+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planet Swans

Planet Swans

Some wonderful light entertainment this evening if you are that way inclined

Re: Planet Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Always good sport

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    but they did have ONE shot on target mun

It’s comedy gold tonight.

So deluded it’s unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post

Such negativity on there. Go and sort them out!

'Deluded'? Far from it. There are some hard cold facts of life being faced - and some tempers being lost. There's no delusion. There is agreement that we are playing poorly and losing games we should be winning. Nothing deluded about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    'Deluded'? Far from it. There are some hard cold facts of life being faced - and some tempers being lost. There's no delusion. There is agreement that we are playing poorly and losing games we should be winning. Nothing deluded about that.
    Which games should you be winning? As to me you’ve been the weaker side on paper for every game you’ve played thus far.

Here’s some more facts. Your board has just sold your two best offensive players, not replaced them and yet everyone is screaming for Clement out. Deluded.

If you're playing poorly then you shouldn't be winning.

What you're seeing is the cold hard facts of modern day football - if you want to stay in the money league then being frugal will only lead to one thing and that's inevitable relegation. There's only so long you can keep hoping that there's three teams shitter than you to avoid the drop. Sooner or later the lack of investment catches up with teams. It happened to Villa, it happened to Blackburn, it happened to Sunderland and it'll happen to you. Maybe this year, maybe not, but sooner or later you'll get relegated.

On the plus side, the championship is a great league for excitement and unpredictability and you might get more than one shot on target during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    If you're playing poorly then you shouldn't be winning.

What you're seeing is the cold hard facts of modern day football - if you want to stay in the money league then being frugal will only lead to one thing and that's inevitable relegation. There's only so long you can keep hoping that there's three teams shitter than you to avoid the drop. Sooner or later the lack of investment catches up with teams. It happened to Villa, it happened to Blackburn, it happened to Sunderland and it'll happen to you. Maybe this year, maybe not, but sooner or later you'll get relegated.

On the plus side, the championship is a great league for excitement and unpredictability and you might get more than one shot on target during the game.
    Selling your best players and trying to replace them on the cheap will only work for so long

No, nothing delusional there whatsoever. The likes of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Wolves can make those arrogant statements but Swansea whose bubble is bursting?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Which games should you be winning? As to me you’ve been the weaker side on paper for every game you’ve played thus far.
    We don't play on paper. We should have beaten Watford at home but for some braindead defending - we were by far the better team in the second half. We should have at least got a point today but for a braindead substitution - we were by far the better team in the first half. And if we want to stay in this league we need to be beating the likes of Newcastle at home - although admittedly they were better than us on the day.

'On paper' yes Man Utd and Spurs would make us look 'the weaker side' and so it proved v Utd, but we grabbed a creditable point away to Spurs, as we did at Soton.

But there is no delusion. In our 7th year at the top level, we should not be looking as poor as we do at present. The club has lost its way in the past few seasons. And we know who is to blame.

We don't play on paper. We should have beaten Watford at home but for some braindead defending - we were by far the better team in the second half. We should have at least got a point today but for a braindead substitution - we were by far the better team in the first half. And if we want to stay in this league we need to be beating the likes of Newcastle at home - although admittedly they were better than us on the day.

'On paper' yes Man Utd and Spurs would make us look 'the weaker side' and so it proved v Utd, but we grabbed a creditable point away to Spurs, as we did at Soton.

But there is no delusion. In our 7th year at the top level, we should not be looking as poor as we do at present. The club has lost its way in the past few seasons. And we know who is to blame.
    Yeah, Paul Clement if you take a look at PS tonight

As for the Watford game you got battered 1st half. So what if you improved in the 2nd, you couldn’t get any worse!!!

Anyway, enough of the bleating please. If you’re looking fir sympathy you’ve come to the wrong place you Jack Bastard

I listened to the Radio Wales phone in on the way home from the game. That was fecking hysterical to be fair. Absolute comedy gold.

Here’s some more facts. Your board has just sold your two best offensive players, not replaced them and yet everyone is screaming for Clement out. Deluded.
    You want deluded? Some of them seem to think Carlo Ancelloti could be their next manager

One shred of comfort for you is Palace are worse after watching MOTD.
    You only have to be marginally better than two other sides to scrape safety... much like last season

I went to the Watford game. Tbh, you were fortunate not to be 2 or 3 down at half-time. Better side in the 2nd half. Possibly a draw would have been fairer result overall but I'm not sure you can make a strong case that you should have won it. I think you had 3 shots on target and I think they're a better team.

There's your deluded right there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah, Paul Clement if you take a look at PS tonight

As for the Watford game you got battered 1st half. So what if you improved in the 2nd, you couldn’t get any worse!!!

Anyway, enough of the bleating please. If you’re looking fir sympathy you’ve come to the wrong place you Jack Bastard
    I'm certainly not looking for sympathy - I was just refuting an accusation of 'delusion'. I would have expected my post to generate disagreement but it would be nice if the discourse was conducted with a degree of civility. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You want deluded? Some of them seem to think Carlo Ancelloti could be their next manager

Bring Bob back I say. He’s got unfinished business.

I'm certainly not looking for sympathy - I was just refuting an accusation of 'delusion'. I would have expected my post to generate disagreement but it would be nice if the discourse was conducted with a degree of civility. Shame on you.
    Hartley doesn’t do civility.

That doesn’t mean he’s wrong in this instance though

You personally may not be deluded, but some of your fellow rat eaters most certainly are.

Bring Bob back I say. He’s got unfinished business.
    I see your Bob and raise you Jan Molby.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I went to the Watford game. Tbh, you were fortunate not to be 2 or 3 down at half-time. Better side in the 2nd half. Possibly a draw would have been fairer result overall but I'm not sure you can make a strong case that you should have won it. I think you had 3 shots on target and I think they're a better team.
    If you lot eventually make it to the top level and manage to stick around this time, you'll quickly understand what I am alluding to when I talk about 'losing games we should be winning'. There are the top 6 who have an abundance of world class players and there are the rest - another 13 home fixtures against fellow non-top-six teams. You have to feel confident that you are going to win most of those fixtures, because you generally don't get much against the Uniteds, Arsenal's and Chelseas of this world. So if you don't get your share of positive results against those sides, you are in trouble. There is nothing arrogant about expecting to beat Watford at home.

Time out. West Ham.goal coming up

If you lot eventually make it to the top level and manage to stick around this time, you'll quickly understand what I am alluding to when I talk about 'losing games we should be winning'. There are the top 6 who have an abundance of world class players and there are the rest - another 13 home fixtures against fellow non-top-six teams. You have to feel confident that you are going to win most of those fixtures, because you generally don't get much against the Uniteds, Arsenal's and Chelseas of this world. So if you don't get your share of positive results against those sides, you are in trouble. There is nothing arrogant about expecting to beat Watford at home.
    Key words, "expecting to beat".

That's pretty arrogant. You really meant "hoping to beat".