+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sol 'Patrick Vieira' Bamba

Heisenberg

Sol 'Patrick Vieira' Bamba

Hyperbole? Maybe... But I thought he looked just like Vieira in his pomp tonight. Strong in the tackle, great through-balls, carrying the ball past players with confidence. Completely dominated his space whenever the ball came near him.

10/10 performance.

Re: Sol 'Patrick Vieira' Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hyperbole? Maybe... But I thought he looked just like Vieira in his pomp tonight. Strong in the tackle, great through-balls, carrying the ball past players with confidence. Completely dominated his space whenever the ball came near him.

10/10 performance.
    Yes. Don't think he would want to do this regularly, mind!

Immense

Great touch for a big man too.

10/10 performance.
    Some Leeds fans thought so too - whilst blaming the ref!

http://www.squawka.com/news/leeds-kn...7hcqAXJ3ojZ.97

10/10 performance.
    Completely surprised how accomplished he looked in that role. Not just sitting in front of the back four, but 'box-to-box' as they say. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play there again..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some Leeds fans thought so too - whilst blaming the ref!

http://www.squawka.com/news/leeds-kn...7hcqAXJ3ojZ.97
    I thought the red was decent, but no idea why we had a goal disallowed (wrong end for me) and I thought we had a stonewall pelanty for handball that wasn’t given

He's given our Neil something else to.think about, attacking midfielder role.
    Sol was awesome tonight

when was the last time we had a box to box player in the middle of the park ? ? ?

great game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    when was the last time we had a box to box player in the middle of the park ? ? ?

great game tonight
    Kavanagh?

International

'Penalty' was ball to hand, the player had already turned away. i'd have loved a pen but it would have been harsh on the player.

Did I hear Ronaldo Viera came on for them? Great name.

Great game.

Thought he could have avoided dropping so deep at times though

Blue in the Face

10/10 performance.
    Had the same Viera thought tonight. Agree 10/10. Even pulled off (or came close to pulling off) some audacious through balls.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Did I hear Ronaldo Viera came on for them? Great name.
    Yeah, there's a lot of hype around him. Did very well at the Toulon tournement for England. Didn't see too much of him tonight, but he seems a good battler.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    'Penalty' was ball to hand, the player had already turned away. i'd have loved a pen but it would have been harsh on the player.
    I’d need to see it again to be sure, but from where I was sitting he looked to have his arm stretched out, seen em given

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Great game.

Are you talking about Bamba ?. He was playing a deep screening role in front of our back four, so why would you expect him to push further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Great game.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Are you talking about Bamba ?. He was playing a deep screening role in front of our back four, so why would you expect him to push further forward.
    He (Bamba), had an exchange of words with "OUR NEIL", whilst the game was on, as Bamba wanted to push forward, but "OUR NEIL", was telling him to stay further back.

all nice and friendly like, but Sol WANTED to go forward more.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's a strange rule the deliberate one. If you turn your back on the ball in the box and in doing so place your outstretched arm in the way of a cross, as you have no idea where the ball is, I think you should probably be penalised. For not taking adequate care to prevent handball. When do players deliberately handle in the area unless the ball is going in? I think there should be a judgement on whether the players action contributed to it, as I don't see it really different to having your arm in an unnatural position which gets penalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It's a strange rule the deliberate one. If you turn your back on the ball in the box and in doing so place your outstretched arm in the way of a cross, as you have no idea where the ball is, I think you should probably be penalised. For not taking adequate care to prevent handball. When do players deliberately handle in the area unless the ball is going in? I think there should be a judgement on whether the players action contributed to it, as I don't see it really different to having your arm in an unnatural position which gets penalised.
    It would have been a harsh penalty if given, based only on usual referee practice when a player turns his back. However he was looking at the ball right up to the last minute and then turned his back and put his right arm out to make a bigger barrier to the cross that was coming over. I don't see why that shouldn't be a penalty (sorry, pelanty).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Kavanagh?
    I think you are right

Heisenberg

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It would have been a harsh penalty if given, based only on usual referee practice when a player turns his back. However he was looking at the ball right up to the last minute and then turned his back and put his right arm out to make a bigger barrier to the cross that was coming over. I don't see why that shouldn't be a penalty (sorry, pelanty).
    I agree with what you say but the ball crossed his body from left to right. i think it may have been his left arm it hit. But in any case the right arm was moving away from the path of the ball all the time as he was turning from left to right.