+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In the absence of Duracell batteries, ain't it time for Warlock to trust his subs ?

In the absence of Duracell batteries, ain't it time for Warlock to trust his subs ?

Some of the guys looked off the pace today - Hoilett, Ralls (coming back from injury) and Zohorey in particular.

Would have liked to have seen Tomlin and Ward on much sooner, maybe even starting.

Derby the slow lumberers were there to be taken.

Beginning to think Warlock is playing it a bit safe, when we could have easily got a win....

Re: In the absence of Duracell batteries, ain't it time for Warlock to trust his subs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Some of the guys looked off the pace today - Hoilett, Ralls (coming back from injury) and Zohorey in particular.

Would have liked to have seen Tomlin and Ward on much sooner, maybe even starting.

Derby the slow lumberers were there to be taken.

Beginning to think Warlock is playing it a bit safe, when we could have easily got a win....
    agreed. Why they leave it so late to bring on subs is beyond me, Thought Bamba was looking jaded second half. He does a fantastic job defensively however his passing is not that of a midfielders. Tomlin should have started in my opinion.

Would like to see Ward up with Zohore at some point too.

Re: In the absence of Duracell batteries, ain't it time for Warlock to trust his subs ?

Don't think you could have had 2 up top and Tomlin on with the 2 wingers. Would have left us light, but Tomlin was needed earlier and by the time he came on it was too late.

Or Ward could have come on earlier and gone 2 up front and then maybe Ken off for Tomlin.

Derby were negative today, but it seemed we weren't prepared to take a risk to overcome it.

Also communication was poor today, Manga doesn't seem to talk at all, Bamba bumped into Hoillet, 3 players went for the same header at a corner, Tomlin was tackled by Zohore.

Sloppy, sloppy play today.

Good points, I thought Morrison and Bennett were decent. NML also looked a threat.

Nice to have a break now.

4 weeks for those who don't go away !

no, i meant tomlin should have been up behind Zohore,today, , maybe try ward up with Kenat another match.

Your spot on about us not wanting to take a risk to overcome it, always a risk, but i thought Bamba and Damour in particular faded in the second half.

yeah long break, hopefully Gunners won't come back injured. Top after September, will take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    no, i meant tomlin should have been up behind Zohore,today, , maybe try ward up with Kenat another match.

Your spot on about us not wanting to take a risk to overcome it, always a risk, but i thought Bamba and Damour in particular faded in the second half.

yeah long break, hopefully Gunners won't come back injured. Top after September, will take that.
    👍

I agree Warnock appears reluctant to use his two most expensive signings Ward and Tomlin when the game today was crying out for something different?

If I have one grumble about Warnock he’s very Slade-esque in his prematch analysis of the opposition. Waxes lyrical about every club we are due to face.
    I’d rather he said how great our players were rather than the opposition players, manager and/or fans.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If I have one grumble about Warnock he’s very Slade-esque in his prematch analysis of the opposition. Waxes lyrical about every club we are due to face.
    I’d rather he said how great our players were rather than the opposition players, manager and/or fans.
    I know what you mean but I think with Warnock its for the benefit of the press and not giving the opposition extra motivation, Whereas Im sure Slade even convinced our side Blackpool were Brazil. Im sure Warnock has our side believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I know what you mean but I think with Warnock its for the benefit of the press and not giving the opposition extra motivation, Whereas Im sure Slade even convinced our side Blackpool were Brazil. Im sure Warnock has our side believing.
    Russel Slade made Newport sound like Real Madrid before Grimsby faced them a few weeks ago 😂
    Singled 4 different players out for extended praise, and one in particular, an ex Grimsby player, he gave a full detailed run down of a brilliant scored this season. Mental.

I can't believe he didn't bring Ward on. Or throw Bogle on for the last 5. Why have two strikers on the bench if you don't use them drawing at home.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I can't believe he didn't bring Ward on. Or throw Bogle on for the last 5. Why have two strikers on the bench if you don't use them drawing at home.
    Indeed. The mind Bogles. Zohore was out on his feet

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Indeed. The mind Bogles. Zohore was out on his feet
    Probably kept Ken on knackered to Ward off any interest from potential suitors.