Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Vincent Tan is the richest owner of the club in my lifetime and he seems to bankrolling CCFC whilst ensuring that the club structure and finances are made much more sustainable. Short of promotion, though, I doubt the club could survive in the top half of the Championship without Tan or someone similar continuing to prop it up. On balance - and despite the rebrand and naive/ignorant treatment of fans as customers in that period - I think Tan has far more in the credit column now than debit.

I like the hands-off relationship he has adopted (although I would like him to do an annual meeting with fans/media as he did 18 months ago), he seems to have learnt a lot about the culture and finances of British football and has delegated to Warnock and Choo (who mostly impresses me, especially as he has come from outside football). He seems to be backing the manager, keeping the cheques coming in, has supported initiatives around ticketing, prices, community and charity work, academy restructure, and more.

Jim White isn't doing interviews on his yacht any more, and except for a few minor Malky-related blips, Tan has avoided being 'the story'.

Recent history is still there, and the legacy has something to do with the damage to attendance and relationships with the club that are now slowly healing. But Tan seems a much better bet as owner than many others (maybe most others) in this league or any other likely options for us. And he appointed or approved the appointment of Neil Warnock - a massive positive that has been the catalyst for a transformation of the club on and off the field.

I'm not a fan of Vincent Tan - I find it hard to warm to billionaire businessmen - but I am comfortable with him as owner and the way he is conducting himself and the club at the moment.