+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very poor attendance today

Re: Very poor attendance today

Seeing as how sludge is ignoring my questions, I will answer them for him. Our average league home gate so far this season is 20900. Last season our average league gate for the whole season was 16564. Last season our average league home gate for the first 6 matches was 16406. Swanseas average home gate this season is 20702 and their average for the whole of last season was 20602. These figures do not support his claims about our support, which is building nicely. If we are still in the top four in the New Year, the stadium will be full. He seems very keen to critiscise our attendance record whilst admitting that he does not attend games very often - not speaking from a position of strength there.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Seeing as how sludge is ignoring my questions, I will answer them for him. Our average league home gate so far this season is 20900. Last season our average league gate for the whole season was 16564. Last season our average league home gate for the first 6 matches was 16406. Swanseas average home gate this season is 20702 and their average for the whole of last season was 20602. These figures do not support his claims about our support, which is building nicely. If we are still in the top four in the New Year, the stadium will be full. He seems very keen to critiscise our attendance record whilst admitting that he does not attend games very often - not speaking from a position of strength there.
    In the interest of balance the Leeds game with the cheap tickets are completely skewing the figures

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Of course numb nuts
    On a separate thread earlier today you categorically stated that you werent going to the game because heavy rain was forecast and you would spend the afternoon in front of the tv with beer and pizza. Which was it ?. One of your statements is/was a lie.

Could you remind us of the average attendances in our promotion season and when we were in the Premiership. P'raps a change of colour would boost support.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    In the interest of balance the Leeds game with the cheap tickets are completely skewing the figures
    Dont forget Tuesdays match was live on Sky. Also one of last seasons first 6 matches may have had a special offer as well.

Own the club do you?
    No but bums on seats is fairly , no vitally important , at championship level as we don't get the TV money , even you should be able to see it's a concerning issue

On a separate thread earlier today you categorically stated that you werent going to the game because heavy rain was forecast and you would spend the afternoon in front of the tv with beer and pizza. Which was it ?. One of your statements is/was a lie.
    Oh, well played sir!

Who says I don't attend games very often ? Not me sonny

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No but bums on seats is fairly , no vitally important , at championship level as we don't get the TV money , even you should be able to see it's a concerning issue
    Bums on seats is small potatoes these days. We’ve got parachute payments and from next year the football league has signed a big money 5 year deal with Sky so expect even lower crowds

If it was earlier in the day, my rudimentary knowledge of English grammar tells me that "One of your statements was a lie" is the correct way of expressing your profound point.

I am not ignoring your questions , Cardiff isn't a football city and our support is poor

Historically the facts bear this out

Big crowds for the big games .......then quick as a flash they go again

If you think a crowd of well short of twenty thousand for a top of the table club means our support is building nicely then you are just one of a long list of deluded Cardiff city fans who give ammo for others to take the piss out of , which they do , on a regular basis and of course raising the matter brings the usual bowls of protest

We as a fan base don't like to be told the truth and that truth is that one of the main things that has held back this club from success has been the reluctance of the local population to vote with their feet at the turnstiles

Today's crowd was a real let down for Warnock the team and Cardiff city football club and no amount of oh it doesn't really matter posts or excuses will wash with those who can see the bigger picture

Bums on seats is small potatoes these days. We’ve got parachute payments and from next year the football league has signed a big money 5 year deal with Sky so expect even lower crowds
    Well expect fewer signings and mid table football then

Take out Aston villas huge travelling support and the Leeds one off free for all then get back to me on what our average would be

Because of our position geographically it is vital we don't rely on big away followings to boost our crowds and our home support improves

But I have a feeling the sold out signs won't be going up many times this season , if at all

Who Cares how many went to the game ?.
    I went.
    If you can say the same, that is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    Who Cares how many went to the game ?.
    I went.
    If you can say the same, that is all you need.
    The people who sign players ? Tan is off his cake but he's unlikely to sanction a big money buy or prevent player sales if the fans are not filling the stadium !!

Jesus Christ it's hard work on here sometimes

The people who sign players ? Tan is off his cake but he's unlikely to sanction a big money buy or prevent player sales if the fans are not filling the stadium !!
    Do You really believe that ?.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    Do You really believe that ?.
    Do I really believe tan won't splash the cash if we are not doing our bit ?

Absolutely , he's ruthless and he will have noticed the drop off in support today , no doubt about it

Have you been living in a cave? Championship strikers are going for 12-15m we’d have to sell
    30-40,000 season the tickets just to make a big money buy. Then we’ve got to pay his wages.

If we’re going to make any big money signings it’s because Tan decides to have another crack, not because we put another 6000 bums on seats.

We don't need a big money buy.

We're top of the league with bargain buys and freebies.

Do I really believe tan won't splash the cash if we are not doing our bit ?

Absolutely , he's ruthless and he will have noticed the drop off in support today , no doubt about it
    If you are that worried about attendances, why dont you start going more often yourself ?. There are more people attending games than last season anyway, so why should he be concerned. He spent money in the summer based on season ticket sales and previous attendances, so why should he stop supporting the club now. Its just wishful thinking on your behalf because you dont like aTan and dont really support the team. You are just an armchair critic with nothing better to do and you deserve to be ignored.

If you are that worried about attendances, why dont you start going more often yourself ?. There are more people attending games than last season anyway, so why should he be concerned. He spent money in the summer based on season ticket sales and previous attendances, so why should he stop supporting the club now. Its just wishful thinking on your behalf because you dont like aTan and dont really support the team. You are just an armchair critic with nothing better to do and you deserve to be ignored.
    I'm guessing there were no gherkins in yer BigMac today....

Take out Aston villas huge travelling support and the Leeds one off free for all then get back to me on what our average would be

Because of our position geographically it is vital we don't rely on big away followings to boost our crowds and our home support improves

But I have a feeling the sold out signs won't be going up many times this season , if at all
    So your new way of calculating average attendances is to ignore any away following, presumably because it helps your argument. In the Championship there are at least 7 or 8 teams every season who bring decent to large support. You are also convieniently ignoring the fact that the Leeds match was televised live on Sky and this normally knocks at least 3000 to 4000 off the gate. As to your ascertion that there wont be many sell outs this season - you now appear to have taken on psychic abilities. The last time we got promoted in 2012/2013 our average attendance was 22296 and four out of the last five games were sell outs.

So your new way of calculating average attendances is to ignore any away following, presumably because it helps your argument. In the Championship there are at least 7 or 8 teams every season who bring decent to large support. You are also convieniently ignoring the fact that the Leeds match was televised live on Sky and this normally knocks at least 3000 to 4000 off the gate. As to your ascertion that there wont be many sell outs this season - you now appear to have taken on psychic abilities. The last time we got promoted in 2012/2013 our average attendance was 22296 and four out of the last five games were sell outs.
    Definitely no gherkins .....

We have 15,000 proper fans roughly
    Another 15,000 floaters who go when they can over a season
    Another 15,000 complete glory hunters who will go to a big game every year or so like a play off/cup final etc....

After over 30 seasons as a season tkt holder I am Defo now a floater. I'll do 10-15 games a season and that suits me and my busy lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that