+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very poor attendance today

Re: Very poor attendance today

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    It's always been the way with us though. I've been amongst 50,000 at Ninian park to watch us play leeds in the cup in 1972. The following Saturday we were home to Fulham, I think, and only 13,000 turned up!
    Yep i was there and still there

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree - dont get the Jacks love in either.

Their ground is full of plastics who will walk on relegation.
    Anyone remember the year they beat Chelsea in the league cup semi? Sky interviewed some bloke in a Swansea scarf before the game and he said he doesn’t mind who won because he was also a Chelsea fan!!!’

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Has anyone thought that some people can’t afford the rock up twice in a week
    That doesn't account for the fact that all other clubs sometimes have two home games in a week yet don't get the sporadic support levels we do

It's almost uniquely a Cardiff thing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They have done it far more often than that mate and I will have a bet with you ....if Swansea get relegated they will average 18000 at least in the championship
    1st season they probably will as season tickets are sold the previous season.
    Give them 3/4 years back in the championship they won’t be getting anywhere near 18000

Do you mind me asking Sludge, do you attend every game?

We will see if the jacks go down and we fail to go up , my money's on Swansea who I want to see in league two ASAP but it aint going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Do you mind me asking Sludge, do you attend every game?
    As many as I can which is more than can be said for the 6000 that vanished since Tuesday

1st season they probably will as season tickets are sold the previous season.
    Give them 3/4 years back in the championship they won’t be getting anywhere near 18000
    They are an established premiership club , I think you will be surprised

They have done it far more often than that mate and I will have a bet with you ....if Swansea get relegated they will average 18000 at least in the championship
    Swansea on relegation next season will have a certain amount of ST holders who have paid in advance for PL football.

After that I wouldnt take you up on your bet as to me thats bullying. Youd lose. Easy money. Theres nothing in their history to suggest theyd get near that amount.

As many as I can which is more than can be said for the 6000 that vanished since Tuesday
    So the answers no then?

I wasn't able to make it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I wasn't able to make it today.
    I’m surprised you’re allowed to leave the house the amount of restraining orders you have

I’m surprised you’re allowed to leave the house the amount of restraining orders you have
    If they dress like tarts, I'll treat 'em like tarts.

So the answers no then?
    I think you should be asking that question to the thousands of fans who jumped ship and always seem to jump ship at the first opportunity

Let me give you another example .......Dave Jones first game in charge against Leeds , 15000.........we beat them in a great game

A week later v Watford ? 9000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Good crowd today.

Clemo was right at the time - 2 - 3000 crowds were terrible.

Stay up there and the crowds will go up.
    Clemo was a travel agent not a billionaire, City was in division 4. I doubt crowd's were ever lower than that period. I remember being in Ninian thinking my Grampy was pulling my leg when he would cast his mind back to his day and 50000 flat caps filling the void in front of me. Today is progress. 18000 don;t pull any trees up but it's a different world. Clemo was a bit of a wide boy n all. Back in the day when if you had a half tidy business you could buy the local football club. Glad he did though cause this board wouldn't exist today without him. Long live the City.

I think you should be asking that question to the thousands of fans who jumped ship and always seem to jump ship at the first opportunity

Let me give you another example .......Dave Jones first game in charge against Leeds , 15000.........we beat them in a great game

A week later v Watford ? 9000
    Sludgey you’re not enlightening us to anything new!?!?!!

I just find it a bit rich your complaining about fluctuating crowds when you are a sporadic attendee yourself.

Er it wasn't long ago Cardiff rugby got bigger gates than us and even when we are on a roll our crowds do not in any way suggest that we are a footballing city , nor ever have been

We get big gates for the big games and then half of them vanish
    Whats our average gate so far this season ?. What was our average gate last season after 6 home games ?. What is Swanseas average gate (any season). Find out the answers and you will see how stupid your comments look. Cardiff Rugby club havent had bigger gates that the football club for something like 20 years. The two home Cardiff Rugby matches this season have had gates of 6100 and 5500. Rugby city ? - you must be joking. In the season we went up to the Premier League in 2012/2013 our average home attendance was 22296. In the Premier League our stadium was full every week.

Forget Tuesday night for now, can anyone tell me why our crowd today was down on the Sheffield Wednesday game? No excuses or pointless comparisons with the jack, that was an embarrasingly poor turn out today.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Clemo was a travel agent not a billionaire, City was in division 4. I doubt crowd's were ever lower than that period. I remember being in Ninian thinking my Grampy was pulling my leg when he would cast his mind back to his day and 50000 flat caps filling the void in front of me. Today is progress. 18000 don;t pull any trees up but it's a different world. Clemo was a bit of a wide boy n all. Back in the day when if you had a half tidy business you could buy the local football club. Glad he did though cause this board wouldn't exist today without him. Long live the City.
    Good post.

Football clubs are no longer owned by the butcher, baker or candle stick maker.

Clemos comments belong in an era that is completely alien to today.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post

If it hadn't been for clemo we would have gone under , he was shady but he kept the club going when the vultures were circling

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Forget Tuesday night for now, can anyone tell me why our crowd today was down on the Sheffield Wednesday game? No excuses or pointless comparisons with the jack, that was an embarrasingly poor turn out today.
    We hadn’t had a home game for 3 weeks before we faced Wednesday.

If it hadn't been for clemo we would have gone under , he was shady but he kept the club going when the vultures were circling
    Same could be said of Borley, and now Tan

There's a large sense of dèja vu about his thread but worth throwing this one in the mix along with the points already made.
    There are many City fans who play football themselves on a Saturday in Cardiff, something they don't do in other cities mentioned. They also have kids who would probably join 'em.

Leeds game. Two teams joint top. Loads of hype. Fiver a ticket....
    28k was a false reading!

Fans are slowly returning after the Malky red malarky but it doesn't happen overnight.

We hadn’t had a home game for 3 weeks before we faced Wednesday.
    Yeah right, you're trying to defend the indefensible - given the size of the away followings and those who turned up today and didn't on Tuesday, I'd say forty per cent of the so called City fans who were there against Leeds didn't bother coming today. Saying it's too expensive doesn't wash either when a lot of them only had to pay a fiver against Leeds - as I said, embarrassing.

I give up , the same old excuses are coming out

They don't have local league football in other cities ......oh yes they do .......two games in a week .......same for other clubs

Wake up lads Cardiff city have always had fickle support

When Rick Wright was in charge we went on a five game winning run , our crowd in the final winning game at home was smaller than the first !!

Only at Cardiff city

We had the chance to build a strong supporters base through the trust but that was frowned upon , I got pissed off handing out flyers to people who seemed to have no idea of the strength of supporter power

And it's the same for our home gates , today's attendance was poor , no excuses

Have a good evening