, probably did more harm than good but it made everyone feel good about themselves didn't it?
    https://www.spin.com/featured/live-a...eldof-feature/

The truth is I would give up everything I have if I thought it meant that children all over the world would have access to fresh water but I know it's not going to happen, the blackmail will continue, they will gain control of every corner of the globe and people will still die.

btw what was the answer to your quiz question the other day? England is 2% buildings and Wales is 0.9% buildings wasn't it? I had no idea how overpopulated we are I guess that's why we have stopped building houses eh?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not for much longer

Better start learning your knowledge Adz
    Bet you couldn't even get into uni... wasteman

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Seriously deluded youngsters these days.

Going back a generation, there was less accessibility to University education, no computers, laptops, mobile phones, satellite TV, one television and one car per household, special gifts, like a bike, would sometimes be for Christmas and birthday presents combined, comparable disposable incomes were far lower.
    More and more younger people (and older people) are obese due to eating crap foods, like McDonald's, KFC, pizzas and take aways.
    They also lead a more sedentary lifestyle.
    Younger people in general are less likely to walk to and from places than previous generations and expect mum or dad to transport them here and there.
    We have a more throwaway society than ever before. People in general, but more so younger people want immediacy and generally are not prepared to wait for things like previous generations.
    Unemployment was over 3 million when I left school and you laughably say you have tougher jobs market. Utter garbage.
    There was NO minimum wage.
    There's a 19 year old I know who works 30 hours per week, for minimum wage, lives with his 18 year old girlfriend in a property overlooking the sea and they have bought all new furniture, TV and house fittings. He was not prepared to wait or get second hand or hand me downs.

So yes, this generation, in general, belive they have a greater sense of entitlement than ever before.
    That's a yearly wage of £11,700 if he worked every week. I smell bullshit in that little anecdote

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's a yearly wage of £11,700 if he worked every week. I smell bullshit in that little anecdote
    Perhaps his 18 year old girlfriend is sucking dick for a living?

Pays well.

So I'm told.

That's because back in the day they only let really clever people in to become doctors and stuff.

Unlike now, where you get to 'study' films, tourism and how to be nice to trannies and stuff (while spending your grant money on chips and kebabs)

Basically if you're willing to pay then there's a place for you.

Unless you're really dull.

Then you get to work on the phones for British Gas.

That's because back in the day they only let really clever people in to become doctors and stuff.

Unlike now, where you get to 'study' films, tourism and how to be nice to trannies and stuff (while spending your grant money on chips and kebabs)

Basically if you're willing to pay then there's a place for you.

Unless you're really dull.

Then you get to work on the phones for British Gas.

I don't study that

The money is a loan with higher interest than one at a bank

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    It may be off topic, but in reply to adz ridiculous comments, which many have participated.
    Clearly you can only read single paragraphs, otherwise your poor microcephalic brain goes into meltdown.
    I'm amazed that you sent your message at 20 to 10 at night. Way past your bedtime. You must have woken up in a bad mood after you wet the bed.
    Adz was sticking up for himself and his 'entitled' generation. So entitled that they have to pay for lots of things that other generations got subsidised. I am a bit older than adz but I can see how truly ****ed over they have been and no amount of iPads and overseas holidays will make up for that.

I didn't need to Kanye. Earn twice as much as your average graduate, without the 20/30k debt.

Adz was sticking up for himself and his 'entitled' generation. So entitled that they have to pay for lots of things that other generations got subsidised. I am a bit older than adz but I can see how truly ****ed over they have been and no amount of iPads and overseas holidays will make up for that.
    Yep, that politics P jay say will come on handy when he's boring people in his uber

Because we have a tougher job market, we are less likely to be in the housing ladder etc
    A tougher job market? Is it tougher than when there were 3,000,000 unemployed?

I'd guess I'm three times older than him and I can "see how truly ****ed over they have been" as well. At 61, I belong to a generation that has never had to fight in a war, never had to pay for any of the text books I had when I was in school and certainly would not have had a loan to pay off if I had gone to University. I also have had free health care all of my life, didn't have to pay dental charges for the early part of it and am now in receipt of a public service pension which amounts to virtually a five figure sum per annum - that figure is higher for many of my age.

When I was younger, I thought that it was inevitable that the generations coming behind me would have an improved quality of life compared to me - in lots of ways they do, but, in many, very important, ways they certainly do not. The benefits I've enjoyed throughout my life should be the minimum criteria that today's youngsters would expect and it's a reflection of the people who have governed us for the past forty years or so that it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Certainly tougher for a graduate now than the years pre-crash 2008. For quite a few years a 2:2 in any old degree and half a brain used to get you on a grad scheme and earning 30k within a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Hard to compare eras. Nowadays you have massaged unemployment figures and the gig economy/zero hours contracts. 'Workers' in those categories may not make enough to live on but they won't count in the unemployment figures as they may have done in the past.