+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neil Etheridge

Re: Neil Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If you think I rejoiced at it you are very much mistaken.

Also, if you think I've been slagging him off, simply becausi raised an observation about his kicking under pressure, then it's clear that nobody must ever be allowed to mention something that is worrying.
    You are sarcastically rejoicing on that thread as soon as he had the mare against Preston. You couldn’t wait to bump a 3 day old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are sarcastically rejoicing on that thread as soon as he had the mare against Preston. You couldn’t wait to bump a 3 day old thread.
    Rejoicing? Get a fcking grip.

Thought he did very well last night.
    He's extremely athletic and also very quick to recover and quick off his line.
    His kicking and throwing were spot on last night.

I think he's growing in confidence and may we'll develop into a very good keeper.

Double stop last night was superb

Looking at the video, I think the second one in his double save was going wide - not that this makes any difference to the quality of the save.

Etheridge was under pressure after his antics at Preston and I reckon he may have been dropped if Camp was fit, but he's played three games since then and not let anyone down at all - that's all he could have done after Preston and the goal he cost us against QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looking at the video, I think the second one in his double save was going wide - not that this makes any difference to the quality of the save.

Etheridge was under pressure after his antics at Preston and I reckon he may have been dropped if Camp was fit, but he's played three games since then and not let anyone down at all - that's all he could have done after Preston and the goal he cost us against QPR.
    Absolutely spot on.

Blue in the Face

good signing

Outstanding today.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Outstanding today.
    Sure was.

Excellent performance, as it was from the whole team today. They dug deep and beat the form team in the division. Well done lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Excellent performance, as it was from the whole team today. They dug deep and beat the form team in the division. Well done lads.
    Yes well done the Team

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yes well done the Team
    Worked their socks off today. Great win.

Terrific performance from Etheridge, we sat right behind his goal for the first half and we were surprised how small he is for a goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Clearly being lined up as the next Cardiff City scapegoat, especially after his blooper against Preston, but I really think this guy has made the number 1 shirt his own and when fit Camp is going to have to fight to get the shirt off him.

Pulled off a great save at 2-0 from their full back. Its the mark of a good keeper when he has little to do for a large spell and is suddenly called into action and is alert to the danger.

I think he deserves far more credit than he gets. If he was perfect he wouldnt be playing in the Championship so why dont people give him credit for the things he does well, instead of concentrating more the few occasions hes been a bit wayward
    I totally agree ,he has grown and developed so well, I actually think he is one of the best keepers in the league now.

Warnock has a a great talent of bring in the best out of underrated /under motivated players .

He was very solid yesterday , some very safe handling

Blue in the Face

Been thinking for a while, does Neil Etheridge carry an unusually high transfer value because he's from the Phillipines? We are always seeing the big clubs touring the far east in pre-season for marketing reasons. The Phillipines has a population over 100 million and he is supposedly their best ever player.

I wonder if we may get a silly money off this window?

Incidentally this silly article just got posted. (Not much in it)

Cardiff City promotion hero tipped to play for Manchester United or Man City next
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ipped-14641436