+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fast start

Fast start

On the way up yesterday we talked about one small weakness this season being a slow start, at all games even Villa we've started slowly, apart from maybe Sheff Utd. Going behind in the last 3 too.

Yesterday for the first maybe 25-30 minutes we were dominant and could have been 3 up at half time.
    It was just what we needed against a team short of confidence, although they had their best spell for 20 minutes either side of half time.

Still a fair few unanswered questions about our side and I'm hoping Tuesday we'll see some good answers

Re: Fast start

Well I hope we don't afford them the same level of respect as we did Wednesday. 1st half we gave them way too much respect. We only started having a go after going a goal down.

We were arguably at our best this season at home to Villa where we showed them zero respect, same as yesterday against Sunderland.

At home in particular we should be putting it on the opposition from the first whistle and let them worry about us.

We were even slower out of the blocks against QPR, but, unlike against Wednesday, we got well on top eventually and were worth more than a one goal win by the end.

One other thing, our fairly comfortable win over Sheffield United which was treated as quite routine at the time, is looking better by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were even slower out of the blocks against QPR, but, unlike against Wednesday, we got well on top eventually and were worth more than a one goal win by the end.

One other thing, our fairly comfortable win over Sheffield United which was treated as quite routine at the time, is looking better by the week.
    Didnt make the Sheff U game but on today's evidence they look like they have got all the ingredients to be a team challenging to get promoted.
    A big, strong side, full of running, they really get stuck in but theyve also got a few players who can play a bit. They were very quick on the break too.
    Not too disimilair to us I thought.

Their manager sounds very old school, doesn't care for reputations or fancy dans, again not too disimilair to Warnock.

Wednesday have been one of the better teams in the division for the last few years but United completely bossed them apart from the period between Weds 2 goals.

It's about time Cardiff actually went out to play their own game than react to the opposition. Being a whipper-snapper, I can't recall the last time the Bluebirds did this, but I doubt many of you can either.

Dirty Leeds will be tough though. We could really do with doing them at least 2-0 for the goal difference.

The goal difference will really mean something at the end of the season in terms of the automatics.