+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds team.....

Leeds team.....

I have been reading a lot over the last few weeks about how resurgent Leeds are as a club due to recent off the field changes and of course what a very good team they are off the back of their recent run of excellent form.

I was therefore looking forward to a good contest last night, and was even a little bit fearful that Leeds would be too good for us.

Now, either what was being written was complete rubbish or we were just so good that we made them look ordinary, but either way, I couldn't have been more underwhelmed by Leeds.

Whereas we put in a very Warnock-like performance and didn't let Leeds play, (they admittedly seemed to try to play some nice football at times, some of which backfired - see our first goal LOL), and they may have had an off-night, but we have nothing to fear if this the sort of top quality opposition that we are due to face.

I didn't think that Wolves looked up to much either when we beat them at their place.

Re: Leeds team.....

Snowflakes.

To match their kit.

Agree they looked outclassed yesterday but there again we were 2nd best against Wednesday and woeful at Preston. Just the Championship - I'm sure we'll go on a winless streak at some time this season and that will bring with it some doom and gloom on here

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Agree they looked outclassed yesterday but there again we were 2nd best against Wednesday and woeful at Preston. Just the Championship - I'm sure we'll go on a winless streak at some time this season and that will bring with it some doom and gloom on here
    Tha's what make's the Championship so great.

Not many teams steam roller this league.
    Newcastle were probably the last in 2010 and before that was Reading.
    We won it fairly comfortably but we didn't look great.
    Love how competitive the league is, always full of surprises.
    With Warnock we have a manager who knows this league inside and out, I can definitely see us in the top 6 this year as I can see us being a bit more consistent than most.
    How often does a foreign manager come to England (Or the Championship) and get promoted in their first full season?
    Wagner possibly? But I can't think of many more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not many teams steam roller this league.
    Newcastle were probably the last in 2010 and before that was Reading.
    We won it fairly comfortably but we didn't look great.
    Love how competitive the league is, always full of surprises.
    With Warnock we have a manager who knows this league inside and out, I can definitely see us in the top 6 this year as I can see us being a bit more consistent than most.
    How often does a foreign manager come to England (Or the Championship) and get promoted in their first full season?
    Wagner possibly? But I can't think of many more.
    Last season foreign managers finished in 5 of the top 6 positions, and there were only about 6 of them in the league.

Leeds have actually been overperforming so far this season, they have faced a much higher number of shots than you would expect of a team that has conceded so few goals, that was always likely to catch up with them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Last season foreign managers finished in 5 of the top 6 positions, and there were only about 6 of them in the league.
    But only Jaap Stam and Wagner were in their first full season in England.

You gotta remember Leeds have had an easy start, the best team they've beaten are Ipswich who are falling away as predicted, and the rest are in the bottom places. I can't see them beating Sheff Wednesday on the weekend..

EDIT: I've just seen Ipswich are up to 5th after beating Sunderland 5-2

Still don't expect them to challenge for playoffs mind. Anyone can beat Sunderland at the moment..

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    True enough.

I thought they looked one of the better teams we've seen down here for a large part of the first half, and certainly much of the second.

We were just better. End of the news.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    But only Jaap Stam and Wagner were in their first full season in England.
    And they both got to the playoff final.
    Benitez was in his first season in the championship