+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swansea Town

Swansea Town

Re: Swansea Town

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    As I said in another thread. How on earth did Tottenham allow the JB's to get a point at Wembley last week

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    As I said in another thread. How on earth did Tottenham allow the JB's to get a point at Wembley last week
    Just poor finishing by Spurs. Swansea Town let's face it are complete shiteBony

My jack buddy tells me they did have 2 more shots toward the goal 2nd half, that's 8 now this season.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My jack buddy tells me they did have 2 more shots toward the goal 2nd half, that's 8 now this season.....

The resident Jack multiple on this board must be in meltdown tonight.

And they're still not in the bottom 3!

I said a few times this season that they are playing the way Malky did in the premiership. Ten defenders hoping to sneak a goal from a corner or set piece.. Utter dogshite to watch

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I said a few times this season that they are playing the way Malky did in the premiership. Ten defenders hoping to sneak a goal from a corner or set piece.. Utter dogshite to watch
    They are not that good

They'll still stay up. Palace and West Ham are really really shit

I wasn't going to mention it, but I went to see them today. I have relatives down there and said I would join them for a game this season.

Game of two-halves really. Watford dominated the first and jack fans were actually booing Swansea because they kept passing the ball backwards or giving it away. Awful to watch.

Jacks better after the break and the winner was really against the run of play. Watford had lost Capoue at this stage mind.

Jacks looked much better when Abraham came on to me. Bony looked pedestrian and didn't pose any threat. Can barely jump and lost every ball in the air.

On todays showing it's going to be a long season for them. If there ever was a Swansea Way it's been binned.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I wasn't going to mention it, but I went to see them today. I have relatives down there and said I would join them for a game this season.

Game of two-halves really. Watford dominated the first and jack fans were actually booing Swansea because they kept passing the ball backwards or giving it away. Awful to watch.

Jacks better after the break and the winner was really against the run of play. Watford had lost Capoue at this stage mind.

Jacks looked much better when Abraham came on to me. Bony looked pedestrian and didn't pose any threat. Can barely jump and lost every ball in the air.

On todays showing it's going to be a long season for them. If there ever was a Swansea Way it's been binned.
    I think pc will be out of work soon.

That's exactly how Clement set them up last season. Then they had Llorente and Sigurdsson to provide moments of magic.

Eventually the lack of attacking threat will cost them. Palace (who everyone is beating) apart, they've rarely threatened in front of goal.

We managed an average of 11 shots per game in the Premier League. No doubt that figure increased when Solskjaer took over as manager. An average of 3.3 of those were on target.

Currently them down west are managing 6.7 shots a game, with 1.7 being on target. Whoscored.com's stats go back as far as 2009/10 and there has never been a team in the Premier League anywhere near as impotent up front as that. Only 2 sides before this season have managed an average of less than 10 shots a game.

If their aim is to defend and hope to pinch goals then they're relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    They'll still stay up. Palace and West Ham are really really shit
    Palace and especially WHU have more quality than Swansea. They are capable of turning it around with new management. Whoever manages Swansea next will have very little to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Laughable. Your board should be out of work. Year after year you sell your best players and replace them with a cheaper alternative but there's only so long that risky strategy will come good.

PC seems a good guy, hopefully his reputation won't be too damaged by Spews actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Me too but is it really his fault?

I'm writing about Sunderland's "culture of failure" in my blog piece about yesterday's game, I reckon Swansea are in serious danger of heading the same way. Avoiding the drop last year should have been a chance for a new start at that club, but, instead, they went for more of the same and all of the time are weakening themselves because their scouting system is losing, or hase lost, the knack of pulling rabbits like Angel Rangel and Michu out of the hat.

Fabianski, Fernandez, Mawson, clucas, fer, Abraham - if a championship team would only pick just over half of your starting 11 then your premier league side is in trouble.

Think the owners are looking to do the Burnley model of using premier league money to build off the pitch even if it means yo-yo'ing. Will Clement stay as dyche did? Should they want him to?

Are they really that bad. Unbeaten away from home. 5 points from 6 games which included Spurs and Man U. 4 clean sheets ?

Don't forget a couple of wins makes a huge difference in the prem.

Honestly I think Clement I should doing well considering the lack of support he gets from the boardroom.

I wonder if Bony was really his signing.

Also Bony and Sanchez haven't played much recently and may take some time to settle in.

Far too early to be calling for Clement's head in my, frankly irrelevant, opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    They are not that good
    Don't dis my my team Jeeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Are they really that bad. Unbeaten away from home. 5 points from 6 games which included Spurs and Man U. 4 clean sheets ?
    When we were in the PL we had 8 points from our first 6 games, which included matches against Everton, Tottenham and Man City, scoring twice as many as Swansea has this season over the same timescale.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When we were in the PL we had 8 points from our first 6 games, which included matches against Everton, Tottenham and Man City, scoring twice as many as Swansea has this season over the same timescale.
    Nice, but we were pretty crap for the rest of the season.
    Early days yet.

Next 3 games away to Wet spam, then home to Huddersfield and then Leicester.

They could have 12 from 9 soon.

Might be time to worry if they've only got 6 or 7 after that

Watford could/should have been three up by the time Swansea improved

I wish we could have 7 years in the Premiership rather than than one in 50 years? I think we should be putting all our
    efforts in joining them rather than wishing them relegation every season. Let's wish for a local derby in the Premiership next season and then prove whose Wales No 1?