+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: English born Welsh players

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: English born Wesh players

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I really don't care, but Durham on Talksport was saying we have quite a few players that have never even lived in wales.

I had segregating people...who am I to say who is from where? But we are stretching it a bit
    He is right though The first time Ashely Williams came to Wales was to play for the national team. Im sure its the case for many others (i mean if only one grandparent was from an area).

Durham is simply doing what any Welshman has done in the past with the Plastic Paddy's, English Cricket team, Lennox Lewis, Mo farah, Gregg Rusedski, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    He is right though The first time Ashely Williams came to Wales was to play for the national team. Im sure its the case for many others (i mean if only one grandparent was from an area).

Durham is simply doing what any Welshman has done in the past with the Plastic Paddy's, English Cricket team, Lennox Lewis, Mo farah, Gregg Rusedski, etc....
    Michael Owen has never lived in England. Apart from his brief time in Madrid he has always lived in Wales. I believe that when he played for Newcastle Utd he commuted by helicopter to Tyneside. In this article http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...-could-4749253
    he claims that he lived in Newcastle and that the helicopter was for his family to visit him. He also seems to think that Hawarden is in north west England!

“My wife in particular wanted to come back to England.”

And with a big family back in the North West, Owen explained his motives for why he snapped up a chopper during his United days.
    What a f@cking tosser.

It's also crazy that Michael Owen who grew up in Wales and played for North Wales Schoolboys but as was born in Chester Hospital like a lot of North Wales babies he wasn't eligible to play for Wales as his parents are English?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    It's also crazy that Michael Owen who grew up in Wales and played for North Wales Schoolboys but as was born in Chester Hospital like a lot of North Wales babies he wasn't eligible to play for Wales as his parents are English?
    So, he's English born with English parents, represented England from Under 15's all the way through to the senior side.
    Not the best example of craziness