+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Leeds fans are saying

What Leeds fans are saying

Re: What Leeds fans are saying

Apart from the historical bollox they don't seem as bullish as I thought they would be.By the way Gringo these threads are great.

Whiteswan (Jack perhaps?) quote "...it will be a hostile environment I think....their fans hate us"

Well he's got that right. What he has also got right is that the FA Cup game was the start of their downfall.

They are worried about this one, as are we, but in a good way
    Really looking forward to tomorrow and whatever the result, it could well be a night to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Apart from the historical bollox they don't seem as bullish as I thought they would be.By the way Gringo these threads are great.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Sounds like they are weak down the left. Keep feeding Mendez-Laing. If Jansson doesn't play, that would be another big boost.

Looking at their results, Leeds have struggled more against sides with a bit of bite and an edge.

It is gratifying to see that Chris is not representative of Leeds fans, most of whom on that thread seem a fairly sensible bunch making some fair points.
    Cant wait for this game.

I don't actually mind Leeds. Met a few of their (proper) fans over the years and they're alright.
    Always loud when they come and by and large we've got a great record against them.
    What's not to like? 😃

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I don't actually mind Leeds. Met a few of their (proper) fans over the years and they're alright.
    Always loud when they come and by and large we've got a great record against them.
    What's not to like? ��
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    What's not to like? ��
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Chris

Always thought it was chris ?

It is gratifying to see that Chris is not representative of Leeds fans, most of whom on that thread seem a fairly sensible bunch making some fair points.
    Cant wait for this game.
    I think that board is one of the quieter ones. I'm sure the comments on there are not reflected on waccoe

Janssen is a big player for them. He was injured last season when they were riding high and we beat them. If still unfit, Leeds will struggle against us defensively.

I have no idea how good they are

The names that are popping up scoring for them, I've never heard of nearly all of them

Cant wait for this game.
    I have a few Leeds fans as mates and they're all good guys. But they can't talk about football without relating it to Leeds constantly which is pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I have a few Leeds fans as mates and they're all good guys. But they can't talk about football without relating it to Leeds constantly which is pretty annoying.
    Try living in Leeds...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Try living in Leeds...
    Just trying to think of how much compensation I'd need. It's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just trying to think of how much compensation I'd need. It's a lot.
    Last season's implosion was worth it though, they really believed it was their year.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Whiteswan (Jack perhaps?) quote "...it will be a hostile environment I think....their fans hate us"

Well he's got that right. What he has also got right is that the FA Cup game was the start of their downfall.

They are worried about this one, as are we, but in a good way
    Really looking forward to tomorrow and whatever the result, it could well be a night to remember.
    I have to disagree with the bit about hating Leeds. They are irrelevant and don't even register.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I have to disagree with the bit about hating Leeds. They are irrelevant and don't even register.
    They dislike us far more than we dislike them.

Sounds like they are weak down the left. Keep feeding Mendez-Laing. If Jansson doesn't play, that would be another big boost.

Looking at their results, Leeds have struggled more against sides with a bit of bite and an edge.
    Watching the highlights of their games, I've noticed they seem piss poor dealing with crosses into the box from both sides lately.

Probably to do with Jannsen being out.

Think if we test them with balls into the box they'll struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I used to work with a few Leeds fans - they all hate us, and seem to hate us with vengeance, mainly thanks to Ridsdale, the FA cup knock out and that we seem to have a good record against them. The fact I had no dislike of them - wound them up even more.
    Nonsense. Most people are not filled with 'hate' for other clubs regarding and fans of other clubs. It's a ridiculous stereotype.

P.S. I work with several Leeds fans and will be bringing one to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Watching the highlights of their games, I've noticed they seem piss poor dealing with crosses into the box from both sides lately.

Probably to do with Jannsen being out.

Think if we test them with balls into the box they'll struggle.
    Jannsen will be back tomorrow.

They dislike us far more than we dislike them.
    They love to be hated (or even just disliked). It's part of their culture - like Millwall.

I'm happy to carry on disliking Leeds a lot (don't really hate any club) - partly because of the Leeds-Cardiff history and partly because I live in Sheffield and one condition of getting the South Yorkshire visa was that I had to resent Leeds for life!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Jannsen will be back tomorrow.
    Exactly, he was missing when we won 2-0 at their place in February - he makes a big difference for them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly, he was missing when we won 2-0 at their place in February - he makes a big difference for them.
    He's not 100%, he has a thigh injury. He's a big player for them, so I'd target him early and try and turn their back 4 and make him sprint. Without Jansson, they're not all that at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    We all 'ate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds,
    Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds,
    Leeds and Leeds and Leeds,
    We all fookin 'ate Leeeeds