+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That was fecking tough today

That was fecking tough today

And we need to get used to it.
    BUT not many teams in this league have the players Derby have.
    Well done City on a hard earned point. Two weeks of being top.
    Remember where we were this time last year?

Re: That was fecking tough today

I feel Warnock should have changed things around second half and gone for the throat , a new body in midfield and shank off zahore

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Derby have some excellent players and will do well this season if they click.

Happy to be where we are right now. Competitive and over 2 points a game is brilliant!

I luvs a bit of positivity I dooz

Every time their players were tackled they went to ground,slowing up and breaking up play

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Every time their players were tackled they went to ground,slowing up and breaking up play
    Bothroyds sniper is still in residence at CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No other teams have the players that Derby has.
    Decent point today, can't complain

We need to work on corners, won 8 but never looked like scoring? Also we need to shoot more Ralls and Bamba had a number of chances but preferred to pass around the box?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    No other teams have the players that Derby has.
    Decent point today, can't complain
    How about us ?

Man for man we were top dogs today but couldn't break them down

Ward and Feeney should have been given a good go

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    We need to work on corners, won 8 but never looked like scoring? Also we need to shoot more Ralls and Bamba had a number of chances but preferred to pass around the box?
    To be fair, Derbys very well organised team had 8-9 players in the box. Clear shooting chances were hard to come by. What more can you do in that situation but pass it round to try and create a gap.

The only thing I would have find different is to have brought Tomlin on ten minutes earlier. The game was crying out for a tricky midfielder, to try to unlock their defence. Also we needed his quality at set pieces.

Derby are a good side who had a game plan and worked it out.Happy with a point

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Derby are a good side who had a game plan and worked it out.Happy with a point
    Agreed. Their back four were excellent and wouldn't look out of place in the premier league.Keogh in particular was excellent and Davies not far behind.

Derby were streetwise n drilled. A point is fine by me. 7 from the week. Not bad at all.

They were timewasting a lot from early on, and they're a bloody good side. A draw was fair, it's hard to make a case for it being 2 points dropped. Would like to have seen Ward come on. How long before Kareem is back, he's a lot better than Feeney!

They were also a big team, nullified our set price threat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They were also a big team, nullified our set price threat.
    No one was bigger than Huddlesone who must have put on 3 stone since I last saw him play

Decent enough side but to me looked like they came here to shut us down and play for a point. They were pulling and pushing Ken all over the shop. The plan seemed to be to take him out of the game and did a good job of it.
    We’re not going to win every game and sometimes we’re just going to have to fight for a point.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I feel Warnock should have changed things around second half and gone for the throat , a new body in midfield and shank off zahore
    I know he's a good striker, but is that sort of treatment a bit ott?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Decent enough side but to me looked like they came here to shut us down and play for a point. They were pulling and pushing Ken all over the shop. The plan seemed to be to take him out of the game and did a good job of it.
    We’re not going to win every game and sometimes we’re just going to have to fight for a point.
    It’s a tough league you can’t win them all. The important thing is we didn’t lose. If you are not fully at the races and still get something, albeit 1 point not 3, then it’s not the end of the world. Bounce back with 3 points at Brum and today is another point gained rather than 2 lost.
    11 our of 15 points at home to potential promotion rivals Villa, Sheff U, Sheff Weds, Leeds and Derby is not too shabby.

Glad it's not just me.

Come the end of season I feel that Derby will be in the mix for a top six place, hopefully we will be there with them. I was a bit disappointed that our midfield seemed to run out of steam towards the end and it is beginning to look as though Bryson is going to be a very important player for us this year. Two dropped points, perhaps but on the other hand we did not lose. Onward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Glad it's not just me.
    Nope, me as well.

Ward should have been given the last 20 minutes, with more of the ball to feet.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Nope, me as well.

Ward should have been given the last 20 minutes, with more of the ball to feet.
    Word?😂😂😂

I agree. Should have brought Tomlin and ward on for Zahore and Demour. Would have given us more options for attacking approach. The rest was taking care of itself.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I agree. Should have brought Tomlin and ward on for Zahore and Demour. Would have given us more options for attacking approach. The rest was taking care of itself.
    Spedger
    It's getting worse, it'll be Boothroyd & Risdale next😂😂😂😂