+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunnarsson

Gunnarsson

Why doesn’t he want to sign a new contract?

Is he looking for a big money move?

Re: Gunnarsson

This'll realistically be his last contract on top whack money so he'd be right to try and maximise that.

The money it would cost to replace him may as well give him a fair contracT.

Depends - would we still want him if we went up?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Depends - would we still want him if we went up?
    I would suggest that is thinking far to far ahead.
    Gunnar is now in his prime and will prob be no lover of the emperor or his cohorts.
    There will be clubs already tapping him up ive no doubt so he holds all the cards imo

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Gunnar is now in his prime and will prob be no lover of the emperor or his cohorts.
    There will be clubs already tapping him up ive no doubt so he holds all the cards imo
    Why wouldn’t he be a lover of tan? He’s played under his employment for 7 seasons?

Surely if he has a problem he would have upped and left by now?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why wouldn’t he be a lover of tan? He’s played under his employment for 7 seasons?

Surely if he has a problem he would have upped and left by now?
    I dont know anyone who is a lover of VT.
    Gunnar is one of Malkys boys and was accused of leaking the teamsheet before the game against Palace.
    He wont have forgotten that and as for why hasnt he upped and gone? ......
    you dont bite your nose to spite your face and if the right opportunity doesnt arise you sit and wait.

I doubt the players give a **** about the owners as long as the checks are signed.

Gunnar is one of Malkys boys and was accused of leaking the teamsheet before the game against Palace.
    you dont bite your nose to spite your face and if the right opportunity doesnt arise you sit and wait.
    He signed a 2 year contract extension in 2015 - long after Malkygate - taking him through to 2018.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...r-aron-9373436

In the summer he was reportedly happy at the club and ready to discuss a new contract. The fact that hasn't happened may be more down to the club and manager than to Gunnar:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...s-new-13235983

He won't have forgotten the club defending him against Moody's claims it was Gunnarsson who leaked the tem sheet.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good Tan bashing Jon

We need him to sign a new contract before January or sell him rather than lose him on a free as we have done with many other players?
    Ledley would be an outstanding replacement if he goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    We need him to sign a new contract before January or sell him rather than lose him on a free as we have done with many other players?
    Ledley would be an outstanding replacement if he goes!
    Depends where we are on the table. If he can help us get into the PL great, take the risk, it’s not like he’s going to fetch multiple millions with 5/6 months left on his contract.
    Good championship player but if we get promoted I couldn’t care less if he signed or not then as he’s not get the qualities needed in the PL. Thats already been proven.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good Tan bashing Jon
    Anyone who thinks VT is good for our club is demented. We are helpless against his crazy behaviour as recently as last month

Anyone who thinks VT is good for our club is demented. We are helpless against his crazy behaviour as recently as last month
    Ah right.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I doubt the players give a **** about the owners as long as the checks are signed.
    Checks????? Damn Yankees😂😂😂

Yep so helpless we are top of the league, turning down multiple millions for our striker and the manager, who’s not known to shy away from any issues, singing the praises of the owner.

We are a basket case of a club. I mean why can’t we be more like Swansea where we sell our best players, the chairman replaces them with sub standard players, and then the manager takes the fall when inevitably things don’t go to plan every year.

Why can’t we have Huw Jenkins and the Yanks in charge. So unfair.

It's his job and viewing it as such If the money is right for him he will sign.

Theres only one demented person on this thread and thats you. What crazy behavior happened last month - oh yes, he sanctioned us spending nearly £5m on new players. Crackers isnt he.

VT is the best Chairman this club has had in my lifetime. Has he cocked up, of course he has - spectacularly on a couple of issues - but he's the first chairman I have known who has bought financial stability to the club and a platform on which managers can build.

You're entitled to your viewpoint, as are a number of other fans, but I disagree with you. Would he have rectified his errors without the protests - probably not. I'm also very aware of TLG's comments about him trying to turn us into something which ignored our past, so perhaps things could have had a less pleasant outcome, but right now I couldn't be happier with where we've ended up. This may change in the future, but I come to watch competitive football, not discuss finances.

Final note, I prefer it when we develop our own players rather than buy them in and I don't think anyone can complain that VT isn't backing the development of our own players.

VT is the best Chairman this club has had in my lifetime. Has he cocked up, of course he has - spectacularly on a couple of issues - but he's the first chairman I have known who has bought financial stability to the club and a platform on which managers can build.

I agree with this. He know's he made some mistakes some of them being offensive but he changed them back and deserves respect for putting his hand's up. He gave Ollie stupid money, backed Malky to the hilt. I got no quarrel with him. I remember a fan moaning about his lack of investment when there was brick dust falling on his head from the new tier being erected.

You must just be here to try and get bites because i can't think of anyone on this board that talks the rubbish that you do

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why doesn’t he want to sign a new contract?

Is he looking for a big money move?
    What Iceland have achieved last night is quite incredible. Smallest nation ever to qualify for the world cup finals. Gunnar is their skipper and will go to the biggest football tournement on the planet as their skipper with all the kudos and publicity that will bring. Now for anyone who is wondering why he hadnt signed a new contract with us...... theres your answer?
    He may still re-sign for us but not till after the world cup imo
    Last edited by chepstow; 10-10-17 at 19:36. Reason: Spelling

What Iceland have achieved last night is quite incredible. Smallest nation ever to qualify for the world cup finals. Gunnar is their skipper and will go to the biggest football tournement on the planet as their skipper with all the kudos and publicity that will bring. Now for anyone who is wondering why he hadnt signed a new contract with us...... theres your answer?
    He may still re-sign for us but not till after the world cup imo
    Good luck to the lad , before the Warnock reawakening a lot were calling for him and the Whitts partnership to be broken up .

He's a good player ,lacks a bit of close control ,can be suspect in front of goal ,but makes up for all that , by delivering a great effort .

If we go up , he will want to sign ,however will we then need something better though ?

If a good offer came in I think we maybe tempted to cash in .

I would sell in Jan of a decent offer comes in. Dont forget Gunnar will have one eye on Russia and his performances will inevitably tail off in the latter part of the season. His contract expires in June 2018 anyway.