+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qatar Airways - Again

Qatar Airways - Again

Superb airline flown with them a couple of times, but I don't think their operation from Cardiff will last long. I've just put in some dates to fly to Krabi next June and the price is £280 more than that from LHR, nearly £600 per couple.

That was just one search mind.

Re: Qatar Airways - Again

So no 2 hour journey, maybe no car to park as you can get someone to drop you off.

Loads of other reasons why it's worth £280 more to fly from Cardiff.

Stop knocking people trying.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So no 2 hour journey, maybe no car to park as you can get someone to drop you off.

I don't think he's knocking it. For some couples the time saved and convenience is not worth £600, for others it is.

I priced up some fares and they are about 15 percent more than Heathrow . Well worth it in my opinion to avoid all the hassle .

£280 to save 4 hours in a car? You can easily jump on the National Express to Heathrow too - the coach fees are worth it just to save parking charges.

I'd like to know how they justify the extra £280. What does it cost from Bristol (assuming the flights exist for there)?

Is it constantly more expensive from Cardiff?

I'd say Heathrow is one of the easier airports to get yourself to from South Wales.
    2hr journey and it's pretty much just off the M4. £280 difference is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I'd say Heathrow is one of the easier airports to get yourself to from South Wales.
    2hr journey and it's pretty much just off the M4. £280 difference is a disgrace.
    15% extra to fly "local"? It is a disgrace. How can Cardiff become a major airport if even the locals find it less of a drag to go to London or Bristol?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    £280 to save 4 hours in a car? You can easily jump on the National Express to Heathrow too - the coach fees are worth it just to save parking charges.

I'd like to know how they justify the extra £280. What does it cost from Bristol (assuming the flights exist for there)?

I wouldn't PISS on Bristol if it was on fire, hate the town and the people in it.

I wouldn't PISS on Bristol if it was on fire, hate the town and the people in it.
    Not sure what your point is.

Yes but the reason for you to go there would be so can get yourself the feck out of there again at 500mph

Not sure what your point is.
    My point is "I HATE THE TOWN OF BRISTOL AND THE PEOPLE IN IT" !!!!

Which part don't you understand ???? (not being facetious, like)

I wouldn't give them a penny of my money.

Good in flight entertainment but the food they serve is the worst I have ever seen for an apparently top quality airline

For breakfast one chicken sausage and scrabbled egg that looked like it'd been made about a month ago

"Ahhh great, a chicken sandwich coming up inbetween breakfast and tea They can't get that wrong".

It turned up and it was like some weird sausage roll. Tasted like feet

The Cardiff Qatar route is such a coup as it is the only such route to the Middle East from either Wales or the South West.

The pricing still needs to be realistic to make it a success, so this news is disappointing.

If the differential was only a few quid, then it would be appealing to those over the bridge.

In other news, it will be well handy for the World Cup should Wales make it!

Far from knocking it Tony, I welcome all 'triers' especially with it bringing business to South Wales. My point was that the price was considerably more than that compared with LHR. I love flying from Cardiff and would choose it everytime when the price is right. I use LHR quite a lot and have got used to driving up and staying in the Prem Inn on their Park/Fly deal which is usually around £100 with a good brekkie. That with fuel and bridge comes in around £150, which would give me a saving of £330, which I would take even with the 2.5 hour drive each way.

Qatar is by far the best airline I have flown with, note the other post about the food and I had the same experience although it 'was OK'. I always try to get the leg room seats and usually lucky and very lucky on the last flight where I sat in the very small economy section in the quiet upper deck on the monster that is the A380. Cathay were good as well although I paid the extra for premium economy which was fab. Decided to use Eva next time who have top reviews.

Anyway back to the point, not knocking them/it just surprised and disappointed it is so more costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    I priced up some fares and they are about 15 percent more than Heathrow . Well worth it in my opinion to avoid all the hassle .
    I would deffo use it if it was a matter of just 15%.Maybe it was the example I used, what dates and destination did you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    It's that easy to get to, we ended up there one night without trying!

My point is "I HATE THE TOWN OF BRISTOL AND THE PEOPLE IN IT" !!!!

Which part don't you understand ???? (not being facetious, like)

I wouldn't give them a penny of my money.
    A bit small world that. You can fly from Cardiff to the place of your choice for £1000 or you can fly from Bristol to the place of your choice for £800. You choose Cardiff because of some amazing belief that the people of Bristol would be reaping the rewards of your visit?

In the airport now waiting to fly to Malaga , shockingly dirty , bins overflowing and the toilets are minging. Queues to buy food and drink and not enough seats in the departure area . They have got to up their game massively, I am staggered how bad it is here .

A bit small world that. You can fly from Cardiff to the place of your choice for £1000 or you can fly from Bristol to the place of your choice for £800. You choose Cardiff because of some amazing belief that the people of Bristol would be reaping the rewards of your visit?
    I repeat: BRISTOL DOES NOT HAVE A DIRECT MIDDLE EAST ROUTE.

You'd have to go to Amsterdam, which you could more easily do from CWL anyway.

Don't know how old you are, but History dictates how I feel about that shithole and it's scummy inhabitants

International

I flew Qatar from Baku to Bangkok via Doha. every time we took off we were treated to someone praying from the Koran thanks the lord we had taken off safely, and every time we landed the same thing for the landing. Can you imagine British Airways doing the same thing praying to Jesus? There would be a huge outcry from the PC brigade about possibly offending muslim passengers.

and what really bothered me was the niggling thought that if this member of the crew felt the need for Allah's interjection he didn't have much faith in eiiher the Aeroplane or the pilot.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Superb airline flown with them a couple of times, but I don't think their operation from Cardiff will last long. I've just put in some dates to fly to Krabi next June and the price is £280 more than that from LHR, nearly £600 per couple.

Regardless of the desire to support your local airport, for a family ,that price differential is significant. The big question is if this a reflection of opportunist pricing by the airline or a reflection of the costs associated with operating out of Rhoose due to the airport charging a premium ,that the airline is passing on to passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Good in flight entertainment but the food they serve is the worst I have ever seen for an apparently top quality airline

For breakfast one chicken sausage and scrabbled egg that looked like it'd been made about a month ago

"Ahhh great, a chicken sandwich coming up inbetween breakfast and tea They can't get that wrong".

It turned up and it was like some weird sausage roll. Tasted like feet
    You eat a lot of feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

I'm sure I read initially there would not be much difference in price according to Qatar anyway. They are big enough to do this unlike other shitty airlines. Surely the Welsh gov would have secured a good deal and not charged them a fortune to land like was happening in the past and why no airlines chose Cardiff.
    Still, you often have to stay over in some dump near Gatwick aswell as travel so that would be £200 or 300 saved.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I flew Qatar from Baku to Bangkok via Doha. every time we took off we were treated to someone praying from the Koran thanks the lord we had taken off safely, and every time we landed the same thing for the landing. Can you imagine British Airways doing the same thing praying to Jesus? There would be a huge outcry from the PC brigade about possibly offending muslim passengers.

and what really bothered me was the niggling thought that if this member of the crew felt the need for Allah's interjection he didn't have much faith in eiiher the Aeroplane or the pilot.
    Didn't have any religious nonsense when I flew to India with them....I could well have been too shitted to notice.....