+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Stokes

Ben Stokes

Get ready for a fortnight of cricket news on the telly guys...
    5 Live announcing new video evidence is "out there" of England vice captain Stokes allegedly throwing up to 15 punches on a night out.

If he is charged (which sounds likely) and even if he's not, surely the guy will not be on the plane to Australia?
    Would Stokes would be a massive loss to England?

Discuss...

10 pager?

Re: Ben Stokes

Have just seen the video

Stokes is going to need a damn good lawyer and I think he can forget about Australia

He could be going down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Have just seen the video

Stokes is going to need a damn good lawyer and I think he can forget about Australia

He could be going down for it.

Bollocks , read his interview in the Saturday Times last week, seems a troubled character.

The video is on The Sun page

As galling as it is to click on anything to do with it - you can watch it on there.

Took him ages to land one the fanny

Just watched the video, talk about ginger rage!!

That’s Stokes out of the tour, and England’s chances of a Ashes win probably gone, will be a huge miss. It’s going to be a long winter of cricket.

Just watched the Sun video and I feel somewhat dirty after doing so

From that, it certainly looks as though he is bang to rights and out of the tour, no matter what the mitigating circumstances.
    Stokes is a fantastic all rounder and that could well be that as far as The Ashes is concerned.
    There could be a lot of disappointment ahead.

Apparently he is due to get married on Saturday too!

I fear not even Bob Massingberg could get him off this one!

Good. The prick needs putting behind bars.

Seen it. Haven't seen the whole video or what happened in the lead up but looks like the other boy clearly didn't want any of it. Hope he is proud of him self. Kn*b.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Seen it. Haven't seen the whole video or what happened in the lead up but looks like the other boy clearly didn't want any of it. Hope he is proud of him self. Kn*b.
    Just watched the whole thing, Was a bit less one sided than i first saw, Stokes staggering around throwing more blows than most. Daft bast*ards and saucy cu*nts the lot of them.

He is fighting yes but that looks like an equal effort really

He isn't battering some helpless guy

Edit- Actually hang on I just watched the end of the video............I clicked off it when writing the above....

We know how this story goes. If you are lucky enough to get knocked out by a famous sports person, then milk it to the press, and the make sure he pays a decent settlement to drop the case. It doesn't really matter what you have done in the run up to the event.

Its then down to the ECB to whether he plays in the ashes.

I've read elsewhere, that Stokes was threatened by one of the two 'gentlemen' with a bottle? If this is the case, then he has every right to floor the pair of them. Sadly, the police and the Cricket Board won't see it that way.

I learnt a long time ago, way back in my school days, the only language a bully fully understands is a good hammering

Deserves to be banned for fighting like a tart.

I've seen girls fight better than that.

The latest seems to be that he claims to have come to the defence of two gay men who were being threatened by a bunch of blokes, one armed with a bottle.
    He saw the bottle being raised and decided to defend himself by hitting first.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    The boy didnt want any of it after he lost his bottle (Pardon the pun).

You go around swinging and throwing bottles at people you deserve all you get.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The boy didnt want any of it after he lost his bottle (Pardon the pun).

You go around swinging and throwing bottles at people you deserve all you get.
    Acknowledged that in a later post. Stokes still a tool though. Stumbling around the shop. Got no time for bottle/glass merchants either or the lad putting the boot in.

EWCB have banned Stokes "until further notice". As I thought, it doesn't matter what went on before and whether the guy got what he deserved, the guy is a role model for youngsters.
    To see somebody behaving like a pissed up thug is certainly not what the governing bodies want from their big well paid stars (with perhaps the ACB being the exception )

Celebs may have got away with it for years but not any more, there are cameras everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The latest seems to be that he claims to have come to the defence of two gay men who were being threatened by a bunch of blokes, one armed with a bottle.
    He saw the bottle being raised and decided to defend himself by hitting first.
    The whole "self-defence" defence will fall apart when it's pointed out he threw around 15 or so punches.

Not the first fracas he's got involved with either... so... sod him. He's got temper issues as evidenced by breaking his hand when hitting locker in dressing room, getting involved during games.

Send him to Guantanemo. Not for this but for being ginger.

Having watched the video, he's f*cked. He had numerous chances to have defused it and gone away, you see the other two idiots have moved away, he keeps following and launches blows to instigate again.

I'm sure Steven Gerrard can sort him out.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The whole "self-defence" defence will fall apart when it's pointed out he threw around 15 or so punches.

Not the first fracas he's got involved with either... so... sod him. He's got temper issues as evidenced by breaking his hand when hitting locker in dressing room, getting involved during games.

Send him to Guantanemo. Not for this but for being ginger.
    Less of the Ginger's please. Not literally of course.

So the fuss is hes chinned someone whos come at him armed with a bottle and his mate got a couple of slaps to.

£50 fine for Stokes and 5 year stretch for the tw@t swinging the bottle sounds right.