+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very poor attendance today

Re: Very poor attendance today

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If it hadn't been for clemo we would have gone under , he was shady but he kept the club going when the vultures were circling
    Bang on mate. Kumar, Wright all of them passed the torch on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah right, you're trying to defend the indefensible - given the size of the away followings and those who turned up today and didn't on Tuesday, I'd say forty per cent of the so called City fans who were there against Leeds didn't bother coming today. Saying it's too expensive doesn't wash either when a lot of them only had to pay a fiver against Leeds - as I said, embarrassing.
    Why’s it indefensible? Why’s it embarrassing?

People can do as they please they don’t need to make excuses.

It’s not work or school. You don’t have to attend and you don’t need to justify yourself to others either.

I give up , the same old excuses are coming out

They don't have local league football in other cities ......oh yes they do .......two games in a week .......same for other clubs

Wake up lads Cardiff city have always had fickle support

When Rick Wright was in charge we went on a five game winning run , our crowd in the final winning game at home was smaller than the first !!

Only at Cardiff city

We had the chance to build a strong supporters base through the trust but that was frowned upon , I got pissed off handing out flyers to people who seemed to have no idea of the strength of supporter power

And it's the same for our home gates , today's attendance was poor , no excuses

Have a good evening
    And still you havent named who gets bigger crowds than us in the City.

Plus a mid week crowd which blows away any support for any club in our country.

Goodnight.

We can dislike teams like Leeds however they have a distinct loyal fan base , nog much we can do about it , the plastic fan is with us to stay as its easier to watch from the sofa than going out.

I really don’t understand why people get so hung up on attendances.

Not sure if it is just me but I like to think of the things I have got rather than what I haven't got. A damn fine football club that's been upside down and inside out is one of them. How many people turn up don't really matter to me. Of course we would all like the stadium full but I won't get my arse in my hand if they don't. As long as folk love it then we are there, wherever that maybe. Long live the City.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Not sure if it is just me but I like to think of the things I have got rather than what I haven't got. A damn fine football club that's been upside down and inside out is one of them. How many people turn up don't really matter to me. Of course we would all like the stadium full but I won't get my arse in my hand if they don't. As long as folk love it then we are there, wherever that maybe. Long live the City.
    Well said that man. Makes no odds to me if I’m there with 15k other City fans or 25k. I’ve been to Wembley with 40k City fans and I’ve been to the likes of Lincoln where we’ve barely taken 200.

I give up , the same old excuses are coming out

They don't have local league football in other cities ......oh yes they do .......two games in a week .......same for other clubs

Wake up lads Cardiff city have always had fickle support

When Rick Wright was in charge we went on a five game winning run , our crowd in the final winning game at home was smaller than the first !!

Only at Cardiff city

We had the chance to build a strong supporters base through the trust but that was frowned upon , I got pissed off handing out flyers to people who seemed to have no idea of the strength of supporter power

And it's the same for our home gates , today's attendance was poor , no excuses

Have a good evening
    And all because she won't shave her muff?

Forget Tuesday night for now, can anyone tell me why our crowd today was down on the Sheffield Wednesday game? No excuses or pointless comparisons with the jack, that was an embarrasingly poor turn out today.
    Home fan attendance would have been about the same as Derby didn’t look like they brought as many as Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Well said that man. Makes no odds to me if I’m there with 15k other City fans or 25k. I’ve been to Wembley with 40k City fans and I’ve been to the likes of Lincoln where we’ve barely taken 200.
    Me too but it sure as hell makes a difference to the manager players and owner

I bet Warnock was confused to see such a small gate today after Tuesdays rip roaring victory

Me too but it sure as hell makes a difference to the manager players and owner

I bet Warnock was confused to see such a small gate today after Tuesdays rip roaring victory
    He already said in his presser that Tuesday was one of those one-offs that couldn’t be replicated

The crowd today was more or less consistent with the rest of the home games this season bar Leeds.

[QUOTE=Hilts;4789386]And still you havent named who gets bigger crowds than us in the City.

Well I was going to go to bed but I can't leave this laughable statement to lie .......just because we get a crap gate of 18000 for a side tearing up the division does not mean we are a well supported club or a football city , the rugby gates are equally piss poor considering Cardiff's spurious claims to be a sporting city , it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Unfortunately football is getting too expensive to watch week in week out.
    I agree some can't afford to go twice in a week and some can't or don't want to go every game..
    Why some take attendances to heart i don't know. Just worry about going yourselves and not what others are doing

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I agree some can't afford to go twice in a week and some can't or don't want to go every game..
    Why some take attendances to heart i don't know. Just worry about going yourselves and not what others are doing
    Well said

He already said in his presser that Tuesday was one of those one-offs that couldn’t be replicated

The crowd today was more or less consistent with the rest of the home games this season bar Leeds.

Consistently poor , you would be right there me old mobster

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Well said
    Well we need to take it seriously if we are ever thinking of competing with the big boys

Home fan attendance would have been about the same as Derby didn’t look like they brought as many as Wednesday
    So in essence we have beaten our nearest rivals , played great football and have not increased our gate ?

What a bizarre bunch of fans we have

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;4789408]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And still you havent named who gets bigger crowds than us in the City.

Well I was going to go to bed but I can't leave this laughable statement to lie .......just because we get a crap gate of 18000 for a side tearing up the division does not mean we are a well supported club or a football city , the rugby gates are equally piss poor considering Cardiff's spurious claims to be a sporting city , it isn't
    The Welsh - generally- don't associate themselves as strongly with their City/Town as their English counterparts. Rugby's a good example. Places like Bath & Exeter attract bigger gates then any Welsh Rugby sides. Probably because we're such a small nation, sports 'fans' follow the national side, whether football or rugby, and no their local team ..

I really don’t understand why people get so hung up on attendances.
    Profit and loss, balance sheets , sales from merchandise , that sort of thing , it's fairly important

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Silly comparison really - Tan v Petty. Really need to debate the 2? - Them lot went into admin twice didnt they? Stop bigging them feckers up. Ripped off their creditors we avoided that. Did their thousands chip in and pay their creditors - no course they didnt.

What sporting club in Cardiff gets higher averages than the football team if we are not a footballing City?
    Exactly, sludge needs to take some Valium, as if the jacks had thousands in the streets when petty tried to take over, a few hundred outside after a game but that was it. They are falling apart now and have been sold out by there own kind and still not one proper protest despite some fans desperately trying to get one going.
    They are no different, they haven’t taken a backward step in 15 years ffs. We’ve been in court, relegated, stripped of identity, shite managers, terrible ceo,s etc to name a few big ones......

Well we need to take it seriously if we are ever thinking of competing with the big boys
    80 to 90% of Cardiff’s population don’t go and watch football regularly, it’s a fact. Maybe they have better things to do? It’s an easy habit to break

So in essence we have beaten our nearest rivals , played great football and have not increased our gate ?

What a bizarre bunch of fans we have
    I was at the Wednesday game but couldn’t attend today. Many apologies super fan.

Profit and loss, balance sheets , sales from merchandise , that sort of thing , it's fairly important
    Own the club do you?

Looked full enough for me, I was disappointed with the atmosphere though. Not much to cheer about though mind.

Forget Tuesday night for now, can anyone tell me why our crowd today was down on the Sheffield Wednesday game? No excuses or pointless comparisons with the jack, that was an embarrasingly poor turn out today.
    I'm guessing that part of it was the fact Wednesday brought a lot more fans than Derby ?