+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I have to go to court

Banned

I have to go to court

Unbelievable.

Had a letter through to go to court.
    3 years ago I was driving in Penarth, waiting to turn left and behind me , this bus from a large company decided he wasn't waiting , so he went onto the other side of the road to go around me and caught my rear off side quarter bumper.

We pay extra for car hire in the event of an accident, the said company admitted liability, we had a hire car from our insuarance company, one week later , the garage calls us, cars fixed, we pick it up straight away and job done... or so I thought.

Fast forward to today, turns out, this large bus company is disputing the length of time we had the car hire for. (1 week)
    They've paid for the damage but not the car hire.

They've taken our insurance company to court over why we had it so long.

Now why we have to go to court is beyond me. Surely this is a case between 2 companies and that is how it should remain.
    All we did was have a hire car while the work was being done and returned it when asked.
    If I was the judge , first thing I'd say is why are these 2 here? What you dragging them here for?

Re: I have to go to court

Well you're from Barry, in you !

Nuff said

The upper class ambulance chasers are the worst!

I think you will find that this is a formality and insurance company are dealing with. Need to check though. Pain in the butt for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Unbelievable.

3 years ago I was driving in Penarth, waiting to turn left and behind me , this bus from a large company decided he wasn't waiting , so he went onto the other side of the road to go around me and caught my rear off side quarter bumper.

We pay extra for car hire in the event of an accident, the said company admitted liability, we had a hire car from our insuarance company, one week later , the garage calls us, cars fixed, we pick it up straight away and job done... or so I thought.

Fast forward to today, turns out, this large bus company is disputing the length of time we had the car hire for. (1 week)

Now why we have to go to court is beyond me. Surely this is a case between 2 companies and that is how it should remain.
    All we did was have a hire car while the work was being done and returned it when asked.
    If I was the judge , first thing I'd say is why are these 2 here? What you dragging them here for?
    You're a witness, presumably, not been charged with anything have you?

Unbelievable.

I have a terrible feeling of deja vu.

The panel beaters did a good job, fair does.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/wp-con...Beat-Decal.jpg

It's priz for you, you've obviously been rumbled👍

Feedback

You are going over the wall for a ten stretch. You will end up with an arsehole like a windsock.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    You are going over the wall for a ten stretch. You will end up with an arsehole like a windsock.

Homophobic. Reported.

Have you considered fire bombing this 'large company?' I'm sure they would be distracted. I know a few guys from Ballymun if you're interested.

No more than he deserves.

The Man U supporting bastard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    No more than he deserves.

The Man U supporting bastard.
    😂

I bet it Hertz.

Unbelievable.

It's a ploy by the lawyers. You're evidence will support the insurance company. If you don't go, the bus co lawyers will claim they are in an unfair position as they are not able to cross examine you. If you do go, they'll either agree your statement before going into the courtroom, thereby releasing you from giving evidence or get you to give evidence, then ask you no questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    It's a ploy by the lawyers. You're evidence will support the insurance company. If you don't go, the bus co lawyers will claim they are in an unfair position as they are not able to cross examine you. If you do go, they'll either agree your statement before going into the courtroom, thereby releasing you from giving evidence or get you to give evidence, then ask you no questions.
    This.

Or it's just a ploy to get him before the beak to explain his internet history

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    This.

Or it's just a ploy to get him before the beak to explain his internet history
    It's like one of those things you see on TV where they write to a wanted criminal to tell them they've won an xbox and they should collect it from the local police station...

Unbelievable.

so...GTFO of the way of the bus next time. Chump

At that speed, you're looking at a prison sentence. Check out Pepipoo

The voice of experience?