+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Cardiff defender Sol Bamba is set to return against his former side on Tuesday after being rested on Saturday.

Bluebirds full-back Lee Peltier should be fit despite a knock, while winger Junior Hoilett is likely to start.

Leeds defender Pontus Jansson could return to the XI after missing the win over Ipswich with a muscle injury.

Striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga returned to Germany on Saturday after the birth of his daughter but came back to training on Monday and will play.

Match facts

• Cardiff have lost their last two home league games against Leeds - more than they had lost in their previous 22 home games against the Whites (1).
    • Since he left his job as Leeds boss in April 2013, Neil Warnock has won all three league meetings against his former side, including a 2-0 win at Elland Road last season with Cardiff.
    • Warnock's last two home Championship defeats on a Tuesday came as Leeds boss - he lost 7-3 to Nottingham Forest in March 2012 and 3-2 to Hull in September 2012, but has not lost any since (W6 D3).
    • None of Leeds' last 48 away matches in all competitions have ended goalless - should there be a goal in this game, it would equal their second longest run without an away 0-0 in their history (49 games between November 2007 and August 2009).
    • The Whites have won six of their first nine league games of a season in the top two tiers of English football for the first time since 1999/2000 in the Premier League (also won six).

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

I hope we fcking smash 'em. Bunch of tossers

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I hope we fcking smash 'em. Bunch of tossers
    Now, now be nice. They are Europes top team after all

Look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes - not around the eyes, into my eyes. 3,2,1 - you're under. ZOHORE WILL SCORE TONIGHT. 3,2,1 you're back in the room. Sorted.

Go on big Ken!!!!!

Can't make the game so sky it is

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Can't make the game so sky it is
    Unlucky I’ll be there, I bet you Sky make some comment saying how the crowd is boosted by the mighty Leeds, we are there because we hate them,we haven’t come to see them play we’ve come to see them get hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Unlucky I’ll be there, I bet you Sky make some comment saying how the crowd is boosted by the mighty Leeds, we are there because we hate them,we haven’t come to see them play we’ve come to see them get hammered
    Yep gutted.

I'll listen out for it.

It makes you wonder how good it would be if we got promoted filling the ground out with the new stand

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Yep gutted.

I'll listen out for it.

It makes you wonder how good it would be if we got promoted filling the ground out with the new stand
    Wales do play there, so it'd be like that and therefore brilliant.

Have seen no mention whatsoever of the fact that Gunners trudged off near the end of our game on Saturday holding his groin. Precautionary, it may have been, but the fact that Gunners initiated the substitution, and looked none to pleased is a concern. This man mountain has the ability to play through most knocks, but with just 3 days gone since our last game, his fitness for tonight's game has to be a concern.

Don't want to kybosh it, but if we win tonight we could be top having already beaten the teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

That would give the Wolufs something to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Don't want to kybosh it, but if we win tonight we could be top having already beaten the teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

That would give the Wolufs something to chew on.

I'm going for 3-1 City

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wales do play there, so it'd be like that and therefore brilliant.
    Itd be better I think cardiff fans are louder

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff defender Sol Bamba is set to return against his former side on Tuesday after being rested on Saturday.

Bluebirds full-back Lee Peltier should be fit despite a knock, while winger Junior Hoilett is likely to start.

Leeds defender Pontus Jansson could return to the XI after missing the win over Ipswich with a muscle injury.

Striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga returned to Germany on Saturday after the birth of his daughter but came back to training on Monday and will play.

Match facts

• Cardiff have lost their last two home league games against Leeds - more than they had lost in their previous 22 home games against the Whites (1).
    • Since he left his job as Leeds boss in April 2013, Neil Warnock has won all three league meetings against his former side, including a 2-0 win at Elland Road last season with Cardiff.
    • Warnock's last two home Championship defeats on a Tuesday came as Leeds boss - he lost 7-3 to Nottingham Forest in March 2012 and 3-2 to Hull in September 2012, but has not lost any since (W6 D3).
    • None of Leeds' last 48 away matches in all competitions have ended goalless - should there be a goal in this game, it would equal their second longest run without an away 0-0 in their history (49 games between November 2007 and August 2009).
    • The Whites have won six of their first nine league games of a season in the top two tiers of English football for the first time since 1999/2000 in the Premier League (also won six).
    No Gunnars or Ralls

Some big changes, Gunnar, Ralls, JAZZ out. Bamba, Pelts, Darmour in.
    a
    Assume Bamba midfield

Junior in for Feeney as well

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Some big changes, Gunnar, Ralls, JAZZ out. Bamba, Pelts, Darmour in.
    a
    Assume Bamba midfield
    Wales Online saying Gunnar playing!

Although they have only named 10 starting players so not a reliable source.

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Peltier, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Bryson, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Zohore.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...nited-13676552

Odd selection

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/st...35263822147585

Still looks a strong midfield. weaker bench though

Is this the right line up?

Starting XI: Etheridge, Bennett, Bamba, Morrison, Manga, Peltier, Damour, Bryson, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore.

Substitutes: Murphy, Tomlin, Ward, Feeney, Halford, Connolly, Bogle.

Leeds start with Saiz and Lassoga on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Odd selection
    Midfield looks a bit light. Assume Gunnars injured but Ralls out as well is a big change.

We look set set up to defend not attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Midfield looks a bit light. Assume Gunnars injured but Ralls out as well is a big change.

We look set set up to defend not attack...
    Ralls, Gunnarsson and Richards all have knocks according to the club on facebook.

Still like the look of the team though. Steel with Bamba and Damour, engine with Bryson.

In Warlock we trust.

Both Ralls and Gunnar have knocks. Really worried about the mf. Assume Bamba will sit in front of back 4 in a 4141 formation
    Ken will be doing a lot of running tonite.

Odd selection

Ralls gunnarsson and Richards all picked up knocks apparently

First game I've missed in a year as I'm working away. I'm a bit worried about our midfield though, not much creativity there. And Tonkin still can't get a start?