+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore off in January?

Zohore off in January?

Has this been posted before?

Kenneth Zohore: Cardiff City might sell striker in January, says Neil Warnock

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41324947

Re: Zohore off in January?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Yes. The report is from the 19th.

Zohore off now - for Bogle!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Unfortunately, unless he hits a purple patch between now and January his value will have plummeted

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Zohore off now - for Bogle!

Bogle showed some nice touches.

Big Ken needs to change agents because if they are under pressure to cash in on a move for him when he isn't ready they could wreck his career.

I think it came out about a day after the TITANIC sunk (well actually it was the the OLYMPIC that sunk, but that's another story)

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Unfortunately, unless he hits a purple patch between now and January his value will have plummeted
    Why does it matter if his value has plummetted ?. Unless you think we should sell him of course. As long as we keep winning it doesn't matter a fig what he's worth.

As ususal he did a lot of great work today, but when he seemed to be about to have a chance he was woeful. Looked so nervous.

Thought he was poor today. Didn't win a header and seemed to be outmuscled by their centre half. I'd rest him for Ward. He needs to get his head right. Just not giving enough at the minute

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thought he was poor today. Didn't win a header and seemed to be outmuscled by their centre half. I'd rest him for Ward. He needs to get his head right. Just not giving enough at the minute
    He's saving himself for Leeds.

I think his presence in thr ream is adding to our current run , he somtimes keeps two defenders occupied which has/Is provided space and opportunities for others to score .

Think he won the header leading up to Bryson’s goal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Anyone who didn't realise that should go off and get their eyes tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Good point 👍

He did seem tired - perhaps he needs a rest.

We're a weird bunch of supporters -one moment he's the best player in the world, the next he's crap...

Ken has hit a bit of a confidence crisis in front of goal but he still puts in a shift. He will come good again and we're lucky to have him in our squad. He might need a break to take the pressure off him for a while but we'll miss his presence up front when he's not there.

I look forward to him scoring his next goal and getting some confidence back!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    We're a weird bunch of supporters -one moment he's the best player in the world, the next he's crap...

Ken has hit a bit of a confidence crisis in front of goal but he still puts in a shift. He will come good again and we're lucky to have him in our squad. He might need a break to take the pressure off him for a while but we'll miss his presence up front when he's not there.

He's certainly not crap, but just seems a level below what he was showing a few weeks ago.

Hope it's just a blip and nothing to do with his agent turning his head.

He needs to go out on the lash wiv the lads

He's certainly not crap, but just seems a level below what he was showing a few weeks ago.

Hope it's just a blip and nothing to do with his agent turning his head.
    That's my worry.

Banned

The team are pressing further up the pitch this season and it is having an affect on KZ. Last season he was picking the ball up deeper and running at defences. He don't score many with his head so crosses into the box are not proving fruitful. He needs the ball to feet. I just don't see this different system working for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    The team are pressing further up the pitch this season and it is having an affect on KZ. Last season he was picking the ball up deeper and running at defences. He don't score many with his head so crosses into the box are not proving fruitful. He needs the ball to feet. I just don't see this different system working for him.
    Rarely do I agree with you, but you've got a good point here I think. However, I think this is also where Zohore is learning his trade. He's still young. Still very inexperienced. While you've a point in that we need to play to his strengths, he's also got to develop so he can adapt to other situations and not be a one trick pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

I can't say I've seen or heard anyone suggest he's crap. He most definitely isn't, he's a very talented player going through abit of a dry spell but his form will come back in time.

He's the best striker in the league on his day and that doesn't just mean goals scored, what he creates for the team is invaluable. He'll be back to his normal self very soon I hope.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Rarely do I agree with you, but you've got a good point here I think. However, I think this is also where Zohore is learning his trade. He's still young. Still very inexperienced. While you've a point in that we need to play to his strengths, he's also got to develop so he can adapt to other situations and not be a one trick pony.
    I could be wrong here but the way I see it is NW wants the team to get the ball as far up field as quick as we can and if we lose it we press the shit out of them. That just don't fit Kens game. I see what your saying about a one trick pony but the guy is young, fit and fast he don't want to be just waiting in the box for a cross that may or may not reach him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I can't say I've seen or heard anyone suggest he's crap. He most definitely isn't, he's a very talented player going through abit of a dry spell but his form will come back in time.

He's the best striker in the league on his day and that doesn't just mean goals scored, what he creates for the team is invaluable. He'll be back to his normal self very soon I hope.
    I've seen quite a few posts over the last few weeks saying we should have sold him and suggesting he's just had a purple patch and now been found out. Good to see more sensible heads responding here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I could be wrong here but the way I see it is NW wants the team to get the ball as far up field as quick as we can and if we lose it we press the shit out of them. That just don't fit Kens game. I see what your saying about a one trick pony but the guy is young, fit and fast he don't want to be just waiting in the box for a cross that may or may not reach him.
    Precisely, he's young, fit and fast. He needs to develop his game, not just be someone who picks up the ball from deep and can run with it. He needs to become better inside the box. His link up play can improve.