+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assuming Gunnars and Ralls to be fit who would you pick to play against Derby?

Assuming Gunnars and Ralls to be fit who would you pick to play against Derby?

The certainties would appear to be
    Etheridge
    Peltier
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Zohore
    ML
    Hoilett

Will Manga play again allowing Bamba to move forward?
    Gunnars, Ralls, Damour fill the midfield?
    Is it time for Tomlin to get a start?
    What of Ward?
    Is Connolly due a start?

Re: Assuming Gunnars and Ralls to be fit who would you pick to play against Derby?

Unchanged for me, Ralls in for Bryson

Re: Assuming Gunnars and Ralls to be fit who would you pick to play against Derby?

Just hope they are. Derby are a decent side and I'd like our solid midfield back. Ralls, Gunnar, Damour.

Would have Peltier, Bennett, Morrison and Bamba back 4. Very harsh on Manga who was excellent yesterday. But he'll get his chances.

Front 3 have to stay the same.

Hope we get to see Tomlin and Ward at some point

My problem is that i cant see both Ralls and Gunnar playing. I also think he needs to bring on either Ward or Tomlin, or both at some stage. Bamba will revert with Manga likely to miss out unless Pelts has a knock in which case he will cover.

Gunnerson in for Bryson for me

Etheridge, Peltier, Manga, Morrison, Bennett, Gunnerson, Bamba, Damour, Hoilett, Mendez-laing, Zohore

I’d go unchanged, but I’m not sure NW will. I don’t think he’ll ask sol to play the same role has he did last night. So sol dropping back to the back four, manga sits it out, ralls in for Bryson and Gunnar back instead of damour.

How good is it to have so many options!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I’d go unchanged, but I’m not sure NW will. I don’t think he’ll ask sol to play the same role has he did last night. So sol dropping back to the back four, manga sits it out, ralls in for Bryson and Gunnar back instead of damour.

I doubt that Gunnar will play, and if Sol reverts it does mean there is a space in mf for Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

I may well be counting wrongly but you wouldn't need to replace Damour if you dropped Manga and moved Sol back?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post
    I may well be counting wrongly but you wouldn't need to replace Damour if you dropped Manga and moved Sol back?
    Oops, I’ve had a bit of a mare here

Ralls for Bryson.

Gunnar for Manga - if fit - with Sol dropping back to CB.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ralls for Bryson.

Gunnar for Manga - if fit - with Sol dropping back to CB.
    Seems the best option

Ralls if fit id say is a certainty.

Gunner for Bamba and Bamba back in defence as well I reckon.

Wouldnt be suprised to see a suprise starter as well.

Blue in the Face

I'd look for a way to not drop Manga. Love Morrison and he is pivitol over the course of the season, but he's been making one big mistake per game of late. A break for one game could do him loads of good. Think it's great for morale to give everyone a proper shot. Bruno showed terrific spirit against Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I'd look for a way to not drop Manga. Love Morrison and he is pivitol over the course of the season, but he's been making one big mistake per game of late. A break for one game could do him loads of good. Think it's great for morale to give everyone a proper shot. Bruno showed terrific spirit against Leeds.
    Eh?

Morrison is by far the best Centre Half - on current form in the whole ruddy league. Bamba has cost us a couple of goals recently not Morrison and Bamba and Manga together is at least one rush of blood waiting to happen

I have no doubt that Neil picks Morrison then the other 10 (exactly as he did last season)

He'll just change Bryson for Ralls and put Bamba back at CH instead of Manga if Gunnar is fit, if not he'll carry on where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Eh?

Morrison is by far the best Centre Half - on current form in the whole ruddy league. Bamba has cost us a couple of goals recently not Morrison and Bamba and Manga together is at least one rush of blood waiting to happen

I have no doubt that Neil picks Morrison then the other 10 (exactly as he did last season)

He'll just change Bryson for Ralls and put Bamba back at CH instead of Manga if Gunnar is fit, if not he'll carry on where he was.
    Zahore is his first name on the team sheet apparently.

Sounds daft but I wonder if Neil has tried the other night's formation the other way around, Bamba alongside Morrison and Manga in front? Manga's no slouch. This is getting ridiculous now though, the City having different options & plans B,C & D😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Zahore is his first name on the team sheet apparently.
    I hope not, he hasn't ever played for us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I hope not, he hasn't ever played for us.
    Fek. That wasn't a typo I've always spelt his name like that.

Sounds daft but I wonder if Neil has tried the other night's formation the other way around, Bamba alongside Morrison and Manga in front? Manga's no slouch. This is getting ridiculous now though, the City having different options & plans B,C & D������
    Yep it is great

Fek. That wasn't a typo I've always spelt his name like that.
    That's ok Boloo👍

That's ok Boloo👍
    Cheers Splatt Porker.

Cheers Splatt Porker.
    Ballacks to you😂

I would normally say stick with a team that can put in a performance like that against a top of the table team.

However considering that was a Tuesday game and the fact Gunnarson and Ralls have been great so far this season, why not put on some fresh legs.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Eh?

Actually I take it back. Not because of the points you're making but because Morrison is our best defender in the air and Derby are more direct these days than previous seasons.

Don't think it's fair to judge Manga on inconsistencies from last season. He didn't have that in his game in his first season with us. Didn't see his inevitable calamitous error against Leeds that a few folks seem keen to alude too.

Good point by Sport Parker about trying Manga in the role Bamba performed midweek at some point. Not sure if that situation will be called for without a bunch of injuries to Bamba and our centre mids.

Basically we're ridiculously spoilt for choice at centre half this year. Good problem to have and all that.

Judging by his comments Gunnar is def out tomorrow but Ralls is ok. Not forgetting Bryson not allowed to play Warnock has 3 choices imo:
    1 Play Bamba holding mf again with Ralls and Damour
    2 Put Bamba back and play Ralls, Darmour, Halford
    3 Put Bamba back and play Ralls, Darmour, Tomlin

My gut feeling he will go for option two and play Halford as the holding player.

Any thoughts?