+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think the manager's made the right changes...

Re: I think the manager's made the right changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Warnock said in his interview that Big Ken was supposed to have been rested against Sunderland, but Ward got some illness. Up side was Bogle got some minutes and looked quite savvy I felt.

This is turning out to be a great season.
    Wether we get promotion or not I don't really care tbh, as I think the championship is a great league, but it will just be nice to have something to play for all season.

I think eventually we will drift from the autos and staying in the play off positions is a more realistic target.

The 2 seasons under Slade were boring mid table fayre and the end of last season once we were relatively safe it just petered out last few months.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wether we get promotion or not I don't really care tbh, as I think the championship is a great league, but it will just be nice to have something to play for all season.

I think eventually we will drift from the autos and staying in the play off positions is a more realistic target.

The 2 seasons under Slade were boring mid table fayre and the end of last season once we were relatively safe it just petered out last few months.
    We could drift but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't. Bryson has upped my hopes a bit. If we get ten more performances like that out of him he'll be our player of the season. He seems to make space for Ralls to up his game a bit too.

The key could be if one of Ken / Ward / Boyle can hit a hot streak. There's clearly a lack of confidence with Big Ken at the mo and you can see it with a delay in his speed of thought. But at least he's still becoming a really good hold up man.

Think it was smart to start Feeney. We need to conserve NML and Junior over the course of the season who are clearly better players, so in games where we have congested fixtures we can expect to see him. He's only on a six month loan so he'll be motivated to impress somebody. I have a hunch as to what Neil's plan might be for that position come January, but for now we have a player who at least knows the position and knows the division.

You're right, it isn't promotion or die like it used to be. But gunning to go up makes it all that much more exciting and it's easy to think we'll be in the hunt all year. Good times.

Blue in the Face

... couple of other points...

One thing I'm now hoping for is that Damour can be as effective deeper as that's where he's likely to be needed. I gather he played DM before he joined us. Bryson can play deeper too I suppose. I haven't written off Tomlin either. He's versatile so he's going to get chances. Your inside right idea could definitely work. Hopefully he could prove to be our trump card further into the season. I suspect he's probably the type to thrive off having to prove himself which he does now with four players ahead of him all doing great.

Also back to the point in the OP and the thread title. How great it is to have a manager who sees what us armchair managers see and doesn't need five games to make changes. Neil was definitely right to bring in Jazz. He did OK. Perhaps we could see the form we got from him at the tail end of last season if he were to get a run of games before Paterson is ready to challenge. Reckon Jazz is a better all round player than Peltier, though Peltier on his day is an excellent defender. Bit of competition at right back now.

I still suspect Damour has a very big part to play in our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    ... couple of other points...

One thing I'm now hoping for is that Damour can be as effective deeper as that's where he's likely to be needed. I gather he played DM before he joined us. Bryson can play deeper too I suppose. I haven't written off Tomlin either. He's versatile so he's going to get chances. Your inside right idea could definitely work. Hopefully he could prove to be our trump card further into the season. I suspect he's probably the type to thrive off having to prove himself which he does now with four players ahead of him all doing great.

Also back to the point in the OP and the thread title. How great it is to have a manager who sees what us armchair managers see and doesn't need five games to make changes. Neil was definitely right to bring in Jazz. He did OK. Perhaps we could see the form we got from him at the tail end of last season if he were to get a run of games before Paterson is ready to challenge. Reckon Jazz is a better all round player than Peltier, though Peltier on his day is an excellent defender. Bit of competition at right back now.
    This has been an excellent debate, worth the admission money and of what this Board was in its early days....maybe I should comment similarly following each team annoncement and see if it can continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    This has been an excellent debate, worth the admission money and of what this Board was in its early days....maybe I should comment similarly following each team annoncement and see if it can continue?
    Yes it's been one of your better threads. Better than your Cewnty ones.

Yes, very good thread Cowbridge Blue. More like this, without abuse, would be very much welcomed.