+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Planet Swans

Re: Planet Swans

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    If you lot eventually make it to the top level and manage to stick around this time, you'll quickly understand what I am alluding to when I talk about 'losing games we should be winning'. There are the top 6 who have an abundance of world class players and there are the rest - another 13 home fixtures against fellow non-top-six teams. You have to feel confident that you are going to win most of those fixtures, because you generally don't get much against the Uniteds, Arsenal's and Chelseas of this world. So if you don't get your share of positive results against those sides, you are in trouble. There is nothing arrogant about expecting to beat Watford at home.
    Deluded

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Hartley doesn’t do civility.
    Surely he can't be like he is in real life, otherwise god help him.

If you lot eventually make it to the top level and manage to stick around this time, you'll quickly understand what I am alluding to when I talk about 'losing games we should be winning'. There are the top 6 who have an abundance of world class players and there are the rest - another 13 home fixtures against fellow non-top-six teams. You have to feel confident that you are going to win most of those fixtures, because you generally don't get much against the Uniteds, Arsenal's and Chelseas of this world. So if you don't get your share of positive results against those sides, you are in trouble. There is nothing arrogant about expecting to beat Watford at home.
    I didn't say you were arrogant. I just said you didn't really deserve to win. I think they look a decent team this season and a point would have been a good result for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Key words, "expecting to beat".

That's pretty arrogant. You really meant "hoping to beat".
    You are A.Pedant and I claim my £5.

Not at all, just helping you out.

It's arrogant to expect to beat anybody in a one off discrete event. Overwhelming favourites can fail to win, see Spurs vs you lot.

You'd hope to win against Watford... but failed to do so.

I'm sure your squad will be competitive enough to stay up... in the Championship next season...

Use it to go towards a decent striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely he can't be like he is in real life, otherwise god help him.
    Are you a traffic warden in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Or put it towards paying back the local businesses they shafted. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I reckon he’s Lee Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

I'm certainly not looking for sympathy - I was just refuting an accusation of 'delusion'. I would have expected my post to generate disagreement but it would be nice if the discourse was conducted with a degree of civility. Shame on you.
    This is how it looks from here..

Deluded to be 'expecting' to win games in the prem.

Watford are up near the top and are clearly a decent side.

A point against them given the state of your squad and the fact you made 4 big signings to replace players leaving and none have really settled in wouldn't have been a bad result.

You've been in the prem several seasons, but have struggled for most and are one of the smallest clubs up there.

What has kept you up is clever signings and pulling together as a fan base.

A revolving door of managers and lack of patience from the fans could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Your next game is Huddersfield at home. That's probably the first one you should be 'expecting ' to win then a point v Leicester and things might look brighter.

At the moment it's good to see our fans at City have learnt from the past and are being very cautious about our chances for this season. Our fan base has shrunk a little in size since the prem, but has grown a lot in realism

Pretty much agree with what Tim says. Whenever I look on Planet Swans there seems to be a sense of entitlement and that the club should be doing better. Frankly every season Swansea survive in the PL equates to a successful season. There are only a handful of teams like Man Utd, Man City,Liverpool,Everton, Tottenham,Arsenal and Chelsea that will be almost certain not to be relegated each season. That leaves the rest at risk.

They used to say Charlton had broken the mound and were the team for all other smaller PL teams to model themselves on. Where are they now?

Swansea Town. Relegation fodder and just a little team to gather points from now. Bloody great

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Pretty much agree with what Tim says. Whenever I look on Planet Swans there seems to be a sense of entitlement and that the club should be doing better. Frankly every season Swansea survive in the PL equates to a successful season. There are only a handful of teams like Man Utd, Man City,Liverpool,Everton, Tottenham,Arsenal and Chelsea that will be almost certain not to be relegated each season. That leaves the rest at risk.

They used to say Charlton had broken the mound and were the team for all other smaller PL teams to model themselves on. Where are they now?
    League 1?

I just watched the highlights and Sanches is looking better.

If they have any hope of picking up points they need to get him playing better as they have absolutely 0 width.

SuperBluebirds91

I do know what your on about. When we were in the PL there were a handful of games when malky was in charge (mainly home games) that we were the better team and should have won. We showed promise and looked like we were going to score. We gave the game away stupidly and was frustratingly close to a win or a draw but unfortunately ended in a loss. Unfortunately the board made a big mistake by getting OGS (who I personally thought would have done better too) and we went down like a lead balloon. I always feel to This day that if malky had managed us to the end of the season we may have just stayed up by a whisker but guess we'll never know. I remember against the top teams we wouldn't expect anything apart from when we had that great win against man city at home (just a 1 off!). But we had hope against some of the lower teams but lost some of the games by a fine margin. Of course there were other games where we were just hammered!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I do know what your on about. When we were in the PL there were a handful of games when malky was in charge (mainly home games) that we were the better team and should have won. We showed promise and looked like we were going to score. We gave the game away stupidly and was frustratingly close to a win or a draw but unfortunately ended in a loss. Unfortunately the board made a big mistake by getting OGS (who I personally thought would have done better too) and we went down like a lead balloon. I always feel to This day that if malky had managed us to the end of the season we may have just stayed up by a whisker but guess we'll never know. I remember against the top teams we wouldn't expect anything apart from when we had that great win against man city at home (just a 1 off!). But we had hope against some of the lower teams but lost some of the games by a fine margin. Of course there were other games where we were just hammered!
    Relegation was the best thing that happened for me. If we'd had stayed up we'd still be in red and someone else would be sat in my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Relegation was the best thing that happened for me. If we'd had stayed up we'd still be in red and someone else would be sat in my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I reckon he’s Lee Camp

Very good

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

We don't play on paper. We should have beaten Watford at home but for some braindead defending - we were by far the better team in the second half. We should have at least got a point today but for a braindead substitution - we were by far the better team in the first half. And if we want to stay in this league we need to be beating the likes of Newcastle at home - although admittedly they were better than us on the day.

'On paper' yes Man Utd and Spurs would make us look 'the weaker side' and so it proved v Utd, but we grabbed a creditable point away to Spurs, as we did at Soton.

But there is no delusion. In our 7th year at the top level, we should not be looking as poor as we do at present. The club has lost its way in the past few seasons. And we know who is to blame.
    Nice to see a discussion about Swansea that does not involve 'point-scoring' with Cardiff.

Swansea have done incredibly well in staying in the big money league and it would be a shame if relegation did occur.

I think there are quite a few teams who may not be as well equipped as Swansea to stay up this year.

Conceding just one goal in the first 4 away matches is pretty decent form.

Early days ... no need to panic and demand managerial change.

Hopefully the South Wales derby can take place again in the PL next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Agree entirely

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Yeah, Paul Clement if you take a look at PS tonight

As for the Watford game you got battered 1st half. So what if you improved in the 2nd, you couldn’t get any worse!!!

Anyway, enough of the bleating please. If you’re looking fir sympathy you’ve come to the wrong place you Jack Bastard
    Out of order JR ...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree entirely
    Me n all. I like our new future much more than the old future if you know what I mean