+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In 10 games City have already played 5 (and beaten 4) of the next 7 behind them...

In 10 games City have already played 5 (and beaten 4) of the next 7 behind them...

Re: In 10 games City have already played 5 (and beaten 4) of the next 7 behind them...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Compared to Leeds who have beaten 4 of the bottom 6 and only beaten Ipswich in the top half

Re: In 10 games City have already played 5 (and beaten 4) of the next 7 behind them...

23 points from 10 games. At 2.3 points per game we will end up on 105/106 points after 46 games.

OK, its unlikely we will keep that kind of points ratio up but even if it does tail off and we drop out of the autos picture its going to have to take a dramatic drop in ratio for us to fall out of the play-offs you feel.

But we can't pass the ball !

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    23 points from 10 games. At 2.3 points per game we will end up on 105/106 points after 46 games.

OK, its unlikely we will keep that kind of points ratio up but even if it does tail off and we drop out of the autos picture its going to have to take a dramatic drop in ratio for us to fall out of the play-offs you feel.
    1.5 points per game from here on in will almost certainly be enough for the playoffs.
    1.8 for automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    1.5 points per game from here on in will almost certainly be enough for the playoffs.
    1.8 for automatic
    On average last 7 years (couldnt be arsed to go back any further) 75 points will see you in the play offs. Weve already got 23 so 52 points to get in 36 games. Even if we done a Slade with 12 wins, 12 draws and 12 losses that would equate to 48 points, 71 total and you have to fancy Warnock to improve on that. His record thus far suggest he will smash that.

On average last 7 years (couldnt be arsed to go back any further) 75 points will see you in the play offs. Weve already got 23 so 52 points to get in 36 games. Even if we done a Slade with 12 wins, 12 draws and 12 losses that would equate to 48 points, 71 total and you have to fancy Warnock to improve on that. His record thus far suggest he will smash that.
    Not sure what that adds to my post really

1.8 for automatic
    Based on the last 10 seasons (averages/bit of interpretation here)
    50points see us clear of relegation
    75-80 points for play offs
    81-88 auto promotion second (yes there are exceptions when seasons produced teams that dominated the league)
    89 + good enough for champions (Newcastle 09/10 = 102 pts, Leicester 13/14 102 pts).
    So, after 10 played, well on track. Let's see where we are on Boxing Day. Bring on Derby.

Not sure what that adds to my post really
    No more, no less than your post added to my original post, I think we are both saying the same thing.

My point is even Russell Slade would be in a good position from here with his par for the course win 1, lose 1, draw 1, so with Warnock, who is clearly an improvement on Slade, I would now expect us to at least make the play-offs.

No more, no less than your post added to my original post, I think we are both saying the same thing.

My point is even Russell Slade would be in a good position from here with his par for the course win 1, lose 1, draw 1, so with Warnock, who is clearly an improvement on Slade, I would now expect us to at least make the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Based on the last 10 seasons (averages/bit of interpretation here)
    50points see us clear of relegation
    75-80 points for play offs
    81-88 auto promotion second (yes there are exceptions when seasons produced teams that dominated the league)
    89 + good enough for champions (Newcastle 09/10 = 102 pts, Leicester 13/14 102 pts).
    So, after 10 played, well on track. Let's see where we are on Boxing Day. Bring on Derby.
    There are three more ways of saying it. Can YOU find them?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    If Leeds play like that in every game - they will be up there - same goes for us. So far the best team Ive seen play at the 'fortress'
    Not sure if you're taking the mick or not, but for me they were the 3rd best team from Yorkshire I've seen us play at home this season.