+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very poor attendance today

Re: Very poor attendance today

Stay up there and the crowds will go up.[/QUOTE]

History and evidence says no , unless we are playing villa or Leeds ......I am afraid the city of Cardiff just isn't a football city

Considering its size , Swansea is , not nice to admit it , but it's the truth

When petty was ruining the jacks thousands walked through the streets to protest

When tan tried to erase our history and tradition the vast majority just couldn't be arsed as it meant they might be able to watch the big clubs every week

That's the city of Cardiff for you

Unfortunately football is getting too expensive to watch week in week out.

History and evidence says no , unless we are playing villa or Leeds ......I am afraid the city of Cardiff just isn't a football city

Considering its size , Swansea is , not nice to admit it , but it's the truth

When petty was ruining the jacks thousands walked through the streets to protest

When tan tried to erase our history and tradition the vast majority just couldn't be arsed as it meant they might be able to watch the big clubs every week

That's the city of Cardiff for you
    Although Swansea averaged 15,500 the season they went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Unfortunately football is getting too expensive to watch week in week out.
    That doesn't explain big gates at forest , Norwich , Sheffield united etc and I think if Swansea had a 24000 seater ground it would be full every week

I am afraid Cardiff city just isn't the club we think it is

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Although Swansea averaged 15,500 the season they went up.
    They sneaked in via the play offs , they were hardly tearing sides apart like we have been

The jacks have always got behind their club more than us

I mean is anybody seriously going to defend some of our poor gates this season ?

Most people only want to watch Premiership football these days, we had full houses of 28k, the 13th best in league that year despite being bottom of league and playing in red during that season?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They sneaked in via the play offs , they were hardly tearing sides apart like we have been

The jacks have always got behind their club more than us

I mean is anybody seriously going to defend some of our poor gates this season ?
    Not me, I generally agree with you.

Crowds are well up on last season and will continue to remain so if we carry on as we are. No need to be so negative about this. There is always someone looking to put a negative spin on something. Just enjoy the ride and stay positive.

It was about what I expected today.
    A lot of us made an effort on Tuesday to get £5 tickets for people to go who don't feel as strongly as we do about the club.

Not long ago we'd dropped down to 13k crowds, with many less actually there.

We are on our way back to decent crowds. I don't think today was too bad.

We might be top, and that's great, but it's early yet and it'll take time to persuade people we can keep it up

Stay up there and the crowds will go up.

Silly comparison really - Tan v Petty. Really need to debate the 2? - Them lot went into admin twice didnt they? Stop bigging them feckers up. Ripped off their creditors we avoided that. Did their thousands chip in and pay their creditors - no course they didnt.

What sporting club in Cardiff gets higher averages than the football team if we are not a footballing City?

You've basically nailed the problem Sludge. Big city with little interest in its own team. If you visited every school in Cardiff and asked every pupil who their favourite team was, how many would say Cardiff City?
    Try doing the same in places like Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheffield etc, the results would be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Silly comparison really - Tan v Petty. Really need to debate the 2? - Them lot went into admin twice didnt they? Stop bigging them feckers up. Ripped off their creditors we avoided that. Did their thousands chip in and pay their creditors - no course they didnt.

What sporting club in Cardiff gets higher averages than the football team if we are not a footballing City?
    Like it or not the jacks get behind their club

Sheffield , derby , Portsmouth , football cities

Cardiff ....no chance

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You've basically nailed the problem Sludge. Big city with little interest in its own team. If you visited every school in Cardiff and asked every pupil who their favourite team was, how many would say Cardiff City?
    Try doing the same in places like Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheffield etc, the results would be very different.
    Of course success of our team compared to those you have mentioned is threadbare but we do not have a solid loyal following

Plymouth got bigger gates than we did in the lower leagues , that says it all

You’re no Nostradamus, Sludgey baby.

Football isn’t engrained in the city of Cardiff as it is Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, and other major cities in Britain.

Why don’t you try telling us something we don’t know

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You’re no Nostradamus, Sludgey baby.

Football isn’t engrained in the city of Cardiff as it is Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, and other major cities in Britain.

Why don’t you try telling us something we don’t know
    What about the urban metropolis that is Norwich ?

Like it or not the jacks get behind their club

Sheffield , derby , Portsmouth , football cities

Cardiff ....no chance
    Name me the sporting club in Cardiff that gets bigger crowds than the football team?

What about the urban metropolis that is Norwich ?
    There’s **** all else there for blokes to do besides strawberry picking and fingering your sister

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There’s **** all else there for blokes to do besides strawberry picking and fingering your sister
    That's the standard response

I agree we should be getting bigger crowds but don`t agree with what you say about the jacks they are 1 relegation away from 13000 crowds They have only topped our average home crowds about 3 times in the history of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Name me the sporting club in Cardiff that gets bigger crowds than the football team?
    Er it wasn't long ago Cardiff rugby got bigger gates than us and even when we are on a roll our crowds do not in any way suggest that we are a footballing city , nor ever have been

We get big gates for the big games and then half of them vanish

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I agree we should be getting bigger crowds but don`t agree with what you say about the jacks they are 1 relegation away from 13000 crowds They have only topped our average home crowds about 3 times in the history of our club.
    Sludgey is on a very poor wind up or he’s pissed as **** if he thinks Swansea have a more loyal fan base

Er it wasn't long ago Cardiff rugby got bigger gates than us and even when we are on a roll our crowds do not in any way suggest that we are a footballing city , nor ever have been

We get big gates for the big games and then half of them vanish
    Tell us something we don’t know Slug

Has anyone thought that some people can’t afford the rock up twice in a week

They have done it far more often than that mate and I will have a bet with you ....if Swansea get relegated they will average 18000 at least in the championship

Agree - dont get the Jacks love in either.

Their ground is full of plastics who will walk on relegation.