Welsh Squad

Brooks in.

Re: Welsh Squad

Hennessey, Ward, Maxwell

Gunter, Chester, Williams, Davies, Taylor, Ampadu, Lockyer

Ramsey, Ledley, J Williams, King, Edwards, Allen

Bale, Vokes, Robson-Kanu, Lawrence, Woodburn, Watkins, Brooks

Squad looks much stronger with Brooks, Ampadu and Woodburn instead of the likes of Cotterill, Vaughan etc.

Buzzing that Brooks seems to have chosen Wales, he looks a player.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Brooks in.
    Good news. Prepare for Adrian 'the melt' Durham to have another on air meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Good news. Prepare for Adrian 'the melt' Durham to have another on air meltdown.
    Don't listen and don't rise to it. He believes nothing he says but he's gold for a commercial radio station.

Also, they're much better players than the dross we've padded the squad with in previous years. Simon Church or David Brooks? Tough call...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Don't listen and don't rise to it. He believes nothing he says but he's gold for a commercial radio station.

Also, they're much better players than the dross we've padded the squad with in previous years. Simon Church or David Brooks? Tough call...
    I have learned my lesson there. Agree with the standard of players coming through the age grades. It is good to see. Coleman, Osian and many others deserve credit.

so many exciting young players coming through and I hope Coleman arranges some friendlies in the new year to give these youngsters a bit of game time with the likes of Bale, Ramsey and Allen.

We can get Brooks and Ampadu on for ten minutes when we're 3-0 up in Georgia - think I might be letting the euphoria of Tuesday go to my head there mind .

Good to see Chris Maxwell get a deserved call up as well - from being in a position where we looked f*cked if Hennessey picked up an injury, we now look well off for keepers.

Just found this where Chris Coleman confirms Brooks has committed to Wales - I'd still like to see him get that first cap in a competitive game though!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41417819

Quote direct from Durham

“International football stopped being about where you were born a long time ago. Luis Monti played for Argentina in the 1930 World Cup final, and Italy in the 1934 final. ”

This is a good ironic read..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...y-England.html

But still manages to find issue with what other home nations are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Quote direct from Durham

“International football stopped being about where you were born a long time ago. Luis Monti played for Argentina in the 1930 World Cup final, and Italy in the 1934 final. ”

This is a good ironic read..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...y-England.html

But still manages to find issue with what other home nations are doing.
    He is a professional wind up merchant. That's his job and that's what he's paid to do. Take no notice of him.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Brooks in.
    Some lovely play from Brooks here in last Sundays Sheffield derby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TPg-TcL00k

Think he'd make a great substitution, going on for the last 15 minutes against Georgia. He appears to show no fear when taking on the opposition defence

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He is a professional wind up merchant. That's his job and that's what he's paid to do. Take no notice of him.
    11 English born players in squad, I can almost hear that vein in his head throbbing from here!

Likewise Buzzing than Brooks has been included.

Take your point about Ampadu and Woodburn. However, we look a bit thin at the back with the absence on Ginge and Jazz. A few of our defenders are also on one yellow so another in Georgia will leave us really short for our final game.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Likewise Buzzing than Brooks has been included.

Take your point about Ampadu and Woodburn. However, we look a bit thin at the back with the absence on Ginge and Jazz. A few of our defenders are also on one yellow so another in Georgia will leave us really short for our final game.
    If I were an England supporter I would be questioning why first Woodburn and now it appears Brooks have chosen Wales. It’s great for us and let’s get him capped.

Totally agree about our defence. Williams, Davies and Chester are all on yellows. Collins is out injured so we can not afford yellow cards in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Hennessey, Ward, Maxwell

Gunter, Chester, Williams, Davies, Taylor, Ampadu, Lockyer

Ramsey, Ledley, J Williams, King, Edwards, Allen

Bale, Vokes, Robson-Kanu, Lawrence, Woodburn, Watkins, Brooks
    Is Ampadu classed as a defender or a defensive midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Is Ampadu classed as a defender or a defensive midfielder?
    Not sure to be honest. I've seen mention on social media of him being both. I believe when he came on as sub the other night for Chelsea it was in midfield so I assume it's defensive midfielder. Or as we now call it the Sol position!!

If I were an England supporter I would be questioning why first Woodburn and now it appears Brooks have chosen Wales. It’s great for us and let’s get him capped.

Totally agree about our defence. Williams, Davies and Chester are all on yellows. Collins is out injured so we can not afford yellow cards in Georgia.
    England have won plenty in age grade football this year and do have exciting young players to turn to and then they go and pick Delph. What kind of message does that send out. Agree with the yellow peril. Happened in the Euro's but some of these young lads give me hope.

Brill

Would like to see both youngsters come on and would like to see Wilson capped soon also

It's great when you look at the squad list these days and see players from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Brill

Would like to see both youngsters come on and would like to see Wilson capped soon also
    He already has been if it's Harry you're thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It's great when you look at the squad list these days and see players from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Wolves.
    A point well made except you should have put Wolves first on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You forgot to mention the mighty Reading FC

He already has been if it's Harry you're thinking of.
    Yep our youngest international aged 16. Capped nearly four years ago. He seems to be a bit forgotten about with the rise of Woodburn.

Yep our youngest international aged 16. Capped nearly four years ago. He seems to be a bit forgotten about with the rise of Woodburn.
    He got time on his side though. He will come again im sure.