+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunnarsson

Blue in the Face

Re: Gunnarsson

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I would sell in Jan of a decent offer comes in. Dont forget Gunnar will have one eye on Russia and his performances will inevitably tail off in the latter part of the season. His contract expires in June 2018 anyway.
    Yes and no. We'll surely be in with a promotion shout come Jan. We can't be selling him if so. His stock will be very high if he and the Icelanders do well. My guess is the only way we'll keep him is if we get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yep so helpless we are top of the league, turning down multiple millions for our striker and the manager, who’s not known to shy away from any issues, singing the praises of the owner.

We are a basket case of a club. I mean why can’t we be more like Swansea where we sell our best players, the chairman replaces them with sub standard players, and then the manager takes the fall when inevitably things don’t go to plan every year.

Why can’t we have Huw Jenkins and the Yanks in charge. So unfair.
    Tan is really great, and the £2k + I saved from not watching his circus is proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Yes and no. We'll surely be in with a promotion shout come Jan. We can't be selling him if so. His stock will be very high if he and the Icelanders do well. My guess is the only way we'll keep him is if we get promoted.
    If he's out of contract in the summer, then teams will wait for the summer before getting him on a Bosman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    And guess whose loan is up in January.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yep so helpless we are top of the league, turning down multiple millions for our striker and the manager, who’s not known to shy away from any issues, singing the praises of the owner.

We are a basket case of a club. I mean why can’t we be more like Swansea where we sell our best players, the chairman replaces them with sub standard players, and then the manager takes the fall when inevitably things don’t go to plan every year.

Why can’t we have Huw Jenkins and the Yanks in charge. So unfair.
    Can’t understand why anyone would reply to postings by that plum. Amount of drivel he posts he should stay in his nursery.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Good luck to the lad , before the Warnock reawakening a lot were calling for him and the Whitts partnership to be broken up .
    Indeed, because it didn't really work. Looking at how both players have done since Whitts left might provide a part of the reason as to why it never really worked. Of course Warnock's involvement is one reason, but that's only a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed, because it didn't really work. Looking at how both players have done since Whitts left might provide a part of the reason as to why it never really worked. Of course Warnock's involvement is one reason, but that's only a part of it.
    Gunnar played in a pairing with Ralls under Slade for the second half of the 15/16 season and was poor there too. Whitts played on the left. For whatever reason (Slade), Gunnar was terrible until Warnock came in. He didn't get about the pitch, couldn't pass and gave silly fouls away. He's back to his best now.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I would sell in Jan of a decent offer comes in. Dont forget Gunnar will have one eye on Russia and his performances will inevitably tail off in the latter part of the season. His contract expires in June 2018 anyway.
    He is going to russia one way or another as he is the captain.

I think selling him would be a dreadful decision

Well at the moment anyway, I don't want anyone to be sold as theyre doing so well

VT is the best Chairman this club has had in my lifetime. Has he cocked up, of course he has - spectacularly on a couple of issues - but he's the first chairman I have known who has bought financial stability to the club and a platform on which managers can build.

You're entitled to your viewpoint, as are a number of other fans, but I disagree with you. Would he have rectified his errors without the protests - probably not. I'm also very aware of TLG's comments about him trying to turn us into something which ignored our past, so perhaps things could have had a less pleasant outcome, but right now I couldn't be happier with where we've ended up. This may change in the future, but I come to watch competitive football, not discuss finances.

Final note, I prefer it when we develop our own players rather than buy them in and I don't think anyone can complain that VT isn't backing the development of our own players.

well said penarth blues he his the best chairman we have had in my time watching the city for the last 38 years

All eyes are going to be on Iceland at the world cup and a decent world cup will give him so many options. He will be able to go anywhere around the world plus everyone loves an underdog especially if they have got a long throw

Blue in the Face

Classic Neil...

Warnock was worried about Gunnarsson's fitness before Iceland's qualifiers with Turkey and Kosovo.

The 28-year-old played in both ties and films of him joining in the country's celebrations emerged on social media.

Warnock joked: "He should be available, but we have not breathalysed him yet."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41595104