+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst gigs you've been to

Worst gigs you've been to

Bob Dylan - Did 4 songs
    Radiohead this year in Belgium - 20 minutes of feedback and slow jamming between songs

Re: Worst gigs you've been to

Memphis Bend in Newport college, circa 1973, boring as ****
    Leo Sayer, just as he broke through.
    He was already booked at my uni, tried to get out of it but couldn't.
    Did 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Memphis Bend in Newport college, circa 1973, boring as ****
    Leo Sayer, just as he broke through.
    He was already booked at my uni, tried to get out of it but couldn't.
    Did 20 minutes.
    **** must have been boring for it to stick badly in your memory for 40+ years haha

Weren't exactly a gig but it was a rave in the old empty house/home next to the Captain's Wife in Sully. Big old fight broke out to strobe effect. Quite a sight. Could have been good otherwise.

The Twang in Sheperds Bush Empire around 8 years ago.
    Horrible atmosphere just loads of different football lads looking for anyone and everyone to kick off with.
    Not great when your with your bird, wired and in a strange town.

Oasis in the CIA when Liam ****ed off after about 30 minutes.

Richie Blackmore, played for about half an hour then ****ed off.
    Van Morrison, grumpy git who can't sing in tune when playing live

Stereophonics earlier this summer in a leisure centre in Swindon.
    Awful organisation, too many crammed in there, security taking bungs to let ticketless fans in and my missus and I spent the whole gig treating people who had collapsed as there were no medical staff on site (fortunately, I have a full paramedic kit in the boot of my car). To be fair, after I spoke to the 'phonics management, they gave us a full refund and a shed load of freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Weren't exactly a gig but it was a rave in the old empty house/home next to the Captain's Wife in Sully. Big old fight broke out to strobe effect. Quite a sight. Could have been good otherwise.
    was that in 1991 brother ?

I like Jools Holland and his R'n B Orchestra and I've seen them a number of times in different venues. But one year he knocked out a C&W CD and featured songs from this in the set. The guest on the show was Lulu. When she began 'Shout', it was the last straw.

The only person I've walked out on was Brenda Lee.

red hot chillies in reading festival, they were on the gear and kept on forgetting the words to songs
    saw then a few times since and they have been bloody great

Ian Brown at the cardiff SU, met up with a few from this MB, Ian claimed someone spat at him, so stopped the gig, he did start it after someone was kicked out, but the guy cannot sing to save his life ( it was never about his singing live, the roses were just the right band at the right time )

Catatonia at margam park, strange gig, some crap abba tribute band, then Ian Brown, who the audience did not want to see and boo'ed him and sang some rugby song over the top of him, then Catatonia, Of course I went to see Ian Brown ( who i know cannot sing, we have already touched on that ) after a few Cerys songs i decide to head on home ( well the drive to see my then Girl friend, now wife in Bath ) at the rear of the gig at the food outlets, someone has a Stereo blasting 'Roses songs out and must have been 250 lads all dancing away and thinking they were back in the early 90's ( it must have been mid 00's at the time ) it was surreal, I joined them for a while and headed on home

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    red hot chillies in reading festival, they were on the gear and kept on forgetting the words to songs
    saw then a few times since and they have been bloody great
    1990?

I saw the stereo mcs whilst waiting for another band at Glastonbury once. That was a long hour.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    1990?

I saw the stereo mcs whilst waiting for another band at Glastonbury once. That was a long hour.
    must have been about that time

Saw then busking in Sydney in 93, just outside Woolworths at downtown Sydney, they knew the words then LOL

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    must have been about that time

Saw then busking in Sydney in 93, just outside Woolworths at downtown Sydney, they knew the words then LOL
    Reading '90 was a good weekend on the whole. Pixies, Fall & Sonic Youth great. Scorching weather & Sisters of Mercy fans wilting in their leathers and a fair few chili Peppers fans wandering about in just their socks.

Worst was probably Stone Roses at Spike island, I wasn't that far back and central and could barely hear a thing.
    The PA system they had just wasn't up to it. Bit of a shit day all round as well. good fireworks at the end though.

The most surreal was Primal Scream at the Uni great hall, just before Loaded came out, they came on stage to be greeted by a sum total of 13 people in the crowd, fair play to them they did a full set but I've never been able to count an audience before..

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Reading '90 was a good weekend on the whole. Pixies, Fall & Sonic Youth great. Scorching weather & Sisters of Mercy fans wilting in their leathers and a fair few chili Peppers fans wandering about in just their socks.
    best RHCP gig i saw was only a few years back at the madejski stadium, it was the Stadium Arcadium tour, just googled it, it was 11 years ago now, where has that time gone ? ? /

Hendrix at Woodstock in '69, I fell asleep after 5 minutes.

Manics millennium gig , surrounded by pissed arseholes in Welsh rugby shirts and the manics were utter shit , background was videos of Welsh rugby games for ****s sake , wanted to piss off home early but bird at time was really into them , ****ing dull bitch

Neil Young, the audience were going mad at half an hour of feed back.

Now I like Neil Young’s music but this was utter shite. I left the gig early as I couldn’t stand any more.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Manics millennium gig , surrounded by pissed arseholes in Welsh rugby shirts and the manics were utter shit , background was videos of Welsh rugby games for ****s sake , wanted to piss off home early but bird at time was really into them , ****ing dull bitch
    I was there too, it was terrible. The support was shite, even some tit reading poetry. Ridiculous queues for the bar, I remember it got to midnight and everyone thought "is that it?" And went home.

The Australian Pink Floyd tonight were exceptional, dark side of the moon played in full, with a decent back catalogue selection in the 2nd half, One Of These Days was sublime, bass player sound was mesmeric

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hendrix at Woodstock in '69, I fell asleep after 5 minutes.
    I fell asleep during Peter Gabriel at Knebworth. I think I would have stayed awake for Hendrix

[😉QUOTE=Glos Blue;4789018]I was there too, it was terrible. The support was shite, even some tit reading poetry. Ridiculous queues for the bar, I remember it got to midnight and everyone thought "is that it?" And went home.[/QUOTE]

😬

[QUOTElsonca61;4789021]The Australian Pink Floyd tonight were exceptional, dark side of the moon played in full, with a decent back catalogue selection in the 2nd half, One Of These Days was sublime, bass player sound was mesmeric[/QUOTE]

A decent sound at the CIA ? Pull the other one

Kanye West @ the CIA in 2007

I haven't been to many concerts (Kanye, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Nas, GZA, Ghostface Killah, Method Man, Redman, Snoop Dogg).

Kanye was the only one of the above who tried to have 3 wardrobe changes in the middle of the concert. Everyone else just rapped like a normal rapper.

The only redeeming factor that night was he performed the song "Hey Mama" a few days after his mum had died. A brave performance, considering.