+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goalkeeper to the "BACK of the NET", without touching the ground ! Can anyone remember :-----

Goalkeeper to the "BACK of the NET", without touching the ground ! Can anyone remember :-----

Can anyone remember another goal like this, with three outfield players involved. ?

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...nd-1-2-cardiff

If this is classed as "long ball", bring it on

Re: Goalkeeper to the "BACK of the NET", without touching the ground ! Can anyone remember :-----

A great goal.

Re: Goalkeeper to the "BACK of the NET", without touching the ground ! Can anyone remember :-----

I agree, a terrific goal. Our best of the season so far.

Feedback

we are such long ball merchants

Blue in the Face

Etheridge deserves kudos for his kicking. Been waiting for a few games to play out before passing judgement but his kicking is excellent, especially under pressure. Ambidextrous too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    but his kicking is excellent, especially under pressure.
    Yes, it was at Preston. There have been a few other occasions where his clearances could have cost us too, mainly when he rushes out of his goal.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, it was at Preston. There have been a few other occasions where his clearances could have cost us too, mainly when he rushes out of his goal.
    He has flapped a few times under pressure. Looks like nerves to me as this seemed to coincide with some dodgy handling. I just wonder if the more this guy plays the better he'll get as he relaxed into the role. Jury still out for me.

In about 1968 Cardiff v Millwall on a frozen Ninian Park pitch.

Brian King the Millwall keeper miss hits a goal kick and Brian Clark heads it straight back
    past him to score.

In answer to the OP.

hahaha the keeper miss kicking and we score