+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: These £5 ticket deals

These £5 ticket deals

There's no doubt thousands turn up for such a great deal and match.
    Over the following month, is there a decent growth in atrendances?
    It will be very interesting to see what Saturdays attendance is.
    With an away following of 1.5k is 20k realistic?
    Perhaps we should follow German clubs way of pricing tickets?
    I believe it has worked for Bradford.

Re: These £5 ticket deals

What is that principle Louth? How does it work?

Most German clubs charge €15-20 a game. Even Bayern Munich and Dortmund.

Bradford were charging around €130 for ST last year.

Bums on seats generates more revenue I think so a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Bums on seats generates more revenue I think so a good idea.
    I'd rather we had a set of fans that were willing to part with 20 quid to watch a game, instead of putting the expectation in peoples heads that they should only go when paying 5

I think it is a bit sad we had to put such a big discount on versus leeds and we're in such good form.

When I came over the the Wednesday game, I couldnt believe the amount of merchandise being sold. This would be increased also.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I'd rather we had a set of fans that were willing to part with 20 quid to watch a game, instead of putting the expectation in peoples heads that they should only go when paying 5

I think it is a bit sad we had to put such a big discount on versus leeds and we're in such good form.
    And by selling tickets for 15 to 20 You get bums on seats. I cant always attend so when I do I don't get any discount on tickets. I go anyway when I can and there are loads just like me who cant plan far ahead. So making walk ups cheaper would hopefully tip the balance for most.

It's all about breaking habits - in this case, the habit of NOT attending matches.

Something not mentioned is that this was an evening game - when attendances tend to dip. My ST neighbours were not there. So to top 27K is especially good.

But do I understand the club is only doing this twice a season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's all about breaking habits - in this case, the habit of NOT attending matches.

Something not mentioned is that this was an evening game - when attendances tend to dip. My ST neighbours were not there. So to top 27K is especially good.

But do I understand the club is only doing this twice a season?
    But your season tickets neighbours are STILL COUNTED AS ATTENDING

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    But your season tickets neighbours are STILL COUNTED AS ATTENDING
    I know - there in spirit....

And by selling tickets for 15 to 20 You get bums on seats. I cant always attend so when I do I don't get any discount on tickets. I go anyway when I can and there are loads just like me who cant plan far ahead. So making walk ups cheaper would hopefully tip the balance for most.
    We have the 3rd cheapest season tickets in the league. We are top of the league. People aren't attending because the walk up tickets are £23.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We have the 3rd cheapest season tickets in the league. We are top of the league. People aren't attending because the walk up tickets are £23.
    Nah, it's cost we sold Toshack mate. And something to do with cloth too, but I can't really remember that bit.

The problem with ticket pricing is when you reach the watershed mark. Where tickets are cheaper, but you are not getting anymore people attending.

Under Slade we had cheap deals and it had little or no effect on attendance. What the club did well is to introduce a deal, on a midweek game that was televised. Fans are now willing to show under this team.

Fans still want the best players, and in the football league the money mainly comes from the fans, you don't want to introduce a low pricing point which would reduce season ticket prices, and then effect income at the club, and reduce its ability to sign players.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...now-available/

£16.50p a game !!!!

If we drew Manure, Citha, Tyre thieves, Chelskie in the cup, they'd all soon find 30 sovs to come.

Why do they club claim on the online ticketing the family stand is always sold out?.

They began putting people in the upper tier v leeds when the family stand wasn't that close to being full....

they're doing the same for the next few games, the family stand is all red and unavailable

Why do they club claim on the online ticketing the family stand is always sold out?.

They began putting people in the upper tier v leeds when the family stand wasn't that close to being full....

they're doing the same for the next few games, the family stand is all red and unavailable
    Probably all season tickets that have been sold, just that not all (particularly the kids) can make evening games, making it look like there are seats available.

Two family members attended on Tuesday taking advantage of the cheap tickets, they are now both buying season tickets. One hadn't been in over 10 years, the other was a first timer. I think it was the ideal game to attract potential new support.

They don't sell Family Stand tickets online, you need the phone the ticket office. It avoids abuse of the system apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...now-available/

£16.50p a game !!!!

If we drew Manure, Citha, Tyre thieves, Chelskie in the cup, they'd all soon find 30 sovs to come.
    Oops! That should read people aren't not attending. The tickets are plenty cheap enough is the point I was trying, and failing, to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    They don't sell Family Stand tickets online, you need the phone the ticket office. It avoids abuse of the system apparently.
    Aaaaah I see.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The problem with ticket pricing is when you reach the watershed mark. Where tickets are cheaper, but you are not getting anymore people attending.

Under Slade we had cheap deals and it had little or no effect on attendance. What the club did well is to introduce a deal, on a midweek game that was televised. Fans are now willing to show under this team.

Fans still want the best players, and in the football league the money mainly comes from the fans, you don't want to introduce a low pricing point which would reduce season ticket prices, and then effect income at the club, and reduce its ability to sign players.
    Mate, at one point it felt like the club should be paying me to sit there for 90 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    There should be plenty of take up on the any 6 games for 99 quid offer.
    Yes, know a few people doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    There should be plenty of take up on the any 6 games for 99 quid offer.
    That £99 offer. Do you know if you are guaranteed 2 seats next to each other when you claim against them? Obviously if you buy 2 of them?

Oops! That should read people aren't not attending. The tickets are plenty cheap enough is the point I was trying, and failing, to make.
    Fair point. For me though it goes like this.

My Grampi first took me. Every game.
    I then went by myself. Hardly missed a game.
    Now I take my son. When I can.
    Soon my son will go with his mates.
    I will continue to go when I can.

Life can get in the way sometimes so any initiative is a good one. Pricing points and offers are included in that.
    Last edited by joecity; 28-09-17 at 13:32. Reason: checking my spelling and grammar

That £99 offer. Do you know if you are guaranteed 2 seats next to each other when you claim against them? Obviously if you buy 2 of them?
    Should imagine so, as you pick your seats when you go down ticket office.

Or, at least I do when I activate my mates.