+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock Pre Derby Media. Ledley / Gunnarsson

Warnock Pre Derby Media. Ledley / Gunnarsson

just watched this on iFollow and a few things stood out for me....

firstly Gunnarsson , He has a tear in his hip area. Warnock not happy that Iceland want to asses him, and he fears they will want to play him in the upcoming internationals. They want written confirmation from Iceland if he gets further injured then they will pay his wages whilst he recovers.He also mentioned Gunners is their captain and will want to play on one leg and that Warnock has spoken to Gunners and made his thoughts clear on the matter, i.e. he should not play in the internationals. Seemed to be a possible area of friction, given that Gunners contract is up next July too.

Now what also was interesting was he was asked about Ledley going to derby, and was warlock interested in signing him etc. warlocks reply was he had spoke to Ledley and explained he couldnt do anything till January. Also explaining he was looking for a more attack minded player as well (bryson). Now then , he won't on to say Gunners and Ledley are both hard work pros etc , and how he liked Ledley when he was at palace.

Is it a coincidence that Ledley has only signed for Derby till January , and that a similar player (gunners) is out of contract 6 months later? A possible deal for Ledley in january perhaps ? with gunner moving on ?

Just a thought.

Re: Warnock Pre Derby Media. Ledley / Gunnarsson

You should work for the secret service.

Ha ha is it that conspiratorial ? I was just trying to read in what’s been said and what is fact.

No malicious intent.

After reading your post and doing no fact checking or additional research I'm going to give a strong "maybe".

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Ha ha is it that conspiratorial ? I was just trying to read in what’s been said and what is fact.

No malicious intent.
    I actually think you're onto something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    just watched this on iFollow and a few things stood out for me....

firstly Gunnarsson , He has a tear in his hip area. Warnock not happy that Iceland want to asses him, and he fears they will want to play him in the upcoming internationals. They want written confirmation from Iceland if he gets further injured then they will pay his wages whilst he recovers.He also mentioned Gunners is their captain and will want to play on one leg and that Warnock has spoken to Gunners and made his thoughts clear on the matter, i.e. he should not play in the internationals. Seemed to be a possible area of friction, given that Gunners contract is up next July too.

Now what also was interesting was he was asked about Ledley going to derby, and was warlock interested in signing him etc. warlocks reply was he had spoke to Ledley and explained he couldnt do anything till January. Also explaining he was looking for a more attack minded player as well (bryson). Now then , he won't on to say Gunners and Ledley are both hard work pros etc , and how he liked Ledley when he was at palace.

Is it a coincidence that Ledley has only signed for Derby till January , and that a similar player (gunners) is out of contract 6 months later? A possible deal for Ledley in january perhaps ? with gunner moving on ?

Just a thought.
    If this is anywhere near the truth (it's plausible), why should Ledley punch a gut today ??????

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If this is anywhere near the truth (it's plausible), why should Ledley punch a gut today ??????
    It's definitely got legs and to answer your question, in order to show us WHY we should offer him a nice contract in Jan.

Also , he's a professional and will want to do well for his own personal pride

I thought the same when i read the interview. Ledley is def an option if Gunnar goes in Jan.

Just seems to all tie up to me. The fact there has been contact , warnock likes him. Gunnarsson contract situation etc. Find it very off that ledley only signed till January and warnock told Ledley in august he can’t do anything till January.

I guess a lot will depend on whether he plays for Iceland next week and gets injured or not.