+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Planet Swans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Planet Swans

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    'Deluded'? Far from it. There are some hard cold facts of life being faced - and some tempers being lost. There's no delusion. There is agreement that we are playing poorly and losing games we should be winning. Nothing deluded about that.
    Which games should you be winning? As to me you’ve been the weaker side on paper for every game you’ve played thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Which games should you be winning? As to me you’ve been the weaker side on paper for every game you’ve played thus far.
    We don't play on paper. We should have beaten Watford at home but for some braindead defending - we were by far the better team in the second half. We should have at least got a point today but for a braindead substitution - we were by far the better team in the first half. And if we want to stay in this league we need to be beating the likes of Newcastle at home - although admittedly they were better than us on the day.

'On paper' yes Man Utd and Spurs would make us look 'the weaker side' and so it proved v Utd, but we grabbed a creditable point away to Spurs, as we did at Soton.

But there is no delusion. In our 7th year at the top level, we should not be looking as poor as we do at present. The club has lost its way in the past few seasons. And we know who is to blame.

We don't play on paper. We should have beaten Watford at home but for some braindead defending - we were by far the better team in the second half. We should have at least got a point today but for a braindead substitution - we were by far the better team in the first half. And if we want to stay in this league we need to be beating the likes of Newcastle at home - although admittedly they were better than us on the day.

'On paper' yes Man Utd and Spurs would make us look 'the weaker side' and so it proved v Utd, but we grabbed a creditable point away to Spurs, as we did at Soton.

But there is no delusion. In our 7th year at the top level, we should not be looking as poor as we do at present. The club has lost its way in the past few seasons. And we know who is to blame.
    Yeah, Paul Clement if you take a look at PS tonight

As for the Watford game you got battered 1st half. So what if you improved in the 2nd, you couldn’t get any worse!!!

Anyway, enough of the bleating please. If you’re looking fir sympathy you’ve come to the wrong place you Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

As for the Watford game you got battered 1st half. So what if you improved in the 2nd, you couldn’t get any worse!!!

Anyway, enough of the bleating please. If you’re looking fir sympathy you’ve come to the wrong place you Jack Bastard
    I'm certainly not looking for sympathy - I was just refuting an accusation of 'delusion'. I would have expected my post to generate disagreement but it would be nice if the discourse was conducted with a degree of civility. Shame on you.

I'm certainly not looking for sympathy - I was just refuting an accusation of 'delusion'. I would have expected my post to generate disagreement but it would be nice if the discourse was conducted with a degree of civility. Shame on you.
    Hartley doesn’t do civility.

That doesn’t mean he’s wrong in this instance though

You personally may not be deluded, but some of your fellow rat eaters most certainly are.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Hartley doesn’t do civility.
    Surely he can't be like he is in real life, otherwise god help him.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Out of order JR ...

I listened to the Radio Wales phone in on the way home from the game. That was fecking hysterical to be fair. Absolute comedy gold.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Nice to see a discussion about Swansea that does not involve 'point-scoring' with Cardiff.

Swansea have done incredibly well in staying in the big money league and it would be a shame if relegation did occur.

I think there are quite a few teams who may not be as well equipped as Swansea to stay up this year.

Conceding just one goal in the first 4 away matches is pretty decent form.

Early days ... no need to panic and demand managerial change.

Hopefully the South Wales derby can take place again in the PL next season.