+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "all you have to do is kick and man-handle the Leeds players".

"all you have to do is kick and man-handle the Leeds players".

https://throughitalltogether.sbnatio...-hoilett-roofe

So another team becomes a victim of Warnock's cloggers - strange it was our players who were "mercilessly fouled until the other team has a player sent off".

On a serious point, how would that game have been refereed if it was being played at Elland Road? While we were physical, I cannot remember us committing any really bad fouls (we didn't have a player booked), but I think with a home crowd howling at him to start getting his cards out, the ref may react differently to how Kevin Friend did last night.

Re: "all you have to do is kick and man-handle the Leeds players".

"......and then shoulder-barging a Cardiff player for his second yellow"

lucky for him then the ref didn`t see the knee high scissor challenge.

Ok, I know I have blue tinted spectacles but I thought Leeds were pretty dirty at times. Were we physical? Well yes probably, but Leeds also seemed to go down easier than a Barry girl on a hen night in Cardiff

Not usually a fan of Friend but thought he reffereed it superbly last night.

Wasnt falling for their nonsense. I liked how he called the captain over to have a word with their right winger who was throwing himself to the floor, then bleating to the officials.

No fuss, no nonsense refereeing without feeling the need to throw cards about left, right and centre.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    but Leeds also seemed to go down easier than a Barry girl on a hen night in Cardiff
    Like it

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Wasnt falling for their nonsense. I liked how he called the captain over to have a word with their right winger who was throwing himself to the floor, then bleating to the officials.

No fuss, no nonsense refereeing without feeling the need to throw cards about left, right and centre.
    Absolutely agree, one of the best refereeing performances we've seen in a long while. I thought he was fair throughout.

Judging by the language this looks an American site. One can only wonder what a spectacular Wolves vs Leeds will dish up for the football purists when they get together. No fouls, the ball never losing contact with the grass and both teams with over 70% possession!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

No, you must have it wrong, the ref was a Cardiff fan last night.

I agree with you though, I groaned when I found out it was Friend but I thought he got every big call right and sorted out that diving prick Alioski.

I haven't seen the replays but I certainly thought the first tackle was a straight red