+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield 'steel city' derby

Sheffield 'steel city' derby

Should be a tasty game today unlike the Scottish Pub League game yesterday

Re: Sheffield 'steel city' derby

Played in front of 50,000 people.
    Which seems to debunk your bollocks theory about a pub league eh?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    There's loads of dozy people who watch Mrs. Browns Boys but I struggle with calling it comedy.

The old firm game will stop losing its significance if Rangers don't start competing with Celtic soon. The gap in quality was evident yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    There's loads of dozy people who watch Mrs. Browns Boys but I struggle with calling it comedy.

The old firm game will stop losing its significance if Rangers don't start competing with Celtic soon. The gap in quality was evident yesterday.
    Football is all to do with money, unless Rangers get a very rich benefactor or Brenda leaves and Celtic employ a very shit manager
    I doubt Rangers will be competing with Celtic anytime soon. The European money alone leaves Rangers miles behind.
    I may be a wee bit different from the masses but I didn't really enjoy the football when Rangers were miles ahead of Celtic .
    Do many Celtic supporters feel that way at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Football is all to do with money, unless Rangers get a very rich benefactor or Brenda leaves and Celtic employ a very shit manager
    I doubt Rangers will be competing with Celtic anytime soon. The European money alone leaves Rangers miles behind.
    I may be a wee bit different from the masses but I didn't really enjoy the football when Rangers were miles ahead of Celtic .
    Do many Celtic supporters feel that way at the moment?
    I thought most Celtic supporters think that Rangers were liquidated and the current manifestation should be named Sevco?

You're right about everything else mind. I remember the Scottish league being competitive with 5 clubs all having decent teams. It'll never get back to that which is a shame for Scottish football.

Back on topic, the steel City Derby should be excellent today with a resurgent United playing a very decent Wednesday with a 5? year gap since the last one.

Happy to have an early lunch so as I can be back to see most of this one, or st least sleep in front on it.

Is it definitely on TV ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Back on topic, the steel City Derby should be excellent today with a resurgent United playing a very decent Wednesday with a 5? year gap since the last one.

Happy to have an early lunch so as I can be back to see most of this one, or st least sleep in front on it.

Is it definitely on TV ?
    Sky Sports Football channel according to the Fotmob app.

As you say, will be a corker and I have friends and customers on both sides of it so a draw might suit everyone (including us!)

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    There so far gone they'd turn out to watch the groundsman mow he pitch up there

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Sky Sports Football channel according to the Fotmob app.

As you say, will be a corker and I have friends and customers on both sides of it so a draw might suit everyone (including us!)
    Cheers Mike.

I think I'm siding with the Blades on this one, but yes a draw would probably be the best result for us.
    On which subject there were loads of draws in the Championship yesterday. Good news for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Cheers Mike.

I think I'm siding with the Blades on this one, but yes a draw would probably be the best result for us.
    On which subject there were loads of draws in the Championship yesterday. Good news for us.
    Wednesday for me, never really liked utd (quinn etc) though the 3-4 result was a good day out. 1-1

The lad Brooks is starting for Sheff Utd today. I seen this lad put in a superb display for Wales U21's in their recent 3 - 0 win over Switzerland. He is dual qualified and played for England in their recent Toulon tournament in the summer. However, Page has enticed his back and he has real potential to be a star of the future for Wales. Similar to the Woodburn situation and the same as Ampadu, I would like to see this lad get a full cap sooner rather than later. Will be a good test for him today to see how he copes with a game of this magnitude.

2-0 United, happy for them.

Brooks looks a good lad

Wednesday have been awful thus far

Not much of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not much of a game.
    Is now, 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Is now, 1-2
    The beauty of football. Wednesday have been battered for 45 minutes, losing 2-1 yet they go in at the break the happier team.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The beauty of football. Wednesday have been battered for 45 minutes, losing 2-1 yet they go in at the break the happier team.
    To pull back losses from yesterday, just had a couple of quid on Wednesday to win at 7/1. 2-2

2-2

United miss a great chance to make it 3-1 and get punished a couple of minutes later.

Draw best result for us

3-2 United what a ****ing goal

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    To pull back losses from yesterday, just had a couple of quid on Wednesday to win at 7/1. 2-2
    2-3 Great goal from United. Heck of a game this.

2-2

United miss a great chance to make it 3-1 and get punished a couple of minutes later.

Draw best result for us
    2 - 3. What a game.

They might need a screwdriver to untwist the Wednesday defender

They might need a screwdriver to untwist the Wednesday defender
    Westwood has to do better there.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    2 - 3. What a game.
    Yep great game

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    2 - 3. What a game.
    If you're not doing anything at the moment, put the last 20 minutes of this on.