+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do I not like passive referees!

Do I not like passive referees!

Not a great game and whilst Derby came for a point, they could have snatched all 3 in the end but I must say that the ref, although not the worst we've had down here, was awful.
    He let far too much go in the way of cynical fouls which if stamped out early, would have made the game more enjoyable as a spectacle.
    He came with a softly softly attitude, the "I'm going to let most things go and not book anyone unless I really really have to" attitude.
    This favoured Derby more than ourselves.

Okay Derby were pretty boring and in general spoilers but they will take points from others and I expect them to be challenging for playoffs.

Still top going into the international break and not too downhearted.
    Remember where we were after 11 games last season?
    Just shows how far we've come under the great man

Re: Do I not like passive referees!

We should have had the resources to put derby to bed today , ashore wasn't firing should have pulled him at half time , shoved ward on and also given Feeney a half

Derby will be top ten

big lumps them derby defenders

The game went exactly as i expected, even to the extent that i guessed correctly Tomlin would be needed late on.
    Warnocks hands were tied with Gunnar's and Bryson's absences but imo Tomlin and Ward should have started instead of Damour and Hoilett.

He avoided some bookings by waving play on, on more than one occasion, we had play stopped went we were in a chance of scoring with a fake head injury to one of their divers and another chance was stopped when he stopped play when one of our players was down to a non head injury