+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Etheridge

Neil Etheridge

Clearly being lined up as the next Cardiff City scapegoat, especially after his blooper against Preston, but I really think this guy has made the number 1 shirt his own and when fit Camp is going to have to fight to get the shirt off him.

Pulled off a great save at 2-0 from their full back. Its the mark of a good keeper when he has little to do for a large spell and is suddenly called into action and is alert to the danger.

I think he deserves far more credit than he gets. If he was perfect he wouldnt be playing in the Championship so why dont people give him credit for the things he does well, instead of concentrating more the few occasions hes been a bit wayward

Re: Neil Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Clearly being lined up as the next Cardiff City scapegoat, especially after his blooper against Preston, but I really think this guy has made the number 1 shirt his own and when fit Camp is going to fight to get the shirt off him.

Pulled off a great save at 2-0 from their full back, the mark of a good keeper who has little to do for a large spell and is suddenly called into action and is alert to the danger.

I think he deserves far more credit than he gets. If he was perfect he wouldnt be playing in the Championship so why dont people give him credit for the things he does well, instead of concentrating more the few occasions hes been a bit wayward
    Not sure I've seen anyone slagging him off tbh. But you're absolutely right, apart from that howler against Preston, I thinks he's been very solid and yes, I think Camp is going to spend most of the season sat on the bench.

Clearly being lined up as the next Cardiff City scapegoat, especially after his blooper against Preston, but I really think this guy has made the number 1 shirt his own and when fit Camp is going to have to fight to get the shirt off him.

Pulled off a great save at 2-0 from their full back. Its the mark of a good keeper when he has little to do for a large spell and is suddenly called into action and is alert to the danger.

Fair to say he dropped a few clangers when his confidence was knocked but he's done very well in the main. I'm not 100% convinced by him but as you say, he wouldn't be playing for us if I would be and he is better than what we had last season.

Lasts night conceded goal, came off Morrison, so it was always going to be difficult to save.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Lasts night conceded goal, came off Morrison, so it was always going to be difficult to save.
    Deflected the ball in a different direction. No keeper would be expected to save that.

Only thing that concerns me a bit is his kicking.
    Guaranteed he will be working on this in training though so he should get better and better as the season goes.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Not sure I've seen anyone slagging him off tbh. But you're absolutely right, apart from that howler against Preston, I thinks he's been very solid and yes, I think Camp is going to spend most of the season sat on the bench.
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ight=Etheridge

You must have missed this thread. Eric couldnt wait to get on here after his clearance at Preston just because he called it 3 days earlier.

I have honestly not seen anyone slagging Etheridge off so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Fair to say he dropped a few clangers when his confidence was knocked but he's done very well in the main. I'm not 100% convinced by him but as you say, he wouldn't be playing for us if I would be and he is better than what we had last season.
    Same used to happen with Whitts, even when he was in his prime, and Morrison too. People always looking at the things they dont do well instead of the things they bring to the team. If they were perfect they wouldnt be playing for Cardiff City.

Croesy if thats a reply to me, or some bait to get a rection, I have you on ignore so dont waste your time.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ight=Etheridge

You must have missed this thread. Eric couldnt wait to get on here after his clearance at Preston just because he called it 3 days earlier.
    Two people on that thread having a pop.

Croesy if thats a reply to me, or some bait to get a rection, I have you on ignore so dont waste your time.
    No bait. "I have honestly not seen anyone slagging Etheridge off so far." Reasonable comment imho

Two people on that thread having a pop.
    Eric
    Kenwynne
    Blooburd
    Cardiff 55

4 people on the one thread. Not to mention there have been many other negative comments about him on threads not soley related to him.

No bait. "I have honestly not seen anyone slagging Etheridge off so far." Reasonable comment imho
    He must have missed that thread as well then

"Awful Keeper"
    "Accident waiting to happen"

Not negative in the slightest.

Eric
    Kenwynne
    Blooburd
    Cardiff 55

4 people on the one thread. Not to mention there have been many other negative comments about him on threads not soley related to him.
    Add Jeremy Corbyn to that who started the negative thread

Agree 100 percent, people have been waiting for him to fail since day 1 and have jumped on any slight error he's made. It reminds me of Hudson and Morrison's first season (2 of the best centre halves we've had).

He's our number one for sure, he's been great other than the off day for the whole team at Preston.

He must have missed that thread as well then

"Awful Keeper"
    "Accident waiting to happen"

Not negative in the slightest.
    In fairness, he cost us a goal vs QPR, should have cost us a goal vs Fulham and was poor vs PNE. However, if he makes a mistake, it's going to be a goal. He saved a certain goal last night and then was quick enough to react to rebound. He's done well recently and that's all we can ask for! At the moment, I don't see how Camp can get in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, he cost us a goal vs QPR, should have cost us a goal vs Fulham and was poor vs PNE. However, if he makes a mistake, it's going to be a goal. He saved a certain goal last night and then was quick enough to react to rebound. He's done well recently and that's all we can ask for! At the moment, I don't see how Camp can get in the side.
    Same here.
    He's also saved a couple of 1 on 1's, Villa and last night spring to mind plus he was excellent against Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Same here.
    He's also saved a couple of 1 on 1's, Villa and last night spring to mind plus he was excellent against Wolves.
    Hes saved us a lot more than hes cost us thats for sure.

Add Jeremy Corbyn to that who started the negative thread
    Agreed i have reservations, but he did well last night. Has a strong defence in front of him so he has feck all to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Agreed i have reservations, but he did well last night. Has a strong defence in front of him so he has feck all to do.
    Apart from stopping a definite goal when called upon

Very good yesterday especially the back to back saves stretching every sinew

Eric
    Kenwynne
    Blooburd
    Cardiff 55

Well yeah, ok then but apart from them what have the Romans done for us?

I do take your point, but my perception is that most of us, whilst not gushing with praise, haven't been slating him.

Apart from those you mentioned, but hey, all oPiniOns welcome

There are very few keepers who don't commit a blunder or two.
    My concerns are his kicking but more that in two one on ones against a striker competing for a cross we conceded two goals.
    Whilst there has been some criticism I don't agree that he is enemy number one and am not sure that Camp will be any better.

Well yeah, ok then but apart from them what have the Romans done for us?

I do take your point, but my perception is that most of us, whilst not gushing with praise, haven't been slating him.

Apart from those you mentioned, but hey, all oPiniOns welcome
    Its not just those on that thread. I used that thread as an example. Kris isnt on that thread and hes Etheridges biggest critic.