+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bryson

Bryson

He won't get the plaudits he deserves, but what a trier! The man was everywhere, jumping for every header, closing every Leeds player down. I can't remember an engine like his in our midfield for a long time!

I'm watching the game back now at home, and it's his challenge for a header that he never should win that rebounds back off him into hoiletts path for the second goal. We'll miss his energy against Derby, hopefully Ralls will be back in the side.

Re: Bryson

Some nice touches and passing to calm things down and see out the game too.

Agreed thought he was brilliant tonight and done a lot of dirty work that will go unnoticed such a clever player

Thought he looked leggy towards the end and could have put his foot on the ball a lot more.

Thought he did brill but was hoping he’d come off on the 70th

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thought he looked leggy towards the end and could have put his foot on the ball a lot more.

Thought he did brill but was hoping he’d come off on the 70th
    Fully agree with this.
    Did very well but we needed fresh legs in the last 20 minutes.
    Leeds (particularly their right back) were running 40 yards or more through midfield with no challenges.
    Thankfully, their final balls was regularly rubbish.

Good bit of business picking him up, who would have started last night if we didn't have him, with Gunnar and ralls out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Good bit of business picking him up, who would have started last night if we didn't have him, with Gunnar and ralls out?
    Halford

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Halford

Leeds would have danced round Halford like Fulham did in the FA cup

Halford. *Shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Leeds would have danced round Halford like Fulham did in the FA cup
    I think I would have still brought him on with 15-20 to go as we were shagged in the middle. Definitely need some fresh legs in there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Halford
    Lol, another wind up! You only have to listen to Warnock's post match interview to know what our gaffer thinks of Bryson. I hadn't noticed the run he made for our third goal until he mentioned it. Bryson's energy has been just what we've needed for ages, he's been a breathe of fresh air since he arrived at our club and i've no doubt will go on to be an asset for the remainder of the season. He will be a big miss Saturday and you'll no doubt miss him when he's absent!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Fully agree with this.
    Did very well but we needed fresh legs in the last 20 minutes.
    Leeds (particularly their right back) were running 40 yards or more through midfield with no challenges.
    Thankfully, their final balls was regularly rubbish.
    Have to agree with both here. Not meant as a critiscm as Bryson is still getting up to 100%, Damour hasnt played 90 for a while and Sol was asked to play a different role last night but we were clearly in need of fresh legs last 25.

We put so much into the game closing down and whilst theres a strong argument to say posession counts for **** all when you play like we did last night its obviously draining playing with that much intensity when you dont have the ball.

Also, the way play and the way Leeds play the extra man doesnt make that much difference from a fitness point of view as Leeds had ample opportunity to get the ball back and in fairness knock it about well. Apart from that 2 minutes of ole's around the 80 mark we didnt really knock it about making Leeds tire.

Ledley. Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Lol, another wind up! You only have to listen to Warnock's post match interview to know what our gaffer thinks of Bryson. I hadn't noticed the run he made for our third goal until he mentioned it. Bryson's energy has been just what we've needed for ages, he's been a breathe of fresh air since he arrived at our club and i've no doubt will go on to be an asset for the remainder of the season. He will be a big miss Saturday and you'll no doubt miss him when he's absent!
    Wind up?

Im just saying hes the only option we would have had last night in midfield if we hadnt signed Bryson.

Not saying its a good option, just the only option as I dont think Warnock trusts Tomlin in a midfield role.

I’m beginning to wonder if Warnock trusts Tomlin anywhere tbh.
    He’s 3rd choice striker at the moment and even further down the pecking order in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    He’s 3rd choice striker at the moment and even further down the pecking order in midfield.
    Yeah I agree. Thought he would be a regular starter tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think he expected to play 3-4-3, with Tomlin supporting Zohore and one of the wingers wide. We tried that at Burton, and it was OK but NML changed the game when he came on, Damour has been great and now Bryson can play the role too. I don't expect to see him very often unless we're a goal down etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He won't get the plaudits he deserves, but what a trier! The man was everywhere, jumping for every header, closing every Leeds player down. I can't remember an engine like his in our midfield for a long time!

I'm watching the game back now at home, and it's his challenge for a header that he never should win that rebounds back off him into hoiletts path for the second goal. We'll miss his energy against Derby, hopefully Ralls will be back in the side.

what an engine
    you can certainly see why Warnock rates him so highly
    as others have pointed out he was everywhere broke down play done the unseen work
    what I have seen of him for us I'm very happy with

I expect to see Tomlin when we play more defensive teams