+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stewards' searches at CCS turnstiles - a joke!

Stewards' searches at CCS turnstiles - a joke!

'Open yer coat' they demand

Honestly!

I've seen pensioners who are barely able to walk asked to open their coats.

Do they think if we wanted to smuggle a weapon in, we couldn't get thru this ridiculous check.

Or is it to check our flies aren't open?

I ask them to hold my brolly on wet days while I open up. Inside the brolly is an AK 47.

Re: Stewards' searches at CCS turnstiles - a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Honestly!

Do they think if we wanted to smuggle a weapon in, we couldn't get thru this ridiculous check.

I ask them to hold my brolly on wet days while I open up. Inside the brolly is an AK 47.
    What a thread to start !!. They arent checking for guns, they are checking for bomb belts as a result of the Manchester Arena atrocity. Any reasonable person would be quite happy to comply. Any stadium in the country is now a possible target for these idiots. If such a bomb went off inside CCS you would probably be the first person to complain about the lack of checks at the turnstiles.

SuperBluebirds91

Honestly!

Seriously is this post for real? Id quite happily turn up over an hour prior to kick off if they took longer to check for potential threats! I have absolutely no problem in everyone being checked for weapons, bombs or whatever to ensure the safety of the crowd, players etc etc. Sometimes I feel they don't check enough if you know what I mean for example - some people are checked and felt down and others just have a quick peep then let them carry on. Everyone e should be checked whether you are in the directors box, family stand or an away fan.

Would you be happy to put us all at risk and ask for no checks? There's not such thing as a small risk - looks at some of the attacks so far - some of them are unbelievable and no one would have ever thought they would happen there such as Manchester arena or Parsons Green tube etc. Just think a week earlier we were going through that station to get to Fulham away! You can't ever be too careful mate.

Im glad when i see people complaining about the searches at airports stadiums etc.

Glad the checks are there. Shows security is being taken seriously.

Honestly!

Really?

I reckon it won't be long before there are even more stringent security checks at venues.

Honestly!

Aren't you being a little, ahem, one sighted on this one?
    Aren't they checking for stashed booze?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What a thread to start !!. They arent checking for guns, they are checking for bomb belts as a result of the Manchester Arena atrocity. Any reasonable person would be quite happy to comply. Any stadium in the country is now a possible target for these idiots. If such a bomb went off inside CCS you would probably be the first person to complain about the lack of checks at the turnstiles.
    I wonder what the security guys would do if someone opened their coat to reveal a suicide belt.

What a thread to start !!. They arent checking for guns, they are checking for bomb belts as a result of the Manchester Arena atrocity. Any reasonable person would be quite happy to comply. .
    I comply. During those matches on warm days in August, I took my t-shirt off to show I wasn't wearing a bomb-belt. Oh how we larfed!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Aren't you being a little, ahem, one sighted on this one?
    Aren't they checking for stashed booze?
    I thought it was mainly for water bottles with the caps still on. I think of it as the Compass profits check.

Of course it also has the advantage that any bomb belts or similar real threats should be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I wonder what the security guys would do if someone opened their coat to reveal a suicide belt.
    Being on a zero hour contract at Ł7.50 an hour I strongly suspect they'd throw their arms in the air, shriek "oh my God" and run like feck.

If the CCS was targeted then I doubt that the terrorist would wait to get through the turnstiles anyway

Footballs gone soft.

Clubs a joke

I'm sure there were armed polizei at the Villa & Leeds games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im glad when i see people complaining about the searches at airports stadiums etc.

Glad the checks are there. Shows security is being taken seriously.
    You wont want to watch them searching my bag then.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought it was mainly for water bottles with the caps still on. I think of it as the Compass profits check.

Of course it also has the advantage that any bomb belts or similar real threats should be found.
    Isn't it the case that many people secrete the caps and put them back on once they have gone through the turnstiles?

Honestly!

Place a box of Tampax Super in your handbag. As soon as they see those they stop the search in embarrassment.

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Place a box of Tampax Super in your handbag. As soon as they see those they stop the search in embarrassment.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for that.

I'm fine with it if the stewards know what theyre doing.

Going into the ground for austria game I was wearing welsh training trackies + wallet with a load of change in it.

The guy said "whats that", before I could say or even look down he full on grasped it, I jolted back because he'd made the wallet make contact with my balls.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Going into the ground for austria game I was wearing welsh training trackies + wallet with a load of change in it.

The guy said "whats that", before I could say or even look down he full on grasped it, I jolted back because he'd made the wallet make contact with my balls.
    Scruffy bastard

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Another great post from a fellow great poster

I got in with an armpit bomb today

This all appears a big joke to some people on here, whereas its all actually very serious. Any stadium or public place in the country is a potential target now. I am sure there were some people in Manchester and London who would have treated it in the same ignorant way previously but would say something totally different after the recent attacks and deaths. We should all treat the people who are trying to keep us safe with dignity and respect - how many of us would want to do their job.

This all appears a big joke to some people on here, whereas its all actually very serious. Any stadium or public place in the country is a potential target now. I am sure there were some people in Manchester and London who would have treated it in the same ignorant way previously but would say something totally different after the recent attacks and deaths. We should all treat the people who are trying to keep us safe with dignity and respect - how many of us would want to do their job.
    I would if I get to feel people's balls through their trackie bottoms.

Surely the obvious solution is to just check the brown people?

With extra vigilance for ones with beards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Surely the obvious solution is to just check the brown people?

With extra vigilance for ones with beards.
    Everyone’s thinking it