+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst gigs you've been to

Re: Worst gigs you've been to

Micheal schenker group still David's hall 1983 , shocking , a once fine guitarist on his arse playing fret wank solos

Support band were good though , bad company and free drummer Simon kirke, still got his sticks on my wall

The Fall at Swn a few years ago. So bad I left after two songs to find another gig, which turned out to be the right choice as Mark E Smith left after three.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I fell asleep during Peter Gabriel at Knebworth. I think I would have stayed awake for Hendrix
    Can't be 100% sure, but I think that's a whoosh.

No - it is a whoosh!

Some student nurse dragged me to see the mission with that idiot Wayne hussey in charge , total crap , fecking led Zeppelin student goth bunch of posers

She shaved her armpits which was nice

Specials in Sophia gardens early 80s , maybe supporting the Jam , claret everywhere

A band called "Send More Paramedics" in Barfly about 12 years ago.
    I was a fan of going to the smaller venues and seeing unknown bands etc and judging by the name I thought these would be a sort of emo/punk teen band.

I was wrong, they were some gothic zombie looking band with even bigger nutters following them, each to their own.
    Not saying they were bad at what they did but it wasn't for me.

I was on a date with a bird too, she wasn't into that sort of stuff either, didn't see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Manics millennium gig , surrounded by pissed arseholes in Welsh rugby shirts and the manics were utter shit , background was videos of Welsh rugby games for ****s sake , wanted to piss off home early but bird at time was really into them , ****ing dull bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    I was there too, it was terrible. The support was shite, even some tit reading poetry. Ridiculous queues for the bar, I remember it got to midnight and everyone thought "is that it?" And went home.
    and me

Its funny what you take from Gigs though, The sound was crap aswell, but the night wasnt too bad, the queues for the bar were massive, the first time we got 16 pints of Smirnoff Ice ( 2 bottles poured into a pint glass, they wouldnt let you take the plastic bottles ) they gave you pints in them 4 pint cardboard holders , took them back to the seating area and drank them, then my brother went and ordered double that, 8 pints of Smirnoff ice each to beat the queues, imagine 2 blokes carrying 4 of them 4 pint trays each, if you stacked them and tucked them under your chin it worked fine, we were getting hammered by this time, and more importantly, beating the mugs who were standing in the queue and buying a pint a time we felt like kings, pissed kings, but kings never-the-less

one last round we say, i didnt realise the cost of it, each bottle was 4 quid, 2 bottles in a pint glass, 4 pints on a tray, when it came to my round i almost fell over with the shock, we only went to the bar 3 times though LOL

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    1990?

I saw the stereo mcs whilst waiting for another band at Glastonbury once. That was a long hour.
    I saw that. 'gonna get myself connected' by stumbling around in baggy jeans on stage sounding like you are shouting through a bean tin connected to a length of string. You could wear baggy jeans back then as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Kanye West @ the CIA in 2007

I haven't been to many concerts (Kanye, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Nas, GZA, Ghostface Killah, Method Man, Redman, Snoop Dogg).

Kanye was the only one of the above who tried to have 3 wardrobe changes in the middle of the concert. Everyone else just rapped like a normal rapper.

The only redeeming factor that night was he performed the song "Hey Mama" a few days after his mum had died. A brave performance, considering.
    Saw Xzibit supporting Eminem at london docklands in his first UK tour, must have been the anger management tour i guess, felt a little uneasy with loads of black fella's walking around like gangsta's looking at me like the only white in the village

A few years on, took my brother to enimem him at Milton keynes bowl, completely different Vibe with the audience, middle class england and arrived

a tale of 2 crowds, very different

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Manics millennium gig , surrounded by pissed arseholes in Welsh rugby shirts and the manics were utter shit , background was videos of Welsh rugby games for ****s sake , wanted to piss off home early but bird at time was really into them , ****ing dull bitch
    Was struggling to think of one, then this beauty popped up.

We left when the old 'Grandstand' tune was played. Still not sure if that was a purposeful pisstake, or a desperate grab at extra time whilst they sorted out the technical problems. Regardless, I convinced my Ex wife that the then still open Hippo would provide a better evening.

I can't quite remember what happened in there (usual story) but I do remember going back to the Millenium for the end of it and a taxi home. All in all, a crap night which enforces my opinion that NYE should be done at home with good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I saw that. 'gonna get myself connected' by stumbling around in baggy jeans on stage sounding like you are shouting through a bean tin connected to a length of string. You could wear baggy jeans back then as you know.
    they played a nightclub in Cardiff in the early 90's if my memory is correct, only one of them 5 song efforts

Kickers and baggy jeans

They were most def of 'they're time' good luck to the f00kas though.

They were most def of 'they're time' good luck to the f00kas though.
    They are still going. They played Merthyr Rising this year.

Well f**k me. Original line up still. The singer/mc looked like he was always starving. so he has done well. All credit to them.

Well f**k me. Original line up still. The singer/mc looked like he was always starving. so he has done well. All credit to them.
    Starving is being kind. Looked like a smackhead.

I didn't go do down on the Saturday, so didn't see the MCs myself. Was down there on the Sunday. Alabama 3 headlined and were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Was struggling to think of one, then this beauty popped up.

We left when the old 'Grandstand' tune was played. Still not sure if that was a purposeful pisstake, or a desperate grab at extra time whilst they sorted out the technical problems. Regardless, I convinced my Ex wife that the then still open Hippo would provide a better evening.

I can't quite remember what happened in there (usual story) but I do remember going back to the Millenium for the end of it and a taxi home. All in all, a crap night which enforces my opinion that NYE should be done at home with good friends!!
    Aah the hippo, Used to be bogies until late house replaced even later rock n roll. Them was some times. Tom Tom's before that and before that 3wise men over the way under gw's.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Starving is being kind. Looked like a smackhead.

I didn't go do down on the Saturday, so didn't see the MCs myself. Was down there on the Sunday. Alabama 3 headlined and were very good.
    The dude from Alabama 3 makes death mask.s It;s on Radio 4 I player.

Every Friday and Saturday nights.

Seen a couple of bad Fall shows. Saw Hole in about 2004, that was about the worst. Apart from that, seen a ton of shit bands at festivals, support bands at clubs etc. Understandable really as most music is ****ing horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Every Friday and Saturday nights.
    Good night?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Good night?
    Nice crowd and great night. Can't ask for much more.