+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think the manager's made the right changes...

I think the manager's made the right changes...

...although I might have brought Ward in as well. Probably doesn't want to make too many at once and really, really wants Zohore to get his act going

International

Re: I think the manager's made the right changes...

Zohore's act isn't too shabby so far. most shot in the league, most on target and what isn't mentioned is the goals he makes for other players. I think his contribution is far greater than just putting the ball in the net, and that will come...............hopefully this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...although I might have brought Ward in as well. Probably doesn't want to make too many at once and really, really wants Zohore to get his act going
    A bigger surprise is the fact Ward isn't even on the bench!

Also I'm not sure I rate Feeney above Damour unless NW has seen something I haven't from him

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post

Also I'm not sure I rate Feeney above Damour unless NW has seen something I haven't from him
    Ward picked up a knock hence isn't on the bench.

Feeney is a winger, Damour isn't... Feeney was in for Hoilett.

Ward must be injured. He would hardly not make the bench!

Ward either has to be injured or there's some off field matter which is keeping him absent - even if Warnock was saving him for Tuesday, I'm sure that wouldn't have stopped Ward being on the bench today..

Makes you wonder why Warnock bothered signing Tomlin, he clearly doesn't fit into his system

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ward either has to be injured or there's some off field matter which is keeping him absent - even if Warnock was saving him for Tuesday, I'm sure that wouldn't have stopped Ward being on the bench today..
    He's picked up an injury fellow top poster

I'll agree or disagree with you at about 4.55pm

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Makes you wonder why Warnock bothered signing Tomlin, he clearly doesn't fit into his system
    He'll loan him out to the prison team for the season.

I think Warnock had an idea involving Zohore and Tomlin, then Mendez-Laing and Hoilett as a 4-3-3 just clicked and suddenly Tomlin was a spare part at a wedding. Let's not forget that M-L was a League 1 player signed on a free, a hugely uninspiring signing for many, that wasn't expected to have made the impact he has. I dare say Warnock wasn't expecting him to have had the impact he has had.

Ward was missing with a virus according to Warnock after the game. Yesterday he was penciled in as a starter in place of Zohore.

Wonder how the Bogle did would be nice to see him becoming another surprise package.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    ...Feeney is a winger, Damour isn't... Feeney was in for Hoilett.
    Fair point. Although I didn't see a problem with Kennedy's performances so why this relatively weak winger was drafted in I do not know. Also I noticed a dramatic improvement when Hoilett came on.

I don't think it will happen but I'm hoping to see Damour return vs Leeds. He seemed to have some quality and workmanship about him

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    He's picked up an injury fellow top poster
    A better example of the Dunning–Kruger effect you will never find.

Fair point. Although I didn't see a problem with Kennedy's performances so why this relatively weak winger was drafted in I do not know. Also I noticed a dramatic improvement when Hoilett came on.

I don't think it will happen but I'm hoping to see Damour return vs Leeds. He seemed to have some quality and workmanship about him
    Damour instead of who exactly? He plays in Bryson position who was motm?!??

Clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think Warnock had an idea involving Zohore and Tomlin, then Mendez-Laing and Hoilett as a 4-3-3 just clicked and suddenly Tomlin was a spare part at a wedding. Let's not forget that M-L was a League 1 player signed on a free, a hugely uninspiring signing for many, that wasn't expected to have made the impact he has. I dare say Warnock wasn't expecting him to have had the impact he has had.
    Regardless of how well NML has done Liam ****ing Feeney, who is crap, is getting started in front of him because Warnock prefers wingers. On reflection it's a pointless signing as he's a 10 and Warnock does not play that way.

It’s a long old season. If we have any chance of going up it’ll be through squeezing every last drop from every player, including Tomlin

When ML and Hoiletts legs start going toward the end of the season I can see Tomlin starting more and more games

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s a long old season. If we have any chance of going up it’ll be through squeezing every last drop from every player, including Tomlin

When ML and Hoiletts legs start going toward the end of the season I can see Tomlin starting more and more games
    I don't. I see Feeney and Kadeem Harris as the alternative to those players, and Damour as the alternative to Bryson.

I don't. I see Feeney and Kadeem Harris as the alternative to those players, and Damour as the alternative to Bryson.
    In the early days of this season we rotated between a few different formations in league and cup before clicking with that front three. Later in the season we may need to rotate systems again and it may be Tomlin clicking to become a vitally important player.

Damour instead of who exactly? He plays in Bryson position who was motm?!??

Clueless
    You got me

I just don't like Feeney and would prefer to see more of Damour. However as you alluded to, we could only actually replace Feeney with Hoilett at present. Replacing Byson, Ralls or Gunnarson could not be justified at present.

You got me

I just don't like Feeney and would prefer to see more of Damour. However as you alluded to, we could only actually replace Feeney with Hoilett at present. Replacing Byson, Ralls or Gunnarson could not be justified at present.
    I'm not a fan of Feeney either tbh

Perhaps when Patterson is fit we can have him bombing down the right and play Tomlin inside right instead of Feeney

Bryson was a shoe in to play yesterday and will play on Tuesday because be cannot play against Derby next weekend.

I thin Bamba and Holiett will be back for Tuesday, with maybe other changes for Saturday. I know Bryson will be out so I expect Damour to come in for him, and maybe Ward and Feeney again in for Hoilett and ZOhore.

Blue in the Face

Warnock said in his interview that Big Ken was supposed to have been rested against Sunderland, but Ward got some illness. Up side was Bogle got some minutes and looked quite savvy I felt.

This is turning out to be a great season.