+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: These £5 ticket deals

Re: These £5 ticket deals

Anyone know why we opened the Upper Red Ninian Stand for the Leeds game when the main bowl holds more than 28k ?

I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to the club doing these £5 deals.
    We have just been through a dark period as a club where people's loyalty has been severely tested and many lifelong bonds with the club have been severed.

Since the rebrand was overturned the club have made massive efforts to reach out and it was superb to see 27k turn up on Tuesday which will give the club renewed belief that they can still attract massive crowds.

I struggled to give away tickets for free when Slade was in charge and on the few occasions I did manage to give tickets away, the people would say to me that they would never watch that shit again!

Now we have a manager who wants to entertain the punters and players who can get bums off seats and the whole atmosphere around the club.

I know quite a few people who took up the offer on Tuesday and every one of them said they will be returning. Some have already bought tickets for Saturday.

You're not gonna make them die hard Cardiff fans overnight and you're not gonna go from 15k to 27k on regular basis overnight either.

If 1000 people who took up Tuesday's offer return on Saturday then surely it's worth it, and if we continue to build on and off the pitch like we are currently then the crowds will continue to increase.

Of course people would find £30 if we were playing Man United on Saturday but I don't understand that argument as I'd be more likely to travel to Barcelona to watch Cardiff in the champions league (on the minute chance we'd ever get there) than I would to go Ipswich on a Tuesday night! That's life!

Hat's off to the club for finally tapping into the one advantage we have over Swansea at this present time, and that is empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to the club doing these £5 deals.
    We have just been through a dark period as a club where people's loyalty has been severely tested and many lifelong bonds with the club have been severed.

Since the rebrand was overturned the club have made massive efforts to reach out and it was superb to see 27k turn up on Tuesday which will give the club renewed belief that they can still attract massive crowds.

I struggled to give away tickets for free when Slade was in charge and on the few occasions I did manage to give tickets away, the people would say to me that they would never watch that shit again!

Now we have a manager who wants to entertain the punters and players who can get bums off seats and the whole atmosphere around the club.

I know quite a few people who took up the offer on Tuesday and every one of them said they will be returning. Some have already bought tickets for Saturday.

You're not gonna make them die hard Cardiff fans overnight and you're not gonna go from 15k to 27k on regular basis overnight either.

If 1000 people who took up Tuesday's offer return on Saturday then surely it's worth it, and if we continue to build on and off the pitch like we are currently then the crowds will continue to increase.

Of course people would find £30 if we were playing Man United on Saturday but I don't understand that argument as I'd be more likely to travel to Barcelona to watch Cardiff in the champions league (on the minute chance we'd ever get there) than I would to go Ipswich on a Tuesday night! That's life!

Hat's off to the club for finally tapping into the one advantage we have over Swansea at this present time, and that is empty seats.

Top post.

Well said that man.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

Can you summarize for me when I have an argument with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Anyone know why we opened the Upper Red Ninian Stand for the Leeds game when the main bowl holds more than 28k ?
    Segregation and unsold seats in the family stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Top post.

Well said that man.
    Agreed. Getting fans through the turnstiles with cheap deals is one thing. Getting them to come back is another. For that you need a winning team / entertaining football. Thankfully the ones that went on Tuesday got just that and I'm sure we'll see many returning.

I couldn't make the Leeds game on Tuesday night but when I watched the highlights I was surprised to see quite a few empty seats around the ground - I expected it to be jammed solid and the top tier had to be opened to accommodate the over-spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Big segregation areas

I bought a ticket for the Villa game for £20. I think that's very reasonable.

I do however think the 6 games for £99 is a bit stingy. If I have to commit to 6 games I'd like to get a bit better deal than what amounts to buy 5 get one free.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I bought a ticket for the Villa game for £20. I think that's very reasonable.

I do however think the 6 games for £99 is a bit stingy. If I have to commit to 6 games I'd like to get a bit better deal than what amounts to buy 5 get one free.
    For goodness sake - 6 games for £99 works out at £16.50 per match, a bargain by anyones standards especially bearing in mind we are top of the league and playing good football. Its also £3.50p cheaper than your Villa ticket which you stated was 'very reasonable'. What more can the club do ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    For goodness sake - 6 games for £99 works out at £16.50 per match, a bargain by anyones standards especially bearing in mind we are top of the league and playing good football. Its also £3.50p cheaper than your Villa ticket which you stated was 'very reasonable'. What more can the club do ?.
    I think this is what the yute called "being owned".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I know - there in spirit....
    Should this be in the "people you thought were dead" thread?

Why do people get so self righteous about the attendance of others, almost demanding we must see an improvement in the gates?

As long as you're there, and enjoying the football, or social, or whatever your reason you go to football, what difference does it make?

"There's no excuses now, we are top of the league, it's only £20"

It's 2017 there are more places than ever to spend your money. Football isn't the be all and end all. It might be to some, and it was to me once upon a time before I had kids, but everyone's different.

Cardiff have a hardcore of 13/14/15k not including away fans and gates will fluctuate depending on league position and opposition.

It's the way it's always been and modern history will more or less show that Cardiff are a club who's gates can change dramatically throughout the season and year on year.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why do people get so self righteous about the attendance of others, almost demanding we must see an improvement in the gates?

As long as you're there, and enjoying the football, or social, or whatever your reason you go to football, what difference does it make?

It's 2017 there are more places than ever to spend your money. Football isn't the be all and end all. It might be to some, and it was to me once upon a time before I had kids, but everyone's different.

Cardiff have a hardcore of 13/14/15k not including away fans and gates will fluctuate depending on league position and opposition.

It's the way it's always been and modern history will more or less show that Cardiff are a club who's gates can change dramatically throughout the season and year on year.
    Agreed. It takes years to build up a fan base. When I started following the City, our hardcore was probably more like 4-5000. As you said it's triple that now because of playing in the second tier for nearly fifteen years. If we go back up and this time manage to stay up for a good few years, then our hardcore could easily be 20-25,000.

They can make it a bit more marketable. I don't think saving £3.50 is going to persuade people to commit to 6 games. You have to look at it from the casual fan's POV.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They can make it a bit more marketable. I don't think saving £3.50 is going to persuade people to commit to 6 games. You have to look at it from the casual fan's POV.
    Dont forget that the clubs main source of income now is season tickets and gate receipts. They simply cant afford to discount tickets too far. Our prices compare very favourably with other clubs in the championship. A few £5 matches like the Leeds game are fine to boost interest but any more and it will invitably lead to having to get rid of our best players to make ends meet.

Dont forget that the clubs main source of income now is season tickets and gate receipts. They simply cant afford to discount tickets too far. Our prices compare very favourably with other clubs in the championship. A few £5 matches like the Leeds game are fine to boost interest but any more and it will invitably lead to having to get rid of our best players to make ends meet.
    It should not be forgotten that 500 x £5 = £2,500; 1,000 x £5 = £5,000 and 10,000 x £5 = £50,000. If you multiply £50,000 by the number of home league games in a season - ie 23, unless we are in the Premiership - you get £1,150,000 and over ten years that's £11,500,000 (unless we are in the Premiership).

I agree, City were in division 4 when I first saw them, 2000 most every game but i knew I loved it as soon as I went. I used to go all the time, now when I can. Sometimes when I read post's on here it is as if some people resent the fact that you get older and and can't always go. Some times to be honest I have chosen not too. Not often, but I have. You can still be a fan, You might never attend just like the millions of Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona fans but Getting to go back for £5 might well get you involved again. I see term's like cherry pickers, the great unwashed etc and I think Why? We are all City, We are involved, Why else would you bother to write on this board. As regards going down loads of people my dap just can't do it as often anymore. Long live the City.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I agree, City were in division 4 when I first saw them, 2000 most every game but i knew I loved it as soon as I went. I used to go all the time, now when I can. Sometimes when I read post's on here it is as if some people resent the fact that you get older and and can't always go. Some times to be honest I have chosen not too. Not often, but I have. You can still be a fan, You might never attend just like the millions of Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona fans but Getting to go back for £5 might well get you involved again. I see term's like cherry pickers, the great unwashed etc and I think Why? We are all City, We are involved, Why else would you bother to write on this board. As regards going down loads of people my dap just can't do it as often anymore. Long live the City.
    spot on

They are only permitted (I think) 4 discounted matches due to Football League rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    It should not be forgotten that 500 x £5 = £2,500; 1,000 x £5 = £5,000 and 10,000 x £5 = £50,000. If you multiply £50,000 by the number of home league games in a season - ie 23, unless we are in the Premiership - you get £1,150,000 and over ten years that's £11,500,000 (unless we are in the Premiership).
    Our average home attendance so far is 21300. Assuming that we have about 12000 season ticket holders and an average match ticket price is around £20, then at that price each home game is generating £186000 in extra revenue for the club i.e. £4,278,000 over a 23 game season. Even allowing for 3 games a season at the £5 offer, thats still £3,859,500 extra. Using your figures above that is over £2,700,000 more than having the £5 offer for every game. Quite simply a club like ours can not afford to give away that amount of income every year.

Also adult season ticket holders in the Ninian stand who buy early in March pay £399 or £17.35 per game. Why should they continue to pay this amount when they can see that other people who are buying the tickets on a game by game basis are getting in for £5 a game. Most would stop buying the season tickets and the whole system would fall apart. The club relys heavily on early season ticket purchases to fund it through the summer months and assist with player recruitment. Its great to have the stadium full again but the only sustainable way to do this is to play good football and have success like we are at the moment, with the occassional 'special offer' matches and the ground will soon fill up again, making everyone happy. Once we are in the Premier League with all the TV revenue there will be much more scope to reduce prices if needs be and fill the stadium.

Ticket sales are wayyyyyyy down the pecking order in terms of where the clubs make money. Naturally, they're very, very important and we can't afford to cut costs too much but, our ticket sales in 2014/15 equated to £5.7m, we made £6m in sponsorship and £28m from "centralised broadcasting and commercial distributions". Our wage bill alone was £37m.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ticket sales are wayyyyyyy down the pecking order in terms of where the clubs make money. Naturally, they're very, very important and we can't afford to cut costs too much but, our ticket sales in 2014/15 equated to £5.7m, we made £6m in sponsorship and £28m from "centralised broadcasting and commercial distributions". Our wage bill alone was £37m.
    Thats in the premier league and related parachute payments, in the football league television revenue is very much reduced, and ticket sales are the main income point.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Thats in the premier league and related parachute payments, in the football league television revenue is very much reduced, and ticket sales are the main income point.
    That was in the Championship. Ticket sales to Champ clubs are nice but don't do a lot.