+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Etheridge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Neil Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    He done a good job so far but his distribution needs to be addressed. Why kick aimless balls up to Zohore who heads the ball to no one. Against 10 men you should play short balls to the defence and then work the wings to tire out the opposition, once we did that we finshed the game comfortably.
    Yeah, like he did at the weekend. Straight to KZ, who heads on to NML for the third man running to volley into the net. His is kicking has improved and last night it was much better throughout. 3 goals conceded at home in 5 games. Top of the league, but let's have a go at our keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Yeah, like he did at the weekend. Straight to KZ, who heads on to NML for the third man running to volley into the net. His is kicking has improved and last night it was much better throughout. 3 goals conceded at home in 5 games. Top of the league, but let's have a go at our keeper.
    Yes he has set up goals with a long kick but its about when to kick long and when to keep it short to allow your forwards to catch a breathe especially when an opponents defence is strong in the air. Something for manager and coaches to address.

As far as I'm concerned Etheridge has had a excellent start to his city career and should keep the shirt when Camp is fit.

Yes he has set up goals with a long kick but its about when to kick long and when to keep it short to allow your forwards to catch a breathe especially when an opponents defence is strong in the air. Something for manager and coaches to address.

As far as I'm concerned Etheridge has had a excellent start to his city career and should keep the shirt when Camp is fit.
    To be fair the players are under instruction from the manager and coaching staff what they are to do with it.

We are not the sort of side that rolls it to the full back and play it out from the back.

There was a stat night which said we were 24th in the division for passes made, passing accuracy and posession, but 1st in the division for passes into the final third.

Warnock likes his goalkeeper and defence to get the ball forward to the front 3 quickly, if we keep posession great, if not then we try and win the 2nd ball high up the pitch and work from there.

Fair point. However, when he has to kick long it's hardly his problem that the weakest point of KZ game is his heading. Because of his growing reputation KZ often gets tightly marked now. I guess that's why our goalkeeper aims for ML quite often as he is normally a lot taller than his marker. The downside of that is if ML is hugging the touchline, his kicks can go out of play as was the case earlier in the season.Lastnight however I felt his distribution was much improved.