+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Etheridge

Re: Neil Etheridge

Better than Marshall ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agree 100 percent, people have been waiting for him to fail since day 1 and have jumped on any slight error he's made. It reminds me of Hudson and Morrison's first season (2 of the best centre halves we've had).

He's our number one for sure, he's been great other than the off day for the whole team at Preston.
    You just know hes going to be the type of player can have 8-10 good games between his last bad one, and his next bad one and hes going to get jumped on. Those who give him very little praise when he does well, will be shouting loudest when he has a stinker.

Bamba has cost us goals, but in the main hes been superb so doesnt get chastised (And rightly so) when he has a poor game, or costs us a goal

Manga is the same. Gets cut far more slack than Morrison and id say in their time together has cost us more goals than Morrison with his switching off.

I wouldn't boo him or hope he is dropped as keepers need time

But saying he is an accident waiting to happen isnt that bad....given he has had a number of accidents

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You just know hes going to be the type of player can have 8-10 good games between his last bad one, and his next bad one and hes going to get jumped on. Those who give him very little praise when he does well, will be shouting loudest when he has a stinker.

Bamba has cost us goals, but in the main hes been superb so doesnt get chastised (And rightly so) when he has a poor game, or costs us a goal

Manga is the same. Gets cut far more slack than Morrison and id say in their time together has cost us more goals than Morrison with his switching off.
    Morrison has been superb this season. He's a serious contender for player of the season at the moment.

He done a good job so far but his distribution needs to be addressed. Why kick aimless balls up to Zohore who heads the ball to no one. Against 10 men you should play short balls to the defence and then work the wings to tire out the opposition, once we did that we finshed the game comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morrison has been superb this season. He's a serious contender for player of the season at the moment.
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Gunnarson
    hoilett
    NML
    Zohore

Any of those are strong contenders imo. Which is fantastic for us!

Etheridge is doing a fine job and won't lose his place if he keeps this up. He does make me nervous from time to time, but I'm trusting him more every game.

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but when he first joined us, I'm pretty sure Marshall was subjected to some stick on here. I seem to recall one member calling himself "Marshall's flapping hand" or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    He done a good job so far but his distribution needs to be addressed. Why kick aimless balls up to Zohore who heads the ball to no one. Against 10 men you should play short balls to the defence and then work the wings to tire out the opposition, once we did that we finshed the game comfortably.
    Yeah, like he did at the weekend. Straight to KZ, who heads on to NML for the third man running to volley into the net. His is kicking has improved and last night it was much better throughout. 3 goals conceded at home in 5 games. Top of the league, but let's have a go at our keeper.

At the end of the day you won’t get an infallible keeper in the champ. Even a lot of the premiership keepers are crap!

You cant really complain. Pick a player up on a free to be presumably a number 2 keeper. He has done well, to the point we could argue he holds the number 1 spot on merit.

Most players will make mistakes, and keepers mistakes will usually lead to a goal. I would say at this point Etheridge has been a shrewd and good signing. Ideally Camp will push him to improve and have competition between the 2 players.

Croesy if thats a reply to me, or some bait to get a rection, I have you on ignore so dont waste your time.
    I'm not sure if your response was meant for me or not but I would be interested to know, if it was aimed at me, of course that is, just how you did manage to respond if you have me on ignore, as you have claimed.

If it was aimed at me and if it helps, I happen to agree with much of what you said in your OP.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not sure if your response was meant for me or not but I would be interested to know, if it was aimed at me, of course that is, just how you did manage to respond if you have me on ignore, as you have claimed.

If it was aimed at me and if it helps, I happen to agree with much of what you said in your OP.

Cheers
    I'm pretty sure that if someone you have on ignore comments on a thread, you see something like, for example "Splott David is hidden". i.e you can see they've posted, but not what they have posted.

Now that I've quoted you of course, JR will be able to see what you posted.

Why the hell do I get involved????

The first rule of Ignore Club is to make sure you tell the person that you've got them on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The first rule of Ignore Club is to make sure you tell the person that you've got them on ignore.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if someone you have on ignore comments on a thread, you see something like, for example "Splott David is hidden". i.e you can see they've posted, but not what they have posted.

Now that I've quoted you of course, JR will be able to see what you posted.

Why the hell do I get involved????

This message is hidden because Nick is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

This message is hidden because Nick is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    Like what I said then

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Only thing that concerns me a bit is his kicking.
    Guaranteed he will be working on this in training though so he should get better and better as the season goes.
    Yup. Not as bad as "punt it into touch Marshall" but getting close to being very frustrating.

If Camp can punt it up the pitch without it going into to touch then he gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Like what I said then
    I was clarifying what it actually says however can you stop derailing the thread please

Another football thread ruined by the usual suspects

Bamba has cost us goals, but in the main hes been superb so doesnt get chastised (And rightly so) when he has a poor game, or costs us a goal.

I agree

I was clarifying what it actually says however can you stop derailing the thread please

Another football thread ruined by the usual suspects
    Hardly derailing it you damp gusset

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Yeah, like he did at the weekend. Straight to KZ, who heads on to NML for the third man running to volley into the net. His is kicking has improved and last night it was much better throughout. 3 goals conceded at home in 5 games. Top of the league, but let's have a go at our keeper.
    Yes he has set up goals with a long kick but its about when to kick long and when to keep it short to allow your forwards to catch a breathe especially when an opponents defence is strong in the air. Something for manager and coaches to address.

As far as I'm concerned Etheridge has had a excellent start to his city career and should keep the shirt when Camp is fit.

Yes he has set up goals with a long kick but its about when to kick long and when to keep it short to allow your forwards to catch a breathe especially when an opponents defence is strong in the air. Something for manager and coaches to address.

As far as I'm concerned Etheridge has had a excellent start to his city career and should keep the shirt when Camp is fit.
    To be fair the players are under instruction from the manager and coaching staff what they are to do with it.

We are not the sort of side that rolls it to the full back and play it out from the back.

There was a stat night which said we were 24th in the division for passes made, passing accuracy and posession, but 1st in the division for passes into the final third.

Warnock likes his goalkeeper and defence to get the ball forward to the front 3 quickly, if we keep posession great, if not then we try and win the 2nd ball high up the pitch and work from there.

Fair point. However, when he has to kick long it's hardly his problem that the weakest point of KZ game is his heading. Because of his growing reputation KZ often gets tightly marked now. I guess that's why our goalkeeper aims for ML quite often as he is normally a lot taller than his marker. The downside of that is if ML is hugging the touchline, his kicks can go out of play as was the case earlier in the season.Lastnight however I felt his distribution was much improved.

Surely a bait thread.

However I will concede that the double save he pulled off last night was pure class.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ight=Etheridge

You must have missed this thread. Eric couldnt wait to get on here after his clearance at Preston just because he called it 3 days earlier.
    If you think I rejoiced at it you are very much mistaken.

Also, if you think I've been slagging him off, simply becausi raised an observation about his kicking under pressure, then it's clear that nobody must ever be allowed to mention something that is worrying.