+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etheridge

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Etheridge

Another good performance with a point saving save near end.

Still has a habit of kicking every pass-back 1st time, when he has time to adjust.

I can see a few air shots occurring when pitches become more worn.

Paul Robinson (England) ... 1 minute into clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSGav_QJVI

Re: Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Another good performance with a point saving save near end.

Still has a habit of kicking every pass-back 1st time, when he has time to adjust.

I can see a few air shots occurring when pitches become more worn.

Paul Robinson (England) ... 1 minute into clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSGav_QJVI
    Not if we get behind him and boost his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Not if we get behind him and boost his confidence.
    With “compliments” like the OP?

Starts a thread complimenting him, then has a little pop and puts a link up mocking him.

Nice

He's getting better every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    With “compliments” like the OP?

Starts a thread complimenting him, then has a little pop and puts a link up mocking him.

Nice
    Good shot stopper but may need to consider consequences of 1st time clearances.

Robinson example was certainly not mocking him ... has happened on numerous occasions over the years at all levels.

Perhaps you should consider engaging your brain before using your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I cannot disagree with that ... good / great saves in past two matches ... and fairly safe handling.

I just highlighted something that some may want him to work on.

Good shot stopper but may need to consider consequences of 1st time clearances.

Robinson example was certainly not mocking him ... has happened on numerous occasions over the years at all levels.

Perhaps you should consider engaging your brain before using your fingers.
    Perhaps you should consider giving one of our players some well deserved credit instead of the snidely back handed compliment

I cannot disagree with that ... good / great saves in past two matches ... and fairly safe handling.

I just highlighted something that some may want him to work on.
    Why?

Can’t you be positive without trying to pick out a negative?

Why?

Can’t you be positive without trying to pick out a negative?
    Why do some people have a problem when others make comments? If you're talking with mates about football in the pub, or wherever, lots of things, both positive and negative get raised. How boring is a conversation if you're just lavishing praise all the time?

An example - I met up with friends before kickoff today and saw some of the Huddersfield - Spurs game. In relaying how the game had gone before I arrived, there was talk of a fresh air kick by the Huddersfield goalkeeper. Should that have not been mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why do some people have a problem when others make comments? If you're talking with mates about football in the pub, or wherever, lots of things, both positive and negative get raised. How boring is a conversation if you're just lavishing praise all the time?

An example - I met up with friends before kickoff today and saw some of the Huddersfield - Spurs game. In relaying how the game had gone before I arrived, there was talk of a fresh air kick by the Huddersfield goalkeeper. Should that have not been mentioned?
    It is all about opinion . You are right by my view.

I couldn’t give too ****s about Huddersfield keeper

Did Etheridge make a fresh air kick then? Or are you hoping he does so you can feel justified in your negativity towards him?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I was just thinking that

Did Etheridge make a fresh air kick then? Or are you hoping he does so you can feel justified in your negativity towards him?
    What the feck are you talking about Etheridge for? I didn't mention him.

I thought he had a good game

He kept a clean sheet and made a couple of good saves. What else do you want from a keeper?

Don’t worry, if and when Etheridge does make a fresh air kick, Eric will be the first on here making snide remarks and rejoicing in the fact he called it. A very, very negative poster. Always looking to find fault. He would do well to remember we are a championship club, with championship players, not Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    He kept a clean sheet and made a couple of good saves. What else do you want from a keeper?
    Blood

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    It is all about opinion . You are right by my view.
    Precisely this. Opinion.

I've lost count of the times I've heard fans saying a certain player has had a shocker or a blinder. By the sounds of Henry Hill we mustn't say if someone has a bad game or makes a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Blood
    Not straight before a game. Might affect his performance.

Blood
    Seems like it

Precisely this. Opinion.

I've lost count of the times I've heard fans saying a certain player has had a shocker or a blinder. By the sounds of Henry Hill we mustn't say if someone has a bad game or makes a mistake.
    Not at all just don’t understand the need for negativity and picking faults when the guy hasnt had a stinker and had done all that was asked of him today. I wouldn’t expect you to understand that though with your glass half empty.

What the feck are you talking about Etheridge for? I didn't mention him.
    The thread is about Etheridge you toe nail. It’s got more to do with him than the Huddersfield keeper.

Don’t worry, if and when Etheridge does make a fresh air kick, Eric will be the first on here making snide remarks and rejoicing in the fact he called it. A very, very negative poster. Always looking to find fault. He would do well to remember we are a championship club, with championship players, not Real Madrid or Barcelona.
    Right, I've had a tit full of you suggesting that I somehow rejoiced in Etheridge's misplaced clearance that gifted Preston a goal. It was annoying. These things happen to goalkeepers at all levels.

I was concerned that it might happen. I could see it coming. To suggest I rejoiced or was happy that it did happen is bollocks and out of order, though you are the resident argumentative knob as we all know.

Others have mentioned Etheridge's kicking tonight. Are you going to go after them with the same poisonous venom as you lavish for me? Of course you won't, you haven't got the guts.

The thread is about Etheridge you toe nail. It’s got more to do with him than the Huddersfield keeper.
    And you started talking about people not being allowed to be negative, which is the issue I was talking about. I'm not talking about Etheridge, I was replying to your comment about negativity.

Try and keep up.

Right, I've had a tit full of you suggesting that I somehow rejoiced in Etheridge's misplaced clearance that gifted Preston a goal. It was annoying. These things happen to goalkeepers at all levels.

I was concerned that it might happen. I could see it coming. To suggest I rejoiced or was happy that it did happen is bollocks and out of order, though you are the resident argumentative knob as we all know.

Others have mentioned Etheridge's kicking tonight. Are you going to go after them with the same poisonous venom as you lavish for me? Of course you won't, you haven't got the guts.
    Utter nonsense. You were literally on here within minutes of the Preston game rejoicing in it. Yes you might have been trying to get one over on Tandy but you still made yourself look a right ****.

As for going after others and having guts? WTF?!? It’s an Internet forum ffs having the guts for what exactly?

If calling people like you out for being the unfairly negative towards our players is “having the guts” then sorry to disappoint but I dont reserve that pleasure just for you