+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grandstand experience ?

Grandstand experience ?

Got tickets in the grandstand for Saturday , are the bars over there any different to the ones in the canton ?

Re: Grandstand experience ?

Where in the grandstand?

Block 205. Nothing too posh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Got tickets in the grandstand for Saturday , are the bars over there any different to the ones in the canton ?
    Pretty crap in there. All pretending to be posh, no atmosphere, poor service. Generally shite, hope this helps!

People think they're a load of earl's and lords walking about as they've paid an extra tenner.

Not.

More older people there. That is about it.

The bars are heated

The bars are small and packed

Thanks all. Will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The balls are small and packed
    FYP

Lousy view from the Grandstand as you sit far too low down for my liking.

Think I’m about half way up. Will see how it goes.

We're in the Grandstand, last but one row before the boxes. Excellent view, getting your half time pint is all about timing, eye on the clock, eye on the fourth official, then send your mate down early😂👌

Don't forget to grab your prawn sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We're in the Grandstand, last but one row before the boxes. Excellent view, getting your half time pint is all about timing, eye on the clock, eye on the fourth official, then send your mate down early����
    I've never understood the obsession with having a pint at half time, barely time to buy it and then throw it down your neck. Maybe I'm just getting old as I like to enjoy a pint, which is precisely why I never buy one down the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    I've never understood the obsession with having a pint at half time, barely time to buy it and then throw it down your neck. Maybe I'm just getting old as I like to enjoy a pint, which is precisely why I never buy one down the CCS.
    I can't stand it when people go to the bar 5mins before the half time. They move along the rows spoiling your view at a time when teams are most likely to score. I've missed a few goals over the years due to those who are so desperate for a drink they can't wait.

Decent view near halfway. No Dai Hunt to worry about as people are as quiet as mice. Mostly old folk like me who cant hold their beer and would piss themselves if had a pint at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    I've needed that half time pint many a time, it's deadened the hurt over the years🍺🍺😂

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Why people rush to buy an over priced pint of p1ss is beyond - especially in the afternoon - it's not as if its last orders...
    It's psychological

4 cans of Stella in the car on the way down need a couple of pints before game and one at HT to stop the headache kicking in.

Lager in the ground is particularly bad so drink Bow. Watered down but not as much as the lager.