+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qatar Airways - Again

Re: Qatar Airways - Again

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    The Cardiff Qatar route is such a coup as it is the only such route to the Middle East from either Wales or the South West.

The pricing still needs to be realistic to make it a success, so this news is disappointing.

If the differential was only a few quid, then it would be appealing to those over the bridge.

In other news, it will be well handy for the World Cup should Wales make it!

At the moment Qatar Airways cannot fly into the UAE, Kuwait or Saudi so unless the dispute is solved, you fly into Qatar and are stuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Superb airline flown with them a couple of times, but I don't think their operation from Cardiff will last long. I've just put in some dates to fly to Krabi next June and the price is £280 more than that from LHR, nearly £600 per couple.

That was just one search mind.
    Just put in another search and CWL only came in at a very small amount more than the LHR option so hopefully my original search is the exception rather than the rule. I'd love this to work, as it would hopefully bring much needed business the the airline network from Wales. Fingers crossed.

I paid £165 to get from Barry to Heathrow via Paddington and besides being expensive it was a pain in the arse. I'd gladly pay extra to fly to or from Cardiff.

I'm actually flying into Cardiff via Dublin in January. There's a 3 hour layover, but I'd rather hang around the airport and have something to eat than **** around going from LHR to Paddigton to Cardiff to Barry.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

All carriers that route through the Middle East Etihad Emirates etc all have the same same Arabic announcements prayers etc
    Last edited by light up the darkness; 24-09-17 at 17:07. Reason: Wasn't quite what I'd intended

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    All carriers that route through the Middle East Etihad Emirates etc all have the same same Arabic announcements prayers etc
    I've flown Emirates 8 times in the last year and never heard prayers said. Flying with Qatar through Doha for the first time in November, so I'll listen out :)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My point is "I HATE THE TOWN OF BRISTOL AND THE PEOPLE IN IT" !!!!

Which part don't you understand ???? (not being facetious, like)

I wouldn't give them a penny of my money.
    So you'll be delighted to hear your mates from the West Country will be shovelling their (shit) Nuclear Waste over here soon, all okayed by WELSH LABOUR
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-41347137

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Just put in another search and CWL only came in at a very small amount more than the LHR option so hopefully my original search is the exception rather than the rule. I'd love this to work, as it would hopefully bring much needed business the the airline network from Wales. Fingers crossed.
    So you created a thread dismissing a massive boost in the south Wales economy and creating a row because you only googled one option. I'm glad I don't live near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So you created a thread dismissing a massive boost in the south Wales economy and creating a row because you only googled one option. I'm glad I don't live near you.
    Go on Mike, delete his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Nah, he wasn't being flippant.

I really must start infracting again as some people are.

Nah, he wasn't being flippant.

I really must start infracting again as some people are.
    Are, what ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Are, what ?
    Are being flippant. Which has literally become the worst offence you can commit on the CCMB.

Are being flippant. Which has literally become the worst offence you can commit on the CCMB.
    Whoosh

I been banning as well, so there are worse things.

Qatar are fab and I only hope they can price in line with LHR

Whoosh

I been banning as well, so there are worse things.
    Things worse than flippancy? I find that hard to believe.

Things worse than flippancy? I find that hard to believe.
    Shortcuts

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Shortcuts
    Fair point. I suppose I hadn't thought it through.

I usually fly to the US FROM LHR, apart from petrol, we usually stay in a hotel in London the night before we fly (in case of traffic/car issues) about £150. Add another £100 for parking, and suddenly CWL looks the better option.

US ? Confused moi ? 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    US ? Confused moi ? ��
    My point being, if I could fly to the US for only a couple of hundred quid less than from Heathrow, I’d jump at it

My point being, if I could fly to the US for only a couple of hundred quid less than from Heathrow, I’d jump at it

It should be cheaper, the plane will use less fuel as it's 100 miles closer to the USA.

Direct American routes would also be a huge coup for CWL but not sure which routes they should go for.

Do you mean the odd Florida / Vegas holiday, or business flights to the administrative Cities such as Washington / New York? (Although both can be served by the other I believe).

If implemented, and if price competitive, then they may just be attractive enough to the border towns and South West which is what they'll need for growth / sustainability, but the archaic / medieval / not fit for purpose M4 through Newport would prevent this I fear.

The M4 relief road simply has to be built - TODAY!!!

Moving away from the op. I've flown into Cardiff 4 times this year. It looks like Biggin Hill. Security staff are like robots. I've seen bigger doughnuts than the carousel.
    The one plus was the police. A dog handler came past me, telling me not to touch the dog as it checked me out. He then said "don't worry, it won't piss on your leg!" Hilarious!

Totally agreed. In old Welsh style, decades of mismanagement and underinvestment has meant it was not fit for purpose, until the Welsh Government stepped in as someone finally realised it's strategic importance.

Yes, the terminal building really could do with knocking down and starting again, but that's unfeasible, so they'll simply have to complete extensions as we go forward.

Walking through Dublin airport I noticed an old building though a gap in the walkway adverts and peered through.

Their resplendent original terminal building (art deco style IIRC) is still in situ and used as offices. This was replaced in the 30s and was bigger than ours is now!!

If that's not an example of Westminster rule stymmying Welsh development, then I don't know what is.

I've flown out of Cork a couple of times. The city has a population of around 140k The airport is as modern as you can get .