+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: English born Welsh players

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: English born Wesh players

F*ck what Durham thinks. Me suggesting that I'm more Welsh because I speak Welsh than some of my fellow Welshmen deprived in South Wales of the chance to do so would be outrageous. If you're in you're in. Simple enough to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    F*ck what Durham thinks. Me suggesting that I'm more Welsh because I speak Welsh than some of my fellow Welshmen deprived in South Wales of the chance to do so would be outrageous. If you're in you're in. Simple enough to my mind.
    I dont understand why people get upset about the Durham thing, in a way he's correct. We are scouting English legacy players and we are using the rules to our advantage. He is perfectly correct.

As Welsh fans we have to be content with that don't we. We have to be happy with the success, because we are fully aware that the situation is happening.

Surely the counter debate is that we are simply following the rules criteria that is set-out to us. In fact we are even hamstrung further from other country's outside the UK because we do not use residency rules. So we could never have a Diego Costa turning out for us.

Didn't want to give any oxygen to Durham in this thread. It is just hard these day's to separate Wales from England and vice versa under current and original qualification rules. A Welsh historian was quoting the first Welsh team. intereseting in a modern context. Wonder what was made of it back then.

Didn't want to give any oxygen to Durham in this thread. It is just hard these day's to separate Wales from England and vice versa under current and original qualification rules. A Welsh historian was quoting the first Welsh team. intereseting in a modern context. Wonder what was made of it back then.
    We would be fuming though if Bale was playing for England now though wouldn't we.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    We would be fuming though if Bale was playing for England now though wouldn't we.
    I didn't fume about Owen Hargreaves and look at the time we invested in that young man. You could argue that i would fume more about Vinnie Jones playing for us. In the end I thought fair enough if he really want's to, can do and is into it. Again though it's a choice, you are in or you are out.

I didn't fume about Michael Owen or Hargreaves.
    Hargreaves was born in Canada, Owen from a border town from English parents.

Bale, and individual born in Wales, to Welsh Parents, went to school in Wales, but had one English Grandparent. Much like many currently playing for Wales, i must admit with the talent he possesses that would annoy me.

Surely you see the difference.